Become a Patron!

Vaping on TV

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ms @kross8 informed us about this in another thread, but it would get buried there, so here it is to remind us to watch it.

CNBC
Vaporized
Vaporized: America's E-Cigarette Addiction
Monday July 15, 10pm (eastern I presume)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ms @kross8 informed us about this in another thread, but it would get buried there, so here it is to remind us to watch it.

CNBC
Vaporized
Vaporized: America's E-Cigarette Addiction
Monday July 15, 10pm (eastern I presume)
I just noticed this......ugh. I can’t wait to see the propaganda they’re gonna spread around.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
More BS and makes you wonder why someone would post it.................

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
well shit, I missed it. I did see that last 5 mins. I hope it will be on demand.

ok, got on demand right now.

a knife is just as dangerous as a gun = what an ASSHAT. really, a knife can kill from 20' away ? wow.

ok. I didn't see anything detrimental here, except for the lab guy saying the knife/gun thing. and the mice testing thing.
at the end, the British government seems to have a realist handle on this.

overall, if you didn't see this, you didn't miss much.

Last edited by a moderator:

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So....how much do you think Dr. Scott Gottlieb (currently a senior advisor to Pfizer and former FDA Commissioner), CNBC, BT, BP, and even Juul payed these fucking kids and their parents to spew all this bullshit and blatant lies on national television? "Shortly after I started using the Juul, I started having trouble breathing and I started coughing..." Yeah, right motherfucker!

The Wire Spider

Last edited:

PopcornSmell

Member For 1 Year
Honestly, I think that if Juul didn't focus on tricking teenagers to use their products, vaping could still be considered as a positive thing. In my country NZ, vaping is actually encouraged by the government. But after Juul coming to NZ at the end of this year, I'm not sure if everything can still be the same :(

Honestly, I think that if Juul didn't focus on tricking teenagers to use their products, vaping could still be considered as a positive thing. In my country NZ, vaping is actually encouraged by the government. But after Juul coming to NZ at the end of this year, I'm not sure if everything can still be the same :(
I don't think they tricked anyone. In their first few months, they were on social media. That's it. And the ads weren't even overtly geared toward underaged vapers (look it up- you won't find any ads that look like they're for kids).

Juul designed a system that does the job for satisfying smokers, delivering enough nic quickly through the bloodstream, in a form factor that works. Problem is, kids learned it was discrete, easier to vape than smoke, they could get away with it in class, and it gave them a buzz. And it became the cool thing to do. Just like teens don't need to be tricked to try smoking, drinking, drugs, or sex - I don't think Juul tricked anyone.

But I do agree without their adoption of Juuling, vaping would still be much more under the "save the children" legislative hysteria radar. And vapers that don't use Juul would be better off. But there's no denying that Juul has helped many smokers quit (I know quite a few in my own family). They're no more evil than any other company trying to make a profit, but their success has gained us unwanted attention.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The sad thing is that the people supporting this “anti teen vaping” thing don’t really realize that they’re screwing over the people who quit smoking and are now vaping. They’re not helping kids not to Juul!

Do they really know what vaping is? No, they’re hooked into the hysteria that’s being fed by the FDA and don’t realize what’s going on. Give the FDA this much power now, who knows what else they’ll want to regulate.

Ironically, a ban on vaping or e liquids could lead to pods or closed system vapes being the only approved vapes, which are the closest things to Juul , imho. Totally fucked up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
As vapers are an even bigger minority than smokers, and it's always popular to pick on tobacco users, that this will just be the tip of the iceberg

ANTZ have a completely skewed view on nicotine and nicotine addiction and what's worse, few of them want to know the truth because they already know it all :eek:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As vapers are an even bigger minority than smokers, and it's always popular to pick on tobacco users, that this will just be the tip of the iceberg

ANTZ have a completely skewed view on nicotine and nicotine addiction and what's worse, few of them want to know the truth because they already know it all :eek:

You managed to really depress me. This is an insane situation!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Most people just look for reinforcement of what they already believe.
Not real facts or news.
And with vapers and smokers being pretty much a pariah group, the shows get good ratings.
Ratings mean more ad money.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The beauty of picking on vaping is that the anti-tobacco crowd - thanks to their disinformation campaigns - are even able to get a percentage of smokers to become anti-vaping :(

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The beauty of picking on vaping is that the anti-tobacco crowd - thanks to their disinformation campaigns - are even able to get a percentage of smokers to become anti-vaping :(

ohh the smokers I sometimes hang out with down at the country store are all convinced that vaping is actually worse than smoking.
I just keep on vaping away as they go thru coughing fits.

Humans :crazy:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
ohh the smokers I sometimes hang out with down at the country store are all convinced that vaping is actually worse than smoking.
I just keep on vaping away as they go thru coughing fits.

Humans :crazy:

It’s sad because they’d benefit from vaping, and would probably enjoy it a lot.
Yep, unfortunately humans are crazy. Animals for the most part are thankfully really sane, imho.
:wave:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

So they end up hating the very thing that could save their lives. :smh:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So they end up hating the very thing that could save their lives. :smh:

Why not? They managed to get smokers to become their own oppressors, may as well get them afraid of vaping

It's good business for not only BT, but BP as well as so so-called do-gooder nonprofits, like those hucksters at AHA; there is big money in anti-smoking drugs, patches, etc. and grants for anti-smoking (and now vaping) campaigns, research, etc

VU Sponsors