Vaping ejuice

mike.dunning.370

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably a stupid question but why are they selling these 100, 200 watt devices when the max that I have ever vaped at is 30 without getting a burnt taste. What am I not understanding? Thanks

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of the new subohm tanks only come into their own at 70 plus watts!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like my high wattage mods but vape on them low wattage because the batteries last a longgggg time:)
Yep, my batteries last about 12-14 hrs on my IPV3Li using TC. I love it!:)

Reactions: ALF

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually drip around 45-50 watts.
I've tried going higher, I just seem to lose the flavor of the juice as I think it should taste past 30w. Maybe I need a different rda, I've just got a little derringer clone.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably a stupid question but why are they selling these 100, 200 watt devices when the max that I have ever vaped at is 30 without getting a burnt taste. What am I not understanding? Thanks
You're not understanding Ohm's law, resistance/wattage parity, coil mass/surface area, wattage/build optimization, heat flux and heat capacity, wick capillary action and relative air flow... to name but a few of the more critical elements.

Don't feel too bad... most VW mod users that have never used a mech mod don't have much of an understanding either. Everything is calculated for you by the various manufacturers... stick on the atty, set the wattage or TC value recommended and vape away.

There is a case to be made for 300, 400 and even 500 watts or more. Not a practical case mind you, but a case never the less.

A quad parallel 0.15Ω build using 22 gauge wire at 400 watts... has a bit of a slow time to temperature, and might be a bit warm for some, but with a surface area of over 260 mm² per coil, it makes for a tasty fog machine... assuming you don't pass out first.
This same build at "just" 100 watts would be a stone cold (below 100 mW/mm² HF) vape.

mike.dunning.370

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're not understanding Ohm's law, resistance/wattage parity, coil mass/surface area, wattage/build optimization, heat flux and heat capacity, wick capillary action and relative air flow... to name but a few of the more critical elements.

Don't feel too bad... most VW mod users that have never used a mech mod don't have much of an understanding either. Everything is calculated for you by the various manufacturers... stick on the atty, set the wattage or TC value recommended and vape away.

There is a case to be made for 300, 400 and even 500 watts or more. Not a practical case mind you, but a case never the less.

A quad parallel 0.15Ω build using 22 gauge wire at 400 watts... has a bit of a slow time to temperature, and might be a bit warm for some, but with a surface area of over 260 mm² per coil, it makes for a tasty fog machine... assuming you don't pass out first.
This same build at "just" 100 watts would be a stone cold (below 100 mW/mm² HF) vape.
Thanks for the info. Understand a little better now. Mike

Swoop_81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
U can buy coils that are able 2 handle the higher watts to eliminate the burning taste that u r experiencing.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors