Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
4257784_d39fe.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Need to go make some coffee, have a cup, look at news. Rest of day is fairly mundane, routine. Damn, there went any joy.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Need to go make some coffee, have a cup, look at news. Rest of day is fairly mundane, routine. Damn, there went any joy.

How did you make out with the Doctor yesterday? My day started before I had my 1st cup of coffee this morning~! Never received confirmation for a phone conference call but I did say 1st thing in the AM worked for me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How did you make out with the Doctor yesterday?

It was just a nurse. She nicked a vein I think. Got my testosterone injection despite that. Later then, spoke with the mental health therapist. She agrees with me on some things. Still thinks I'm her sanest crazy & likely the sanity is making me crazy. I understand I likely would be better served being insane, I'm stubborn though. :)

In as far as my mental health goes, think I'm doing alright except for finding enjoyment. Joy eludes me. I think however that is congenial in part due to the medical issue requiring me to take testosterone. That and possibly life is not always a bowl of happiness and joy, for anyone.

I have my small joys though. I love a wife and dog that love me back. I do not mistreat any of the three, my dog, my wife, our love. I don't use any illicit drugs or drink to excess. I generally remain in a calm state with very little to anger me. Yes, I get passionate at times. I'm also learning to check my emotions though and use care in presentation / speaking / communication.

I had scribbled more here. Thought better of it though. People perceive things in a horde of different ways. I prefer to not give them any possible ammunition, or satisfaction. There's the checking myself & being mindful. :)

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had scribbled more here. Thought better of it though. People perceive things in a horde of different ways. I prefer to not give them any possible ammunition, or satisfaction. There's the checking myself & being mindful. :)

Well here on the porch you can be yourself my friend~! Don't ever worry if you need to vent or rant. Really has never been any animosity on the porches and I hope to keep it that way. As long as everyone remains friendly, fun and courteous we can still bust balls~! LMAO

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well here on the porch you can be yourself my friend~! Don't ever worry if you need to vent or rant. Really has never been any animosity on the porches and I hope to keep it that way. As long as everyone remains friendly, fun and courteous we can still bust balls~! LMAO

Not so much that as just realizing any attempt from me to give reassurance regarding my mental health would fail. I know that I'm alright and nothing in my mental health would prohibit say me buying firearms. I also know too that if I required any firearm, I could have one simply for asking.

Not that I'm actually having any desire for such action at this time. Yeah, see now how it winds up failing? Even being oneself is kind of pointless, when one has to self edit in such a manner as to even doubt oneself.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just sit back and have a Vape, Iced Tea, Coffee or a Glass of Wine on the porch and relax. One thing to remember just be yourself and feel free to chat about life's ups and downs.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wine? Sorry, never have developed a taste for wine. I might like a double twenty year old malt Scotch, no rocks. I could set and swig on that for quite a little while, have something for supper.

Think the biggest concern right now is something which might not happen. A possibility for it exists but we might actually figure out how to meet a higher rent, until we do find our home. That though is also kind of off in the haze. We can see it, taste it ... the getting from A to B though is the "interesting times".

I'm also thinking I need to do something about our carpeted stairs here. Twice in the past week I've nearly slipped & gone down. Might need to look for some kind of contact paper backed runner to put on them. Though, suppose if I take my time and don't carry down a load of laundry I can manage. I go down the stairs like a creaky old man. *shaking my head*

I ought to died at fifteen years old. *chuckles* At least then I'd not have gotten this curse-able old thing folks get. Still a bit off since we've not got a lunar colony by now, and space travel costs average people millions. Right, average people and millions. *chuckles*

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Try maybe those stair ends in metal or plastic. Let me see if I can find what they are called.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is called stair nosing~!

View attachment 143793

They make Treads also in Rubber, Plastic and Metals.

Knew there was something. Will have to see if they require nailed/screwed down or not. Well piss. Need to change browser to look at Wally World.

Huh? Don't that beat all. I switched to Firefox to look at Wal Mart. The site brings up an error page. Use one of these browsers & Firefox is listed, Safari, Internet Explorer. *LOL*

I bet they don't want me looking at their site while I'm using Linux. So, fuck wal mart, I'll check elsewhere.

I can use carpet tape. Lowe's has them, either Parkersburg or Charleston. 40 miles either way.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Look at Home Depot they usually have a decent selection. If you use the rubber they can be nailed or stapled down. A few Carpet tacks will do the job.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can use carpet tap

In my Blazer GM never installed anything on the Rocker Panels so when getting in while Snow Plowing I busted my ass so many times I bought that glue back non-skid 40 grit tape. Been there for 2 years and might be wearing out my shoes faster but have not fell on my ass stepping on paint with wet or slushy feet. Wouldn't recommend it for the stairs though but there is always a solution~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@2WhiteWolves I see all your likes as you pass by to see what is going on but why don't you stop by for a cold on, be it a soft drink or a cup of coffee maybe a drink for a night cap? We have whatever you fancy~!

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@2WhiteWolves I see all your likes as you pass by to see what is going on but why don't you stop by for a cold on, be it a soft drink or a cup of coffee maybe a drink for a night cap? We have whatever you fancy~!
Thank you, Steve.
I'm worried about a friend and wouldn't be good company. But, now that you mentioned a nightcap, I certainly could have one.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, Steve.
I'm worried about a friend and wouldn't be good company. But, now that you mentioned a nightcap, I certainly could have one.

Feel free to visit the porch and vent or just get a shoulder to lean on~! The porcher's are always here to offer an open ear or just offer some advice from past experiences.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Feel free to visit the porch and vent or just get a shoulder to lean on~! The porcher's are always here to offer an open ear or just offer some advice from past experiences.
Thank you, Steve <3

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my Blazer GM never installed anything on the Rocker Panels so when getting in while Snow Plowing I busted my ass so many times I bought that glue back non-skid 40 grit tape. Been there for 2 years and might be wearing out my shoes faster but have not fell on my ass stepping on paint with wet or slushy feet. Wouldn't recommend it for the stairs though but there is always a solution~!

Being in an apartment, we're not able to use fasteners like nails or screws. Double sided carpet tape could be used with the nosing though. Of course, we might not even be able to use that either.

No worries though. We'll just use extreme care. There's a handrail and a wall opposite. Been kind of coming down stairs gorilla style, on hand on rail and other on opposing wall.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Being a Safety issue with falling the Landlord is required to do something or allow you to do it. just inform them of the issue first verbally then if need be in writing and when you fall and get hurt they get sued.

Kind of what I thought but rather avoid being hurt or needing to sue. Either one is rough to consider. Will talk it over further with wife. We'll bring it up to the property manager here. She'll then need to take it to the company owning the properties. I'm half surprised it isn't something that's already been addressed as elder and infirm folks live in their properties & they get federal funding from HUD as well. Although gee, that might explain why it's not been addressed.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With a Safety Issue any rental properties have certain Federal, State and County Compliance Regulations to abide by. I have a feeling if you were to offer to pay and perform the needed repairs or modification they would be more than willing to allow it. On the other hand with it being a safety issue they might want to do it themselves by a professional so again limiting insurance liability. Good Luck~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With a Safety Issue any rental properties have certain Federal, State and County Compliance Regulations to abide by.
Yeah, there again something I had thought as well. I think we'll get it sorted out. We got a handy man & his wife that do repairs. I'm sure if anything like that is decided to be done, they'll be the ones doing the work of it. Not that I couldn't but that piece of paper called a lease contract says us doing much of anything is a no no.

And I'm also sure the handy man crew will not mind doing the work at all. In fact they'd probably appreciate something of that nature being brought to light for other residents as well.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So almost home while driving today some dumbass decided to cut me off in his Company Vehicle because I stopped for a Stop Sign in a School Zone. Stupid MoFo should realize the Corporate number is on his truck. Sent a blow up of a screen shot of his license plate and a Video from my Dash Cam to Corporate. He is not going to get unemployment since they have a reason to fire his ass.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So almost home while driving today some dumbass decided to cut me off in his Company Vehicle because I stopped for a Stop Sign in a School Zone.

Got to love 'em.

Sent a blow up of a screen shot of his license plate and a Video from my Dash Cam to Corporate. He is not going to get unemployment since they have a reason to fire his ass.

You're far better than me. Leave it at that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning~!

If I was to retaliate that would be caught on camera and then I would be wrong.

Mornin' -- I agree that any aggressive retaliation would be wrong. You still did retaliate though via sending a report to his company. One means of retaliation is viewed as civilly correct, another isn't. I comprehend that too. It is part of why I do not drive. That and freezing out of fear presents me as being a liability. Instead of letting someone else need to be liable for me, I own the responsibility.

I can operate fork lifts, tanks, bulldozers, riding mowers, Bobcats (using their general name), various small boats, likely various small planes, other miscellaneous crafts and machinery / equipment that involve transportation in some way. I do not drive big rig trucks, or automobiles. I freeze up behind the steering wheel of these. I likely also would cause trouble in not controlling emotional / passionate responses. So, I simply do not drive as I'm aware of my flaws. I'm content being a passenger, and then I can be pointed to any of those other vehicles for work, to go to it.

My wife speculates I freeze due to automobiles being smaller. She thinks everything moves clear of the other vehicles which helps me stay confident. Not sure if she's right but it seems to make sense. :) I also kind of feel autistic if I'm in a car to drive, everything is coming in on me. This triggers claustrophobia oddly as that may sound. Yep, I'm claustrophobic. If I absolutely need to do something "professionally" or in the case of a dire "emergency", I can push myself through it. Just to go into confined spaces though, I get whiter than white and paralyzed in fear.

I realized the claustrophobia at a young age. It was something I studied by age thirteen too when I had started reading college level psychology works. I also studied about being a rainbow person. As one psychologist pointed out to me, I'm not able to be misanthropic, I "love people".

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You still did retaliate though via sending a report to his company.

I was just on the phone following up on the Screen Shot with the License Plate Blown up and receipt of the video I sent. Contemplating reporting the driver to other Authorities. I am still pissed and I would like to beat him with a Tire Iron~! But the smart way to go about it is this way.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am still pissed and I would like to beat him with a Tire Iron~!

Yay! You still got the Neanderthal in you! Welcome brother hoo man. *chuckles*

I always run into trouble if I get pissed off like that. Somebody sticks something in my hands. I shut off then, got something in my hands occupying me. I've been known though to throw things, been known to go through walls too and some might have been actual concrete. I'll not claim any formal mastery of any martial art, I have gotten plenty of "working knowledge" of way too many different styles though. There again it's knowing my flaws, never had enough self discipline to keep at any one thing.

Got to love being human.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still waiting for a call from Corporate to hear an Apology or some kind of communication. So far I have not named the company this person worked for but after I post this I am going to YouTube to see where the most viewed place to post the video from my Dash Cam is~!

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Time to do the lawn and debating if I should post the video on their FB page and post it on their Website. Kind of cooled off but not getting a phone call with an apology for their employees actions is stuck in my craw.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning?

Hurt my fucking back yesterday so took a couple of Naproxen and slathered it in Tiger Balm Red Ultra Strength. Got up and still feeling it so I have to see how I feel in a little while. :coffee:

saturday-quotes-and-images.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No Medical Claim since I hurt my back helping my 91 Year Old Dad up when he fell outside. I haven't thought about my revenge but like they say best served cold. I guess you weren't having a good morning since it is 9:15PM here.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boy today was a true Hump Day, all morning working on the PC then did some errands. Planted 2 new crops of lettuce Romaine and Butter Crunch plus Green Beans in the flats to start the seeds. Then Steam Cleaned the carpeting on the second floor which is a lot of square feet~! Had a problem with clogged nozzles for the water jets so wasted a good amount of time until I realized I wasn't getting enough water. Fucking tired as all hell but having a glass of red and will sleep like a log tonight~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like your day was by far busier than mine. Did manage to go around spritzing disinfectant on switches & switch plates, got dishes from last night done. Went into Ripley, checked in with Job Force after I had logged into their site and set up some new parameters. Got a H.U.D. review coming, they like knowing I'm at least trying to look for work.

Can look but doesn't imply there's any to be had. No, I'm not being picky either, just that if I need go 40 miles one way I'd need more than $10 hrly. Nothing wants to offer that, or if they do I'm overqualified, or don't have some toilet paper college degree. So, I get shorted back to "unskilled labor". "Take what you get, or you don't get."

Genuinely need to make an effort with the writing. Keep dreading starting out at it again. Too concerned over having it perfect & then also not having anything which stirs in me to write as a story. Sure, got a few catch phrases for ideas. They go nowhere fast though.

One of those days, I feel a complete shit heel. This nothing to do and doing nothing isn't what I've lived. Used to providing or at least contributing. Got used that around the age most little boys are just starting to think about friends, girls, maybe a few years starting to drive. If honest I actually had started earlier. Now? Gee, I disinfected door knobs, light switches. Yes, I know even something so simple can be something important. It's no consolation though.

Try sitting in a kneeling position. Draw your knees up to your chest as you lean forward over them. Spread your arms forward over your head. Let your back stretch and feel relaxed. This is the Child's pose in yoga. I do it at times to help relieve tension in spasming muscles, or muscles that stay flexed out and taut. It's helpful some.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do it at times to help relieve tension in spasming muscles

I got a cramp in my leg last night that was OMFG painful. Had to stand and force my leg almost hyper extending the knee to make it go away. That and pounded a bottle of water.

VU Sponsors