Vaping Underground V.S Other Forums

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by Theboss, May 10, 2019.

1. Theboss

Theboss Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Most of us have belonged to or at least visited other forums, what keeps you coming back to VU? Why is this forum better than the rest and what would you change?

wildgypsy70 and Heartsdelight like this.
  2. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    For me it's not a better than thing. With the forums it's the people and certain threads I enjoy and come back for. Each has their pros and cons. Pro with all of them is choice, I choose when and where to participate. Honestly these days I lurk more than post.

3. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    for me it is the fact that WE here at VU are a family with a Few house Rules and if you want to be adult and talk about other places you can.

4. IcepickMaker84

IcepickMaker84 VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I enjoy using multiple forums, options are nice.

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

Ryedan, fidola13, wildgypsy70 and 2 others like this.
  5. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    I liked being able to buy from the Hardware section right away on here with no B.S. On ECF I applied for Classified access 9 months prior to Asswife banning me for giving my honest opinion of the mods over there and still didn't have access then.

I enjoy the vibe and people over here better, most of the people I liked on ECF are over here anyway @Heartsdelight was always my favorite ;)

I only wish that I didn't have to change my camera settings on my phone before taking a vape pic to upload straight to the forum here. Over there you could upload higher quality pics. If that's the only negative and I no longer have to deal with those mods, it's definitely a win.

6. IcepickMaker84

IcepickMaker84 VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I’ve never had any issues on ECF, members and mods are both decent folks. I’m sure everyone has their own unfortunate stories though.

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

kross8, fidola13, wildgypsy70 and 2 others like this.
  7. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    :blowkiss:

8. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    At one point there were lots of ECF refugees :D coming here.

9. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    For me it's people. I tried reddit but i'm not a fan of the format. Never really tried any other vape forum. FOund this one first and didn't have a reason to search further.

Like Letita9 Lately I'm lurking more than posting.

10. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    With the Retarded1 and Asswipe chasing away new members what did they expect? I personally told a bunch of new members over there about the VU before I got banned for reporting problems with the site in a thread to report such problems. R1 tried to tell me it was my equipment and when I proved him wrong with factual data he suspended me so I reported him and got banned. ECF is the worst Vaping Forum and you can tell the MOD's over there I said so and they can go fuck themselves~! I say this because we have spies or two faced member here who report things said here back to them.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  11. Jinx'd

Jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I found this place first, and I like the format. I went to ecf and didn't like the format, even thought its the same software. and the for sale room there, I didn't feel like kissing ass just to get in, that's bullshit. I don't go there any mor. does that mean i am an ecf refugee ?
    have not seen any other vape forums, cause I didn't look. no need too.

VinnySem and wildgypsy70 like this.
  12. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    You signed up but don't frequent there anymore so request a Badge~! Every member who gets an ECF Refugee Badge is another Fuck You to Oliver and his Minions.

Jinx'd and wildgypsy70 like this.
  13. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    VU pays me the most money for my posts :)

14. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    So this explains why this self admitted cheap ass bastard posts so much! It isn't because he wants to help only because he gets paid. So the truth comes out...................

wildgypsy70 and IcepickMaker84 like this.
  15. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    You may get more cash to post, but @JuicyLucy sends me provocative pics for every ten posts :giggle:

16. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Her provocative cats?

17. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    Lol!
    She takes the doors off of some of her squonkers so they're naked, gets me going every time ;)

18. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    You're the one who said you wanted Wanko material Unknown-1.jpeg

19. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Not so sure about you being boss though:

fucking boss.jpg

ajvapes, Ryedan, lak611 and 8 others like this.
  20. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    The Boss title is never questioned or challenged ;)

21. Jinx'd

Jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    hey, I'm a self admitted cheap ass bastard ! where's my cash !

22. Jinx'd

Jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    frequent ? hell, not at all.

ok, I'l check it out. I like free shit !

Heartsdelight and wildgypsy70 like this.
  23. gsmit1

gsmit1 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I found VU in my first Google search ever to find information on Vaping.

The only places I post are here and Reddit. Very different communities. Roughly speaking, I'd say that Reddit is kinda like the high school cafeteria with some (loose) adult supervision and here is kinda like the faculty lounge where some of the students hang out too.

24. bikerboogieman

bikerboogieman Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    When I searched for vaping forums, I briefly checked out the other one that has refugees here as it was the first to come up, but did not join. It really didn't inspire me to I guess. This forum was the next one and the only one that I joined. I liked the name, and found the threads interesting. It just seemed like my kind of place and is the only one where I hang my hat so to speak. Everyone here has been very helpful, especially JuicyLucy!!! You rock my friend and you are an excellent mentor!!! I also like receiving emails from Vapor Joe that has deals from the different companies.

:cheers: to all here and drink up bitches!!! :drunk:

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  25. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
  26. BobsHere

BobsHere From Wherever VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Same as some have posted, found VU first. I stay because of the people here. I still see the same people replying to new members with their new questions just like they did to mine. I credit JuicyLucy and AndriaD for keeping me going when I struggled.
    I'm sure they don't remember because they help so many. I think very highly of all the mods and they do a great job.
    Sometimes I browse over to other forums, don't know anybody, doesn't feel like home. VU really does feel like home.
    Can't think of anything I would change.

27. BobsHere

Blog Posts:
    The hardware thread is great too...
    :)

28. fidola13

fidola13 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I don’t think it’s the “best”. Each forum has it strengths. I try to see other peoples opinions on devices on each forum. This forum also has a vibrant stabwood and classified threads that I enjoy.

Other forums may have stronger DIY section.

I also started my vaping life using a different forum and got to know a lot of people who helped me out. Everyone was awesome to me asking really dumb questions. So I feel a stronger connection there.

Drone, DogMan, Letitia9 and 3 others like this.
  29. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    That's great - @AndriaD was a great mentor to me at that other place when I was desperately trying to quit smoking

inspects, AndriaD, Letitia9 and 4 others like this.
  30. fidola13

Blog Posts:
    I too don’t like the format on Reddit. I want to read the responses chronologically. The way it’s set up is confusing to me.

Letitia9 likes this.
  31. fidola13

Blog Posts:

32. fidola13

Blog Posts:
    Actually the way some people are bashing another forum is one reason I stoped frequenting here last year.

Seems like it hasn’t changed much since then. People on ECF have been fantastic to me and incredibly helpful to everyone.

See ya.

Drone, IcepickMaker84 and Letitia9 like this.
  33. BobsHere

Blog Posts:
    Encouragement, the action of giving someone support, confidence, or hope.
    Sometimes that's all it takes, we all have to find our own path forward in many aspects of life. I find comfort here.
    May sound a little sappy, but true.

34. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Feel free to frequent whatever forum suits YOU best.
    Just glad we have choices in such things.
    I like it here. Kinda slow on the checks though :)

Huckleberried and Letitia9 like this.
  35. fidola13

Blog Posts:
    I just don’t see the need for talking badly about people at other forums. I’m too old for high school drama. I want to talk and read about vaping not who hurt someone’s feelings on a different forum.

CJ-3, MC5, Drone and 3 others like this.
  36. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Well others apparently want to talk about it.
    And I like that here they have the freedom to do so. Even some bashing of mods and such here.
    Unlike your fav place where you cannot even type Vaping Underground in a post.
    As I said I am just glad there are different places for different folks.
    Everyone does not fit in the same mold.

Huckleberried, Letitia9 and Theboss like this.
  37. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    @fidola13 vu has great people here as does ecf. It's as simple as just leaving a thread if you find it unpleasant, that's what I do anyway. There are plenty of drama free threads here too. Both forums have something to offer imo. VU gets its fair share of bashing over at ecf so both forums have their naysayers. I guess my point is the ball is always in your court at any forum.

38. susieqz

susieqz Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    i keep current on both forums.
    never forget, mooch posts on ecf.

39. AndriaD

AndriaD FALL! At Last! VU Donator Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    @JuicyLucy is also one of my favorite people, here or anywhere. Just the sight of her avatar makes me giggle everytime I see it. :D But it's also hard to beat @The Cromwell -- I don't always agree with him, but as curmudgeons go, he's one of my favorites. He's a cheapskate bastid like me. :D

40. AndriaD

AndriaD FALL! At Last! VU Donator Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    He's got a FB page too. I'd much rather deal with FB than fucking asshole central.

Andria

41. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Nonsense, you can't even mention VU over there without it getting the ****** treatment. But apparently it's dying anyway, so... hurry the hell up and die already!

Andria

42. gsmit1

gsmit1 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    There are only so many hours in the day. I don't avoid ECF, I just haven't spent much time there. I got to know a couple of the mods at Reddit (vaping and electronic cigarettes). Reddit has a much younger and less experienced user base. Which isn't a bad thing. That's just what it is.

I also don't like the Reddit format at all. honestly, I don't even understand how that forum software really works (upvotes, downvotes, awards etc.) and don't actually care that much. I do like hanging out there and I find that I can help more people because the experience quotient is lower, which is not a bash either.

VU is my favorite by far though. I link over here all the time from there. Especially when it has something to do with Mechs.There ARE some vets who know what they're doing there too, but they're not around that much and discussions here could be really helpful to questions there.

Nobody's ever said anything about me linking to threads here, so I guess it's ok.

Oh yeah. My rant earlier about Smok hate was all about my experiences there too.

susieqz and Letitia9 like this.
  43. AndriaD

Blog Posts:

These days I'm trying to spread the vape-love on Quora, rather than preaching to the choir around here -- wayyyyy too much vape-ignorance in the world!

Andria

44. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Not true Andria. Yes they go overboard and block links and delete the full name but VU is allowed and I mention this forum frequently with no backlash. Many of us have been sending people over here for hardware and diy.

susieqz likes this.
  45. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    So I'm out. I love both forums and make no apologies for it. Both are equally great and both have flaws. I accept that and it's only my choice to participate in either.

46. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I do still go to Mooch's blog over there.
    VU will even let you link to it in a post. Unlike ECF where you cannot link to anything here or most places.

Todd posts over here.
    He even made me an honorary Fifean :)

I usually pick up Mooch's actual posts over on ECR and reply to him there.

JuicyLucy and susieqz like this.
  47. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Did they quit striking out Vaping Underground in posts?

AndriaD and JuicyLucy like this.
  48. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I stay with vu because of the people. I dont have any1 around me that does diy. And i can ask questions n not b looked down on as i found elsewhere. We all love vaping and we all vape different. And we all find a place here on vu.

49. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yep more fit in here. We have a mold but it is large and irregularly shaped :)
    the other place has a small precisely shaped mold which just does not fit me.

50. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member VU Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Mod Team Leader Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Back when I found forums and the vaping community in general in early 2013 ECF was really the only thing going.
    I mostly lurked but when I ever did ask a question Id get answered like I was an idiot and the person answering was god.

I tried posting a few news media articles and always got bitched at. it was always something.

1) Can't you change that horrible anti vaping title?
    2) A variation of this story was already posted 3 minutes before yours, are you an idiot?

The one that did it for me:

3) You need to break the links!

That takes three extra steps and WHY would you want someone searching for something like "is ejuice antifreeze?" and the ONLY results they get are from tobacco control / pharma propagandists?

I'd want my link to pop up so at least there is a link to a different opinion.

So, I started hanging in a few facebook groups like mod envy and a group Smokie runs about shit you shouldn't buy.
    Basically it's when you get total trash, scammed, etc... so I became very active in these groups

Then came April 2014 and I was asked if I wanted to do this.

It was like a dream come true.
    I get to help people not smoke.

I personally think that is a very good cause.

Once I was doing this I didn't have time for other spots.