Become a Patron!

Vaping on my trip to Disneyland in California

I went on my first mini vacation in a long while. I decided to fly from Miami to Anaheim California to spend some quality time with my daughter. I took my 65watt mod with a dripper and an RTA. When I arrived at the MIA airport I decided to take a few hits away from people and it all seemed ok. I read on a website that it was ok to vape in the MIA terminal though I never asked at the airport. On the plane in my seat I didn't vape. I was tempted in the restroom but I heard the vapor can trigger the smoke alarm so no I didn't. No problem so far. The problems occurred in Disneyland and LAX and Hartfield in Atlanta on my way back. Disneyland prohibits vaping anywhere except for regular smoking designated areas that are few and very far apart within the park. This really sucked! Well I did my best to not cause problems. In LAX and Hartfield Atlanta airports it was the same thing, I could only vape in small enclosed smelly rooms with all the other analog smokers. This was horrible! I would go in and walk out smelling like an ashtray even though I didn't smoke. I just cant understand why I have to do this? I am doing something to make sure I don't hurt myself as well as the people around me but I still get thrown into the pits with the tobacco smokers. There needs to be a push for knowledge on second hand vapor. The public needs to know that they are not in danger. Instead of demonizing us they should first know what is going on. We need more education for the public. Time is our only hope as far as I can see.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went on my first mini vacation in a long while. I decided to fly from Miami to Anaheim California to spend some quality time with my daughter. I took my 65watt mod with a dripper and an RTA. When I arrived at the MIA airport I decided to take a few hits away from people and it all seemed ok. I read on a website that it was ok to vape in the MIA terminal though I never asked at the airport. On the plane in my seat I didn't vape. I was tempted in the restroom but I heard the vapor can trigger the smoke alarm so no I didn't. No problem so far. The problems occurred in Disneyland and LAX and Hartfield in Atlanta on my way back. Disneyland prohibits vaping anywhere except for regular smoking designated areas that are few and very far apart within the park. This really sucked! Well I did my best to not cause problems. In LAX and Hartfield Atlanta airports it was the same thing, I could only vape in small enclosed smelly rooms with all the other analog smokers. This was horrible! I would go in and walk out smelling like an ashtray even though I didn't smoke. I just cant understand why I have to do this? I am doing something to make sure I don't hurt myself as well as the people around me but I still get thrown into the pits with the tobacco smokers. There needs to be a push for knowledge on second hand vapor. The public needs to know that they are not in danger. Instead of demonizing us they should first know what is going on. We need more education for the public. Time is our only hope as far as I can see.
I vape, and I like vaping... but I still wouldnt want my kids walking through clouds of vapor at disneyland. Maybe try some gum or snus for those times you dont feel like hanging out with thr stinky people.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape, and I like vaping... but I still wouldnt want my kids walking through clouds of vapor at disneyland. Maybe try some gum or snus for those times you dont feel like hanging out with thr stinky people.
This is why I hang onto a couple of my old mini Ego batteries - pair 'em with some Evod clearos filled with high-nic juice. Vapor production is so poor if you hold your toke in for 3-4 seconds you'll exhale basically nothing, and with the higher nic you'll have less of a need to take stealth rips, conserving battery life at the same time.

Disney wasn't so much of an issue except for only 3-4 locations in the whole park. I agree, walking around leaving a cloud trail is wrong. My issue is the case of having to vape in the same room with the analog smokers at the airports. I wish they could separate us. Maybe in the future.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is why I hang onto a couple of my old mini Ego batteries - pair 'em with some Evod clearos filled with high-nic juice. Vapor production is so poor if you hold your toke in for 3-4 seconds you'll exhale basically nothing, and with the higher nic you'll have less of a need to take stealth rips, conserving battery life at the same time.
What people dont know, wont hurt them. O:)

Disney wasn't so much of an issue except for only 3-4 locations in the whole park. I agree, walking around leaving a cloud trail is wrong. My issue is the case of having to vape in the same room with the analog smokers at the airports. I wish they could separate us. Maybe in the future.
Good stuff my friend. I will definitely try that next time!

VU Sponsors