Become a Patron!

Vaping is not as enjoyable.

A little background, I did not used to smoke cigs nor anything really. I tried my buddies who had some just with nicotine in it and I liked it. So I went out and bought an IPV2 and a tugboat clone by tobeco. I put it together and I just get a sever throat hit. Which makes me cough. I have tried other peoples vapes and this doesn't happen. I am using no nicotine in my juice. I'm wondering if anyone else is encountered this, or if anyone may have a solution.

Thanks,
Brady

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what e liquid are you using and what is the pg/vg ratio in it? I have come across a few apple flavors that kick my ass. Also, what is your coils ohms? And what are you using for the wick in it?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you need to build higher ohm coils and use a higher VG juice

100% VG and 2.0 ohm coils and you should be good.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
again though, what are you using for wicking?

what e liquid are you using and what is the pg/vg ratio in it? I have come across a few apple flavors that kick my ass. Also, what is your coils ohms? And what are you using for the wick in it?
I don't really know what the pg/vg ratio is. I bought them from vapegod. My coils are 28g kanthal, usually just a micro coil build.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You should get yourself an ohm meter, then make sure your coils can be handled by your device. Start with 1.5 to 2.0 to begin with (your device can handle .2 to 3.0) on them and you should buy e liquid that has a clear marking to what its ratio is. You can try a VG max juice, since you are dripping. You need to make sure you are using an organic cotton wick or correctly prepared wicking, some wick needs to be boiled first or treated with heat.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was your buddy using an IPV2/RDA as well? Perhaps your setup just produces way more power?

Also, were you vaping the same juice?

Oh, and welcome to The Underground! :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vapegod uses distilled water in their juices, which can make them hot. They also don't have a 50/50 pg/vg mix, they appear they enjoy higher pg, more throat hit.

Yeah, I am using organic cotton which I boiled. I am using no nicotine because I don't need the nicotine, I just enjoyed vamping by buddies vape. He did not have an ipv2 under a tugboat but I will try new juice

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe vaping may not be for you, as a non smoker, your not needing the nic. (Just a thought)
he vapes zero nicotine.. ( i had to read OP again because i was going to say the same thing lol)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I cant believe Im going to say this....but give Virgin Vapers a try, they make max VG and you can get 0 nic from them, they have a pretty good track record.
Will do, thanks man. I actually used to do smokeless tobacco. (Dip) so I want to work but up to nicotine because I enjoy the feeling but thanks you, I hope that will work.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You don't say what resistance your coil is at, the IPV2 will tell you. You also don't mention what wattage you are using. First suggestion would be to just turn it down until you reach a level you are comfortable with. The IPV2 outputs a minimum of 3.6v, if that doesn't work try wrapping your coils with a higher resistance. Also be sure that whatever the resistance that the coil is heating evenly starting from the center out to the ends. Uneven heating means a hot spot and those will give a very harsh vape. High VG juice will cool down the vape to a degree. The point of a high power regulated device is that you don't have to build very low ohm coils to provide wattage, you can simply turn it up.
The orientation of the coil(s) to the airflow on your dripper can affect harshness as well. The coil(s) should be at a level with and directly in line with the airhole(s).

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also the drip tip you are using will cause a hotter or cooler vape by how it is focusing the vapor.
My ming cranks the flavor but restricts the vapor, my wide bore cools it and mutes the flavor but increases airflow and helps with cloud chucking.

Mtlblade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
it could be as simple as the position of the coil. make sure it is lined up with the air holes on the top cap. sometimes you have to raise up or down to get them right

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope you get it sorted Brady because you spent a nice piece of change for a first vape. Good luck and I hope you find enjoyment again soon. :)

Diesel Weasel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never smoked and I vape 0 nic as well. I use it to curb cravings and help with weight loss (100 lbs since I started, no other changes!). I watch Joe's blog like a hawk for cheap juice deals. Every time I see something I like I grab as many samples as I can. Yeah there's a lot misses, but I've gotten some major hits. Recently I finally went and bought 3 bottles from Insane Eliquid: Stripper Cake, Table Dancer, and Sinful Cider. They are the best juices I have tasted yet. I haven't put my Panzer/Black Kayfun with Stripper Cake down! Learning how to get the build just right is a major part of flavor. I spent 3 hours fiddling with my Black Kayfun when it arrived to get the build right. I'm SOOOOO happy with it now. I have a Taurus with a quick simple dual coil in it with the Cider and as long as the wick is wet it is the most amazing flavor I've experienced.

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Stripper Cake, Table Dancer, and Sinful Cider..." There's a pattern here.....

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I am using organic cotton which I boiled...
don't wanna start a toy'n'prams war or anything lol but i think boiling cotton will just ruin it's texture. some manufacturers actually state to not boil their cotton for this reason. there are other issues as well for not boiling it

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
we vaped bathroom towel once - boiled that first :D

(note to self: mustn't keep telling that story)

Dern towel mouth...

P1010266.JPG

ChaseCorp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
dont get me started with the 100% VG holiness....that is not something everyone agrees with. Higher PG can lead to more of a throat hit, but 50/50 pg vg is a great balance.
I do personally like "MAX VG" blends like 98% VG but I have to agree that the PG/VG balance is really a personal preference thing. I suggest you try all different mixes and find what ratio is best for you.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do personally like "MAX VG" blends like 98% VG but I have to agree that the PG/VG balance is really a personal preference thing. I suggest you try all different mixes and find what ratio is best for you.
these days i fill it with 60% vg, then add a 20% pg based flavour and 10% nic pg based. that gives me 10% extra to play around with to get things as i want it. so really i don't need to buy pg on it's own anymore

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
dont get me started with the 100% VG holiness....that is not something everyone agrees with. Higher PG can lead to more of a throat hit, but 50/50 pg vg is a great balance.

You you can try a VG max juice

Make up your fucking mind. You don't have to agree AND disagree ........or answer every post.
Go spend some time with your kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think there's a contradiction there. I think CF's point can be well taken. I personally vape a 50/50 juice by preference. I know that the push towards high VG content in juice is actually something that a lot of folks do. Vape what you like, it's all good!

B-RAD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are your coils too close to the lip of your tray or cap. Can cause a horrible dry hit taste. Is your clone solid stainless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I never smoked and I vape 0 nic as well. I use it to curb cravings and help with weight loss (100 lbs since I started, no other changes!). I watch Joe's blog like a hawk for cheap juice deals. Every time I see something I like I grab as many samples as I can. Yeah there's a lot misses, but I've gotten some major hits. Recently I finally went and bought 3 bottles from Insane Eliquid: Stripper Cake, Table Dancer, and Sinful Cider. They are the best juices I have tasted yet. I haven't put my Panzer/Black Kayfun with Stripper Cake down! Learning how to get the build just right is a major part of flavor. I spent 3 hours fiddling with my Black Kayfun when it arrived to get the build right. I'm SOOOOO happy with it now. I have a Taurus with a quick simple dual coil in it with the Cider and as long as the wick is wet it is the most amazing flavor I've experienced.
... Stripper cake ?

hi all wounder if any 1 can help me.iam still pretty new to vaping but what to upgrade from my pen verable mod to the vtr is this a gud move or is there better out there.i want more vape and more taste and still want a gud hit any advice would be great

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my VTR... just be aware that most rebuildables will not fit within the guard. An Aerotank will fit (not a Mega or giant) & a mini Nauti should. It's a sturdy & very HEFTY mod. Mine hasn't given me a second of trouble.

cheers for the reply do they use single or duel coils becuse at the moment i make my own and only know how to build single micro coils for mini pro tank

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell's Bells.... I had to look. The Aeros take dual coils (but I rebuild all mine with single & they work just as well IMO).

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hi all wounder if any 1 can help me.iam still pretty new to vaping but what to upgrade from my pen verable mod to the vtr is this a gud move or is there better out there.i want more vape and more taste and still want a gud hit any advice would be great

I own a VTR and really like it. Mommay is correct, with that tank guard inplace you are limited to smaller tanks and RBA's like the Taifun GS.
I mount a Nautilus Mini in mine and am very pleased with it.

Vapor Joes, is currently running an awesome deal on the VTR.

I own a VTR and really like it. Mommay is correct, with that tank guard inplace you are limited to smaller tanks and RBA's like the Taifun GS.
I mount a Nautilus Mini in mine and am very pleased with it.

Vapor Joes, is currently running an awesome deal on the VTR.
cheers for reply need to get missis on side cos its alot of money but the amount i have spent on battiers is un real because i keep breaking them in my pocket so hopefully have it ordered by end of week thanks again for all your advice

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
cheers for reply need to get missis on side cos its alot of money but the amount i have spent on battiers is un real because i keep breaking them in my pocket so hopefully have it ordered by end of week thanks again for all your advice

Double check what batteries the VTR will accept, I'm using button topped 18650 vtc4's.

VU Sponsors