Become a Patron!

Vaping Trends of 2019?

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Might be a little early, but what do you guys see as the "next big thing" of vaping? For instance, this year seems to be the year of the pod systems, last year was squonking and single coil atomizers, before that was flavor chasing and stealth vaping. Recently it seems that some smaller companies are trying to push for coil-less vaping (that use ceramic plates to heat up the juice, or that one mod that uses vibrations to vaporize the juice, usonicig or something like that)

Even if you think that the vape apocalypse is coming and you're prepping with diy and tube mechs, I want to hear your opinion.

I'm not a collector by any means, and I'm not typically the type to give in to all the latest trends. I have a pretty good idea of what I'll be vaping in 2019, I'm just trying to gauge where I'm at compared to the rest of the vaping world

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Pod systems that have removable/refillable "pods" and replaceable coils.

Like the Aspire AIO

Which brings me back to where I was in 2014.

1.5 ohm coils in a small plastic tank at 12 watts.:facepalm:

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pod systems that have removable "pods" and replaceable coils.

Like the Aspire AIO

:giggle: Still higher wattage than I've used for the past 4.75 yrs. :D If it ain't broke... ;)

Andria

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Pod systems that have removable "pods" and replaceable coils.

Like the Aspire AIO

Ah yes, good call. I was thinking something along those lines but then I thought about the simple ex mod. Why not a full on rebuildable pod? Not just replaceable coils. But still having the form factor of an actual pod system (juul, breeze, or sourin drop,etc)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Ah yes, good call. I was thinking something along those lines but then I thought about the simple ex mod. Why not a full on rebuildable pod? Not just replaceable coils. But still having the form factor of an actual pod system (juul, breeze, or sourin drop,etc)

That will be later down the road.

After they already make a billion on coil heads, replaceable coil tanks, and all in one mods.

That's kind of what happened when an RTA (that actually worked) finally hit the market.

The only problem I can see is anyone who started vaping after 2014 having to build from 1.2 ohms to 1.8 ohms.

Super thin wire with a bunch of wraps.

28ga kanthal or ni80

I can see someone trying to build dual 30 gauge coils to 1.5 ohms now and it's not a pretty site.

You know what would be a cool start?
If they made those RBA Coil heads for the newer salt nic tanks.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2018 was the year of mesh coil heads IMO. The top tanks use mesh or offer it now after Freemax hit a home run their first try. I like using mesh coils but not enough to drop using standard wire coils. I predict more RDAs and RTAs with designs for mesh as the heating element. Also there's going to be way more variety of premade designs for the "mesh" like Wotofos strips they offer.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That will be later down the road.

After they already make a billion on coil heads, replaceable coil tanks, and all in one mods.

That's kind of what happened when an RTA (that actually worked) finally hit the market.

The only problem I can see is anyone who started vaping after 2014 having to build from 1.2 ohms to 1.8 ohms.

Super thin wire with a bunch of wraps.

28ga kanthal or ni80

I can see someone trying to build dual 30 gauge coils to 1.5 ohms now and it's not a pretty site.

You know what would be a cool start?
If they made those RBA Coil heads for the newer salt nic tanks.

Well, 28ga isn't super-thin; neither is 29ga, what I use; and I get around 1.8 ohms with 8 wraps -- not really a bunch. I use 29ga because 30ga really IS super-thin, and it deforms if you look at it hard, nevermind pull a wick thru it... but 28ga takes too long to heat up, so that even with my 5 and 6 second draws, I don 't really get much, and it feels anemic. 29ga is the Goldilocks.

But to make coils for a pod? Yeah, it'll have to be 30ga or even 32ga; 32ga is what I used when I rebuilt T3S heads. That shit will cut off your fingers if you're not careful.

Andria

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'm with Andria. I've found mods that work for me are reliable dual battery mods. Can't think of any new features they could possibly come up with. It already seems they've hit the wall with power, temp control, wattage curves. Now it's all about lighting and wallpapers and gimmicky crap like talking to your mod. Not interested at all. I'm already pissed when I call someplace and have to use voice activation for menus over the phone. "Please say 'english'... 'english'.. 'English' .. 'EEEEnngg-guh-lisshh'. Hell no, not with my mod.

I can only imagine whatever they come out with next will be more gimmicks. They've already began using more plastic than metal (ie cheaper in every sense), added fidget spinners. Tried putting games on them. Meh. Maybe plastic mesh coils with led's built into them that only activate when you talk to them? Hypercolor mods that change color when you're holding it in your sweaty paw? lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I'm with Andria. I've found mods that work for me are reliable dual battery mods. Can't think of any new features they could possibly come up with. It already seems they've hit the wall with power, temp control, wattage curves. Now it's all about lighting and wallpapers and gimmicky crap like talking to your mod. Not interested at all. I'm already pissed when I call someplace and have to use voice activation for menus over the phone. "Please say 'english'... 'english'.. 'English' .. 'EEEEnngg-guh-lisshh'. Hell no, not with my mod.

I can only imagine whatever they come out with next will be more gimmicks. They've already began using more plastic than metal (ie cheaper in every sense), added fidget spinners. Tried putting games on them. Meh. Maybe plastic mesh coils with led's built into them that only activate when you talk to them? Hypercolor mods that change color when you're holding it in your sweaty paw? lol.

Totally with ya about voice-activated anything -- I have the "google assistant" turned OFF on my phone; the only time I talk to the phone is when I'm talking to another person THROUGH the phone. :facepalm: Robot-voice creeps me right the fuck OUT.

The biggest problem is that all this stupid FDA shit means nobody can improve anything. They really really need to rethink the entire TC issue, because those who can make that shit work reliably and actually provide a good vape are as scarce as hen's teeth. I've tried with titanium, and stainless, and was the very opposite of impressed in both cases. Granted, I vape at such low wattage, TC is kinda wasted on me, but my son tried it too, with stainless, and though he can vape up to 70-80 watts, he couldn't make it work right either. Now both of us are back to kanthal and happy with our vapes.

How about.. instead of trying to come up with something "new and improved" in our vape... we try that with our GOVERNMENT! Fucking idiots. Fucking CRETINS. Fucking greedy stupid assholes!

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My trend for 2019 is doing the same shit I have done for years. That means trying out new fangled BS they come out with and using my TC MOD's that no reviewer can make work right.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just an old fuddy-duddy. I use my *smart* phone to make phone calls and text a little. I never would have moved up to a smart phone if I wasn't too fat-fingered to text on a flip phone. I liked my Rugby flip phone. No *apps* for me.

Same with my vape gear. I have a few mods with some bells and whistles but I like to keep things simple. The only mod I have that I think temp control is even worth using is my Drag. And I think that one just shit the bed on me. Maybe I'll get another Drag, maybe not.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I never got into any of the trends, except DIY juice and wrapping a simple coil when I need it. Took me 2 years to give up my beloved Protank 2, but I do still have it.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
@AndriaD Let's not forget that we now have blinky lights, lasers, and recently Wisemec thought the awesome idea of a Bluetooth speaker in a mod. So now when I vape I can dance and sing and I can get a club rave goin. :slowclap:

Gonna predict 2019 is gonna bring in 20700/21700 mods and more mesh style coils. Cant wait for the year when 2+ 26650 batteries become the norm.:bliss:

Last edited:

springer

Just like Jerry
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
@AndriaD Let's not forget that we now have blinky lights, lasers, and recently Wisemec thought the awesome idea of a Bluetooth speaker in a mod. So now when I vape I can dance and sing and I can get a club rave goin. :slowclap:

Gonna predict 2019 is gonna bring in 20700/21700 mods and more mesh style coils. Cant wait for the year when 2+ 26650 batteries become the norm.:bliss:
I have a friend that recently started vaping and she got that mod with a Bluetooth speaker in it. She is always complaining about having to recharge the battery all the time. Since it is an internal battery it’s a dud till it’s charged up again.

mhask68

Member For 1 Year
Here’s a thought. Make a regulated mod that doesn’t take a shit within 6 months of buying it. I hate the new improved mods out there. My Segeli 213 plus and my IJoy Diamond are workhorses that take a beating and chain vaping with out skipping a beat. All hail 20700 dual batteries at 60 - 90 watts!( IJoy Diamond )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since it is an internal battery it’s a dud till it’s charged up again.

Most internal battery MOD's have Pass Thru Charging so RTFM....................... My Internal battery MOD's still work for me when they are discharged as long as I have a power source even if it is a battery pack it still lets me vape.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here’s a thought. Make a regulated mod that doesn’t take a shit within 6 months of buying it. I hate the new improved mods out there. My Segeli 213 plus and my IJoy Diamond are workhorses that take a beating and chain vaping with out skipping a beat. All hail 20700 dual batteries at 60 - 90 watts!( IJoy Diamond )

I've had good luck with the vaporesso revenger. Outside of paint peeling, been using it daily for around 11mo now. I haven't dropped it or anything so not sure about durability in that regard. Some people have the dropsies, I figure I'm nearly 40. If I can't keep hold of my mod and keep from dropping it I should go back to spill proof plates and sippy cups while I'm at it. lol. 510's never had issues, I've overfilled rda's or had the occasional mishap with an rta and had juice run down by the firing button or down the sides of the mod. I always clean it up quick (as I can). No sticking fire button.

Agreed though, mods are becoming more and more plasticy, cheap contact tabs instead of full contacts, sticking fire buttons (voopoo). The simple shit like buttons and things shouldn't be weak points, or battery doors. It's almost 2 decades into the new millennia and with everything being electronic we haven't discovered how to make battery doors that don't break? Someone needs to halt the mars exploration and cover the basics.

mhask68

Member For 1 Year
I've had good luck with the vaporesso revenger. Outside of paint peeling, been using it daily for around 11mo now. I haven't dropped it or anything so not sure about durability in that regard. Some people have the dropsies, I figure I'm nearly 40. If I can't keep hold of my mod and keep from dropping it I should go back to spill proof plates and sippy cups while I'm at it. lol. 510's never had issues, I've overfilled rda's or had the occasional mishap with an rta and had juice run down by the firing button or down the sides of the mod. I always clean it up quick (as I can). No sticking fire button.

Agreed though, mods are becoming more and more plasticy, cheap contact tabs instead of full contacts, sticking fire buttons (voopoo). The simple shit like buttons and things shouldn't be weak points, or battery doors. It's almost 2 decades into the new millennia and with everything being electronic we haven't discovered how to make battery doors that don't break? Someone needs to halt the mars exploration and cover the basics.

I agree. The issues I’ve had started out either the e-Leaf 50 back when I first started vaping. The 5/10 screws easily stripped.. went through two of those. The I moved to the SMOk TR80, the battery wouldn’t take a charge. So the thing bricked it self. The I bought a Segeli 213+ it was a good mod for a few months. Then I dropped it... my bad. The screen broke. So I spent a few weeks guessing the wattage. I bought another one. About a week later it refused to recognize the atomizer. Battery imbalance issues. So I put it up, I guess too lazy to throw it out. Bought a Segeli Chaos. After a few weeks it read the atomizer as a much lower ohm than it was, then it stopped recognizing the batteries as fully charged. Next up was the IJoy Diamond. Yeah I dropped that one but it kept on going and going. After a while it wouldn’t recognize the 7200, but it would the 18650’s using the sleeve. In desperation I tried my old Segeli 213+, shock and surprise... it worked. By then I needed the power that the 2700 batteries afforded. So I bought a new one. Of these mods only 2 were dropped. The rest were just total crap. Any way. That’s my bad luck shleprock story with mods.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Do you know the difference between an alligator and a crocodile?
The crocodile is the one you see in a while

VU Sponsors