Become a Patron!
Just wanted to say hi to forum-members and introduce myself to you guys.
As you probably found out by my username and post, i'm from Norway.

The laws on vaping are really screwed up in my country, it is allowed to own and use a mod, but selling ejuice with nicotine is illegal but luckily i have made some friends that makes and sell their own ejuice(damn good juice i might add)

Soon, in may our government are going to vote on banning e-cigs and this scares the crap out of me..
If this ban goes through it will cause lots of unecessary problems for a lot of people that finally have found a way to quit smoking.
I was a smoker myself for about 25 years and tried quitting several times over the years but was never succesful.
Then my brother gave me this Kanger Ewod e-cig and i'm proud to say i have been tobacco-free for over a year now.
Ofcourse I had to upgrade to a differerent mod after a little while, but i saved so much money on not buying cigarettes or tobacco so that was no problem.
The tobacco companies are bleeding cash and in usual tradition, they hire their own "experts" to condemn the e-cig, when all other studies show they are practically harmless compared to cigarettes.

I'm terrified this ban will go through, i really don't want to be a smoker again.
However, if we get this ban we will still be able to get both mods and ejuice by ordering from another country.
I don't wanna break the law but this ban is so ridicolous with all the knowledge we have on e-cigs today this shouldn't even be an issue.
Money rules... I can only hope this ban get's cancelled, but I doubt that will happen.

Didn't mean to make my first post here a "whiny" one, i'm just afraid the goverment will ban the product that most likely added years to my life.

Anyways, i am honored to be a member of this forum and i will probably ask you guys for advice about vape-products i will buy in the future.
Right now i'm waiting for my Wismec-mod to arrive in the mailbox, it will be a huge step up from the Istick Pico i am using now.
The Pico is a powerful little mod, but the Melo III-tank that came with the set was garbage, so i'm using the Uwell Crown-tank which is beatiful<3

One question, though: If i wanna vape on 100 watts or above, which tank should I buy? Need tips for a tank that takes high wattage and produces great flavour and clouds.

Feel free to email me on: removed by staff

Thank You and greetings from Viggo, the norwegian (troubled) vaper;)

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you:)
I think i will use this forum a lot, we don't have anything like this where i'm from.
Just a few groups on Facebook, but this looks much more informative.
Very informative and friendly place to be. We do have a few asshats like anywhere but for the most part everyone is very helpful and its a great place to hang out. I enjoy the sales area, contests and some of the vendors threads but also play around in the other areas to. The mods are always there if you need help also :)

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi and welcome. Good luck as well. The ANTZ are trying to ban it here, too, or regulate it, which is the same thing.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Nor and welcome to V/U it is sad that a government cares more of money than it's people, you see it all the time. I'd just vape on and to hell with their laws. Lots of friendly and helpful folks here that are glad to answer any questions you might have. Enjoy the forum!!!!:cool:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would stock up on DIY supplies. Knowing Europe and the general nanny state politics and politicians in play, I think you need to get prepared for the government to put a ban in place. Get as much nic base as you can afford for the future and keep it in the freezer. Learn to DIY. That may be your only option going forward.

Big Tobacco has it's claws in most governments. Money talks and politicians are willing to listen, as long as they get some under the table cash, or perks from shell companies, or political groups associated (but never disclosed) with Big Tobacco.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One question, though: If i wanna vape on 100 watts or above, which tank should I buy? Need tips for a tank that takes high wattage and produces great flavour and clouds.

At that wattage level, you will need a rebuildable tank, probably using Clapton or Alien coils. The Aromamizer Supreme or Boreas are worth a look. I build my tanks so 75-85 watts is sufficient for generating massive flavorful clouds. If you are new to rebuilding, we can help you out. The basics such as understanding Ohm's Law are still needed along with a decent Ohm Meter to check your builds for safety, and of course a decent rebuilding kit with wire, cutters, ceramic tip tweezers, Et Cetera.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to say hi to forum-members and introduce myself to you guys.
As you probably found out by my username and post, i'm from Norway.

The laws on vaping are really screwed up in my country, it is allowed to own and use a mod, but selling ejuice with nicotine is illegal but luckily i have made some friends that makes and sell their own ejuice(damn good juice i might add)

Soon, in may our government are going to vote on banning e-cigs and this scares the crap out of me..
If this ban goes through it will cause lots of unecessary problems for a lot of people that finally have found a way to quit smoking.
I was a smoker myself for about 25 years and tried quitting several times over the years but was never succesful.
Then my brother gave me this Kanger Ewod e-cig and i'm proud to say i have been tobacco-free for over a year now.
Ofcourse I had to upgrade to a differerent mod after a little while, but i saved so much money on not buying cigarettes or tobacco so that was no problem.
The tobacco companies are bleeding cash and in usual tradition, they hire their own "experts" to condemn the e-cig, when all other studies show they are practically harmless compared to cigarettes.

I'm terrified this ban will go through, i really don't want to be a smoker again.
However, if we get this ban we will still be able to get both mods and ejuice by ordering from another country.
I don't wanna break the law but this ban is so ridicolous with all the knowledge we have on e-cigs today this shouldn't even be an issue.
Money rules... I can only hope this ban get's cancelled, but I doubt that will happen.

Didn't mean to make my first post here a "whiny" one, i'm just afraid the goverment will ban the product that most likely added years to my life.

Anyways, i am honored to be a member of this forum and i will probably ask you guys for advice about vape-products i will buy in the future.
Right now i'm waiting for my Wismec-mod to arrive in the mailbox, it will be a huge step up from the Istick Pico i am using now.
The Pico is a powerful little mod, but the Melo III-tank that came with the set was garbage, so i'm using the Uwell Crown-tank which is beatiful<3

Feel free to email me on: removed by staff

Thank You and greetings from Viggo, the norwegian (troubled) vaper;)
SWEEEEEEEEEET! A NORWEGIAN,,,,,,i have met many Norwegians and still stay in contact with them... i call them my crazy norwegians,, i even went online to learn to speak a bit,,,(thats a lie,, i went online so i could know what they were saying to each other in front of me,,, out of the blue one day,, i said one of them had chicken legs in norwegian,,,,,,,,,,,they all turned shocked and said,,,,,,,,,,what did you say???? i said,, you heard me, the Captain has chicken legs (again in norwegian) they died laughing lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have forgotten most if not all of it,, but i am interested in trying again to learn the language.

At that wattage level, you will need a rebuildable tank, probably using Clapton or Alien coils. The Aromamizer Supreme or Boreas are worth a look. I build my tanks so 75-85 watts is sufficient for generating massive flavorful clouds. If you are new to rebuilding, we can help you out. The basics such as understanding Ohm's Law are still needed along with a decent Ohm Meter to check your builds for safety, and of course a decent rebuilding kit with wire, cutters, ceramic tip tweezers, Et Cetera.

Thanks for the reply Zamazam:)
I ended up with a Uwell Crown tank for my mod, but it was really thirsty compared to my other tanks. Still the best sub-ohm tank i've tried so far. But:
It said the 0,25 coils could take as much as 120 watt, but it killed all the flavours in the juice when i cranked it up to over 100W. Found a sweetspot on 80 watts and the flavours are amazing.
Right now i'm vaping 70/30vg/pg, and it works perfectly on the Crown-tank, but i really want to try the Goose Juice that has 100vg.
Do i need some other tank for this juice as it is thicker?
Never tried goose juice so i want to see for myself what all the hype's about:)

SWEEEEEEEEEET! A NORWEGIAN,,,,,,i have met many Norwegians and still stay in contact with them... i call them my crazy norwegians,, i even went online to learn to speak a bit,,,(thats a lie,, i went online so i could know what they were saying to each other in front of me,,, out of the blue one day,, i said one of them had chicken legs in norwegian,,,,,,,,,,,they all turned shocked and said,,,,,,,,,,what did you say???? i said,, you heard me, the Captain has chicken legs (again in norwegian) they died laughing lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have forgotten most if not all of it,, but i am interested in trying again to learn the language.

Hey kross8 :)
Hahaha, i bet they were shocked when you suddenly spoke in norwegian:-D
They probably didn't expect that at all.
Nice to make your acquiantance:D

Greetings from Narvik

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's the downside of pre-built coils at high watts, flavor diminishes. You can try the max vg in the crown, but the same wattage limitations will happen. I use max vg in mine and it wicks OK, but I don't go above 80 watts, like what you are doing. You can always get an inexpensive dripper to try flavors out, cheaper than buying coils if you don't like the flavor.

High wattage tanks use a lot of juice. Welcome to the obsession. :D

Thank you for a quick answer, Zamazam.
I read on a different forum that some people pokes holes in the cotton with a needle when they use 100vg, but coils are so damn expensive in Norway(4-6$ pr. coil) so i'm a bit reluctant to do that.
Letting it soak for a little while longer should do the trick, i hope.

Btw, what do you guys think about re-using coils?
I saw a video yesterday from Vapingheathen on Youtube, he claimed that coils can be cleaned and used over again.
I think i'll stick to buying new coils instead.
And you're absolutely correct!
This has become somewhat of an obsession:shades:
But so was my smoking, i quit smoking tobacco little over a year ago and that was probably the best decision i ever made.

50 grams of tobacco costs well over 20 dollars over here, it's crazy!

I'm just glad my brother introduced me to real vaping, i tried those fake ass e-cigs that looks like a cigarette but that was a total waste of money.

Have a great week, Zamazam:tunez:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can soak the coils in high proof vodka overnight, agitate them a few times then rinse in hot water and let them dry. It will extend the life of the coil by a few weeks. Considering the prices in Norway, you might want to give some thought on getting a rebuildable tank such as the Griffin or Aromamizer. The cost will be up front and then all you need is Kanthal or SS wire and good cotton for wicking. Food for thought anyway.....

You can soak the coils in high proof vodka overnight, agitate them a few times then rinse in hot water and let them dry. It will extend the life of the coil by a few weeks. Considering the prices in Norway, you might want to give some thought on getting a rebuildable tank such as the Griffin or Aromamizer. The cost will be up front and then all you need is Kanthal or SS wire and good cotton for wicking. Food for thought anyway.....

You have some good points there. I've actually been drooling over the Griffin for a while now but i need to do some studying first in building coils and wicking cotton. I'm a total noob when it comes to rda's.

Glad there's a ton of educational videos on coil building and such on you tube:)
Will also try out soaking some of my used coils in vodka so thanks again for some good tips:)

Have a great weekend everybody:cheers:

VU Sponsors