Become a Patron!

Vaping unflavored e-juice

Nomorebutts

Member For 1 Year
So it seems I've got vape tongue from vaping so much as I've been quitting cigarettes these last 2 weeks.

I've read alot of different ways to go about trying to help it pass. One that really seemed logical and actually beneficial was switching to unflavored e-juice.

Apparently vape tongue is caused by your taste buds being overwhelmed with the continuous barrage of flavor we throw at them with are vapes. Idk where I read it last night (some blog or webpage, wasn't here on the forums) that people recommended switching to a unflavored e-juice for a few days until your taste buds even out and come back.

What one person said (and this is where is can be beneficial at least to me) was that they consistently vape unflavored juice, and every once in awhile if they want a little flavor just drip a little bit on the coils and cotton. They said to treat it almost like a treat when you want a little flavor.

Since I started I noticed having flavor isn't always the best thing. I like fruity flavors, in the morning before work when I drink my coffee that fruity flavor just doesn't go right with coffee lol. Vaping unflavored fixes that, I can even drop a little of this cappucino/mocha Sunday juice I was going to throw away. It also means I don't have to bring a second tank around with me to have a diff flavor.

Sometimes all that flavor is to much when I just want my nic fix.

It seems it would prolly be awfully simple to make but unflavored juice is actually really cheap. I have a 125ml in the mail with shipping for $11.

Anybody else useunflavored e-juic and anyone have recommendations on places that sell a 80vg/20pg unflavored juice for cheap.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My normal juices are 60pg 7mgml nic and 15% flavor... I alternate unflavored every 20 to 30 ml of juice. Using 6 or so a day. To prevent VT.... if I feel it coming I will also adjust build to use less wattage and bump VG up to a max of 50/50.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
You can literally buy pg, vg, and nic and just easily make your own unflavored juice for pennies on the dollar. You can just straight up vape vg too if you really wanted to.

I'm a daily chain vaper and I've never gotten vaper's tongue. What I do is change the juice in my tank/squonk/rda every time so I'm not always vaping the same thing and it just doesn't become a problem.

Nomorebutts

Member For 1 Year
You can literally buy pg, vg, and nic and just easily make your own unflavored juice for pennies on the dollar. You can just straight up vape vg too if you really wanted to.

I'm a daily chain vaper and I've never gotten vaper's tongue. What I do is change the juice in my tank/squonk/rda every time so I'm not always vaping the same thing and it just doesn't become a problem.

Yea, I think I got it because I was vaping pretty much the same juice for to long.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I am partial to Nude Nicotine and use it almost exclusively. There is no real reason why other than I just am and have never had any issues with their diluted bases. Recently they have cut their prices in half.

https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/diluted-nicotine-base/

You can get 1 liter pre mixed at whatever strength you want for $12. I do this periodically when I am burned out on flavors, need a break or am just being lazy. There is some truth in what you are saying because after a few days of unflavored, everything flavored tastes better.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My GF vapes Turkish Tobacco if I can't make her 60/40 Unflavored and she loves my unflavored. I will lnever understand but wil make it for her all the time~!

Last edited:

Nomorebutts

Member For 1 Year

I am partial to Nude Nicotine and use it almost exclusively. There is no real reason why other than I just am and have never had any issues with their diluted bases. Recently they have cut their prices in half.

https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/diluted-nicotine-base/

You can get 1 liter pre mixed at whatever strength you want for $12. I do this periodically when I am burned out on flavors, need a break or am just being lazy. There is some truth in what you are saying because after a few days of unflavored, everything flavored tastes better.

Yea, that was another benefit people talked about from vaping unflavored. They said when they went back to flavored juice the flavor of it seemed way better.

What's the benefit/con of vaping straight VG with nicotine. I know PG gives your vape that throat hit and little bit of harshness. Does it do anything beneficial other then that?

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Straight VG can be a little thick and may not wick very well in some tanks. That can be fixed with 5-10% distilled water(or some PG). I use 5 in the summer and 10 in the winter. VG itself is kinda sweet, sometimes that's a con sometimes it's a positive.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yea, that was another benefit people talked about from vaping unflavored. They said when they went back to flavored juice the flavor of it seemed way better.

What's the benefit/con of vaping straight VG with nicotine. I know PG gives your vape that throat hit and little bit of harshness. Does it do anything beneficial other then that?

Its purely preference. You can get them to send you VG/PG blends or whatever you like. I just happen to like all VG.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping four years, no flavor for three -- 9mg nic, 60/40 PG/VG, better throat hit.
I found out pretty early I dislike flavors a little or a lot. They all leave an aftertaste. I love nicotine unapologetically.

So simple and cheap to DYI but if you're just looking for a break from flavors, buy it premade.

VU Sponsors