kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
since i started vaping 18 months or so ago, i really haven't had many occasions to use public transportation. but yesterday i boarded an amtrak train for a short day trip. i was taking a few last minute puffs as i waited to board, and the conductor saw my mod in my hand. he looked at me and said "what is that?" i told him it was an ecig, and he shook his head and said "those aren't allowed on here".

i said ok and promptly placed it in my purse. but i did stealth vape during the train ride. what would they do if they caught me....dump me off?

anyway, does anyone have stories of vaping while on planes, trains, buses, taxis, cruise ships, etc?

TowerOfVape

RISH of Passage
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
I had an e-roll kit in my shirt pocket on a plane from NY to Las Vegas last year when I attended Vegas VapeFest. Nothing like "looking down" toward the floor or "looking out the window" and getting in a few hits. Speaking of which: You'll need a window seat on the left side of the plane. The shirt pocket is usually on the left side of your shift: It wouldn't work on the right-side of the plane without looking awkward.

imageview.php

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Really large hands and a sense of timing really helps.

I once used my SVD to vape during a 3 hour long graduation ceremony without being noticed

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can't you just duck into the toilet closet? That's what I plan to do on the Greyhound bus next week to avoid any chance of looking obnoxious.. Years ago this woman on one of Greyhound trips vaped all the way from NYC to Boston and she just looked so crazy that it really put me off the whole E-cig idea for a while.. (Well, her and then also the shitty gear an ex-friend had me try from Volcano E-cigs. But I guess that's another story for another time.)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Can't you just duck into the toilet closet? That's what I plan to do on the Greyhound bus next week to avoid any chance of looking obnoxious.. Years ago this woman on one of Greyhound trips vaped all the way from NYC to Boston and she just looked so crazy that it really put me off the whole E-cig idea for a while.. (Well, her and then also the shitty gear an ex-friend had me try from Volcano E-cigs. But I guess that's another story for another time.)

Ask yourself,

How much time do you actually want to spend in the toilet closet on a Greyhound bus?

Embrace the spirit of the Crazy Lady, and board the bus along with your imaginary friend and have a lively chat with him/her/it while the bus is being boarded.

If there is one empty seat on the bus, it will be the one beside you.

It could also be helpful if you can find a B&M and pick up a couple of cheap 510 stick batteries and some carto's and use those.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ask yourself,

How much time do you actually want to spend in the toilet closet on a Greyhound bus?

Embrace the spirit of the Crazy Lady, and board the bus along with your imaginary friend and have a lively chat with him/her/it while the bus is being boarded.

If there is one empty seat on the bus, it will be the one beside you.

It could also be helpful if you can find a B&M and pick up a couple of cheap 510 stick batteries and some carto's and use those.
I get what you're saying. But I go from NJ to ME (or the other way around) every few weeks. That stretch from NYC to Boston (and again, or the other way around haha) is a doozie. There's usually no stopping (unless we lucked out with a driver that smoked, and even then only ONE stop), so when I was on analogs I had NO CHOICE but to just sit in my seat having a nic fit. There was no option to duck into the toilet closet for a hit unless I wanted to be removed from the bus and probably pay a fine. Alas, I lived.

But now, a couple times when I have to pee anyway, I'll also be able to vape a bit. #winning

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
some people can't enjoy vaping without blowing huge clouds of vapor. fortunately i am not one of those. i don't have huge hands, but i have learned to inhale twice and hold it long enough that very little vapor comes out upon exhale. if you haven't tried it, do. really handy for stealth vaping. :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
some people can't enjoy vaping without blowing huge clouds of vapor. fortunately i am not one of those. i don't have huge hands, but i have learned to inhale twice and hold it long enough that very little vapor comes out upon exhale. if you haven't tried it, do. really handy for stealth vaping. :)

I totally agree with you Miss Kelli!

Flavor and Throat Hit first.

Clouds for when you are at home or among vaping friends.

Crennan_Baker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Went to Denver recently with my wife for our anniversary. While at the airport: blew clouds, no one said anything. On the plane: blew clouds into the top of my shirt, no one said anything. On PT while in Denver: No one said anything BUT did get a lot of funny looks while on the street and PT.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never tried it, But a small 510 battery and carto would work. Something like my vaporshark.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We can generally get away with it here so long as we're discreet and don't flaunt it. But there were three tourists in Café Nero who were sitting there waving their egos around and blowing smoke into the air obliviously chatting away. I knew the manager would stop them and he did and now it's banned. If you're discreet and have a high pg ratio and don't flaunt it anywhere you go you should be fine

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
E-roll all the way. High PG, High Nic. I vape it at airports, on trains, in long lines, on airplanes and anywhere else you can think of that it's "inappropriate". Nobody ever notices. Combined with the other tricks mentioned, short hits, holding it in, inhaling extra air etc. E-roll is great because it's the smallest 3.7v out there and has a nice little tank for filling up with my custom (e-roll specific) DIY liquid.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can a small vape cloud set off the fire alarm inside a commercial airplane restroom?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can a small vape cloud set off the fire alarm inside a commercial airplane restroom?
I has my smoke alas tested recently as they'd been going off a lot lol. There are two types. The one in the kitchen for example works by heat. I climbed up their step ladder and blew vapor directly into it and it never activated

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've made large vape clouds in airplane bathrooms and not set off the fire alarm :)

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've stealth vaped on four Delta flights in the last week and half. Had no problems at the Atlanta gate terminals between flights. I need nicotine not popularity.

TStorms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've stealth vaped on four Delta flights in the last week and half. Had no problems at the Atlanta gate terminals between flights. I need nicotine not popularity.

Yep, I have the tiniest little ego battery you have ever seen just for this reason.....stealth vaping on the airplane. Window seat of course. Never a problem....just use some common sense when doing it, and exhaling :)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Back a long time ago (in the days when 510s were pretty new) a vendor on ecf posted that he blew directly into the detector in a plane's bathroom and it set it off. I've vaped in plane bathrooms many a time and never set them off. But, I don't cloud chase, I take small hits, hold it in for a bit, and exhale away from the alarm. This is also why I pick a seat on the aisle, in the back row of the plane, near the bathroom. ;) Others on the plane probably think I have incontinence issues *laf*

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
are bus toilets as gross as i have always imagined they are? never got the courage up to use one.
backing_out_smiley.gif

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
are bus toilets as gross as i have always imagined they are? never got the courage up to use one.
backing_out_smiley.gif
Last time I was one on, the smell wasn't the best. Same goes with trains.
th_GROSS.gif

TStorms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Reporting live from a Greyhound bus toilet closet! :p

ametezyh.jpg

u6a9ygyj.jpg

Ahhh, this is the life. I wonder what the poor people are doing?

Epic!!! Us vaper's gotta do what we gotta do :) Vape on!

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
backing_out_smiley.gif
It's always a gamble, there's no tellin'. The bus I was on earlier (in the pics) was immaculate and clean. The bus I'm on now, I'd give it a B-.
I've been on some buses before where I've gone in and the floor was a puddle of piss and the smell coulda knocked a buzzard off a shit wagon.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's always a gamble, there's no tellin'. The bus I was on earlier (in the pics) was immaculate and clean. The bus I'm on now, I'd give it a B-.
I've been on some buses before where I've gone in and the floor was a puddle of piss and the smell coulda knocked a buzzard off a shit wagon.

so basically a gas station loo on wheels. :p

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-29_14-13-17.jpeg
    upload_2014-7-29_14-13-17.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 2

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes if it's a really curvy road or the bus has shitty brakes, you can hear the toilet splish splash sloshing away the entire trip. :p

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just returned from Milwaukee and I'm happy to report that WI is a vapor friendly state. You can basically vape where ever you want indoors and out!! When I was at the airport I asked TSA and the Sheriffs office if they allowed electronic cigarette use inside the airport. They looked at me funny, and said "it's not smoke, it's vapor, you can do that where ever you want" (with an everybody knows that tone). I had 3 hours til my flight and proceeded to respectfully vape it up at the airport bar, in the security line, all the way up until I boarded the plane. Nobody looked at me twice.

My flight was at night, the person next to me was sleeping and the lights were off. I quietly vaped in my window seat the whole flight home.

YES it will!!! It did on me and I had to hit the button after two beeps then it turned off. Nobody came to see me though so I just went to my seat and sat down. Scared the crap out of me! lol

Hartfield Atlanta airport prohibits vaping in the terminal. I found out quickly. Had to suffer in the stinky disgusting smoke box rooms!

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hartfield Atlanta airport prohibits vaping in the terminal. I found out quickly. Had to suffer in the stinky disgusting smoke box rooms!
Prohibit, yes they do. But stealth vaping is going on everywhere. I sat in the corner in different areas of that terminal and stealth vaped without problems.

Prohibit, yes they do. But stealth vaping is going on everywhere. I sat in the corner in different areas of that terminal and stealth vaped without problems.
Yes I'm sure it does. As someone else said I'm going to buy a small low vapor carto to use with PG and high nic for stealthing in the future. Great idea!

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YES it will!!! It did on me and I had to hit the button after two beeps then it turned off. Nobody came to see me though so I just went to my seat and sat down. Scared the crap out of me! lol

Damn... That's strange. How big was the cloud? I stealth vape in my seat every time, but I've gone into the restroom to vape at least once per flight on the last 6 flights I was on. I take decent hits, and blow them down along the front of my shirt. The detectors are on the ceiling. My clouds are fully dissipated by the time that they reach the ceiling.

Same here. I usually just vape while I am walking. I'll take a puff, hold it for a bit, and then exhale really slow. No one sees anything. I did have 1 woman say something to me in a grocery store one evening. She saw me inhale and then exhale a very light whisp of vape. She looked at me and said, "You can't smoke in here.". I looked at her and took a big hit. I held it for 30 seconds while staring her right in the eye. When I exhaled and nothing came out, I said, "So how about inhaling. Do they allow that here?" - and walked away.

Damn... That's strange. How big was the cloud? I stealth vape in my seat every time, but I've gone into the restroom to vape at least once per flight on the last 6 flights I was on. I take decent hits, and blow them down along the front of my shirt. The detectors are on the ceiling. My clouds are fully dissipated by the time that they reach the ceiling.

Same here. I usually just vape while I am walking. I'll take a puff, hold it for a bit, and then exhale really slow. No one sees anything. I did have 1 woman say something to me in a grocery store one evening. She saw me inhale and then exhale a very light whisp of vape. She looked at me and said, "You can't smoke in here.". I looked at her and took a big hit. I held it for 30 seconds while staring her right in the eye. When I exhaled and nothing came out, I said, "So how about inhaling. Do they allow that here?" - and walked away.
MD_boater the cloud wasn't that big. The detecter actually looked like your regular home round type. I actually didn't believe it at first when it beeped twice, then out of instinct I just pushed the first button I saw on it. Thank God it instantly turned off. I didn't explain the whole story....after I hit the button not 5 seconds later someone knocked on the door. I freaked out even more. When I opened the door it was a little 8 year old girl!!! lol oh my! I just went straight to my seat. Nobody even looked at me or said anything. What a trip!

PS I just blew into my detector in my apartment and it went off!!! lol

Last edited:

VU Sponsors