Become a Patron!

Vaping sent this teenager into rehab. His parents blame Juul's heavy nicotine dose.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Uh, uh, uh :crazy:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
They actually sent this kid to a real rehab facility for 40 days... FOR VAPING!!!!

Think about it.

If I were a parent would I want to send my 15 year old son all alone to a place where he is surrounded by REAL drug addicts for 40 days if I were trying to look out for his well being?

It sounds kind of like a stupid parenting decision to me.

Good parents DON'T want their teenage son around junkies.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They actually sent this kid to a real rehab facility for 40 days... FOR VAPING!!!!

Think about it.

If I were a parent would I want to send my 15 year old son all alone to a place where he is surrounded by REAL drug addicts for 40 days if I were trying to look out for his well being?

No shit - it's like sending your kid to jail to teach him a lesson and he comes out an expert criminal

This has got to be one of the worst hit pieces based on hysteria helicopter parents ever CAN'T BELIEVE INSURANCE FELL FOR IT

Even the kid's doctors said there were no link between seizure and vaping :gaah:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
"Vaping in his room", and parents didn't know.
What if it were cigarettes and parents didn't know - We'd never hear of it.

When we or at least I started smoking, it was to be cool. I think a lot or maybe even most teen/underage vaping is for the buzz and the flavor is a side bonus.
I've asked a few youngsters that I saw vaping if they vaped to quit cigarettes and they said no and when asked then why do you vape they said a good buzz.

It's things like this that get ppl to go along with, think nothing of, or not be subjective about vaping. that just let the FDA be the parent.

Last edited:

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My car was sold over stinkies at 16 years old. Not sure which would be worse, rehab or losing a car. Not sure about vaping though since it's much more safer. I think some parents are just over parenting these days. I'd be more worried about the drugs and keeping them off vs a Juul myself.

I believe this kid went to the same rehab as a classmate of mine placed his son in last year. It's a cattle ranch and they are pretty dang strict there. However, wasn't over vaping but drinking and grades dropped as well. Now he's back in track and looking forward to a scholarship.

But vaping?????:confused::facepalm:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Think about it.

the more I think about sending a kid to rehab for vaping the more I wonder if the parents are simply unfit .....who sends their kid to live with junkies? ???????

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My car was sold over stinkies at 16 years old.

That is parenting - teaching lessons, not cajoling insurance company to pay for your bad parenting.

It's obvious they flunk parenting if they don't notice the shit their kid claims he was doing to support his alleged pod habit

I think we are only getting part of the story, and vaping is the scapegoat

This ^^^^

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is parenting - teaching lessons, not cajoling insurance company to pay for your bad parenting.

This ^^^^

Oh I totally agree on the parenting thing. Rehab isn't meant for vaping. Many other ways to go about discipline at the house. I'm sure his parents can control the kid's spending, if they tried. Looking back I appreciate how my parents took control. Need more parenting skills like that these days.
If that rehab is the same place I'm thinking, I'm trying to figure out what insurance they have that will pay for it. It's not the run of the mill rehab. It's a ranch type setting and I'm not thinking many insurance companies will agree to lesser facilities.

National attention on this was not needed. I'm agreeing with the other poster on more to the story. It probably had more than just vape juice in the tank. :idea:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mom sent me to rehab when I was 15. For illegals in some states now adays. But I ran away from there after 6 days of a 45 day facility Some parents really have no other options but tough love. Went to a boarding school for being incorigable (SP). Skipped 130 of 180 days of my first freshman year. But the whole rehab for vaping can't be the whole story

VU Sponsors