Vaping for Under 18's?

Discussion in 'General Requests' started by Blenta98, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Blenta98

Blenta98 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I Have read up online that kids are not allowed to buy vapour pens however nothing says about smoking them. (Please dont give m a lecture im just curious

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018
  2. Teresa P

Teresa P Professional DIY Enabler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Well, if they aren't allowed to purchase them, it would stand to reason that they aren't allowed to use them. Personally, I would much rather find out my kid was vaping instead of smoking, IF they are bound and determined to do one or the other. But the ideal scenario, which I agree with, is for them to do neither.
    The only thing that should be in our lungs is clean air. That in and of itself is nearly impossible to come by in our society. Most of us in this forum have used vaping to quit smoking cigarettes, which is wonderful. Some members have actually been able to quit both, and that's ideal too. But to have never done either is the best idea.

Jimi, MyMagicMist, IronSky and 5 others like this.
  3. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Vapes cannot be smoked, they are not combustible like cigarettes. They create vapor hence the new verb: vaping

Jimi and The Cromwell like this.
  4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Depends on the state /locality FL can charge a minor with just possessing a vape device.
    it is the only one I know of but probably not the only one.
    Since I am old I do not concern myself with that aspect of vaping.
    Brainz iz too full now.

In KY minors attempting to buy tobacco products can be charged but are usually not.

Jimi and MyMagicMist like this.
  5. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I recall in VA in 1985 at age 13, I could legally buy and use cigarettes. Of course, Richmond at one time being a Philip Morris company town I suppose law enforcement was offered a bit for being so lax. Shop and store owners figured it wasn't worth a hassle to some kid, or themselves to deny purchases. "If you're man/woman enough to come to the counter and ask for 'em, you damn well can smoke 'em," seemed the prevailing attitude.

A shop hassle a kid about cigarettes? That kid's dad, mom and another twenty families stop any business at that shop. Faced with that immediate loss of revenue the shops often bit the bullet and paid a $500 fine if they were caught. What the Hell? They had money rolling in hand over fist. People never argue, consider morals, ethics if money is coming in. Always an easy blind eye if there's money. Big Tobacco is money.

Wow, that's been forever ago. As to the question of kids now using vaping products? I agree with @Teresa P, @JuicyLucy , and suspect the sentiment of @The Cromwell is in agreement as well.

Jimi likes this.
  6. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Whats with the weird link in the end of the OP post. I think this thread is clickbait.

7. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Did not click on link but I will take your word for it.

8. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    My thought on underage vaping...
    If it keeps them off of cigs I have no big problem with it. Would rather they did neither but understand the young....
    But if the law does then that is their problem since they have the same legal issues with underage smoking/vaping.

9. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Its a person shilling for clicks on some review site.

10. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Report it, get the thread pulled.

11. Daniellife

Daniellife New Member

Blog Posts:
    It is simply harmful to the child’s body.

12. lordmage

lordmage Joined The Crusade - it's PG/VG, not VG/PG!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    most states rolled vapes into the clean indoor air act and other tobacco restrictions they did in mine anyway so if you can not legal smoke your not legally allowed to vape

The Cromwell likes this.
  13. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I can appreciate the words here, for quite a few reason I could discuss in public, refrain from doing so as I admit my own ignorance of all facts. I stipulate though words here in your post in particular seem to bolster my opinion and speculation regarding what is legal may not be lawful, and vice versa. Please excuse me, will not say any further on it, IANAL/A.