Become a Patron!

vaping unhealthy for lungs?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping cannot be as good for your lungs as not vaping.
However it is a much safer alternative to smoking.
Around 95% safer than smoking according to several medical experts.

In over two years of vaping I have had one cold. And it did not drop into my lungs.
This compares to around 2 colds per year when I smoked.

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
artificial sweeteners were giving me a cough not to mention being totally rough on cotton so i diy now and my cotton lasts for weeks. but my neighbor whose a biology teacher told me anything warm in the lungs can clog the alveoli causing lung dammage i wonder if thats true also

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use NuNaturals NuStevia liquid sweetener.
I cannot tolerate any artificial sweeteners.
I am 100% DIY.

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how is the NuNaturals NuStevia liquid sweetener on cotton?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how is the NuNaturals NuStevia liquid sweetener on cotton?
I
Not bad at all on the cotton.
Some buildup on the coil after a week or so.
I dryburn and rewick at 1-2 week intervals.

You can get the nustevia at Amazon or GNC.
~$10 for 1 oz which lasts me over 6 months.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
artificial sweeteners were giving me a cough not to mention being totally rough on cotton so i diy now and my cotton lasts for weeks. but my neighbor whose a biology teacher told me anything warm in the lungs can clog the alveoli causing lung dammage i wonder if thats true also

If that was true, even warm air would be harmful in summer

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The OP is just going off a college collected thesis, some of those story references are based on opinions (not proven studies or facts) and a few of them are even derived by questions put to the members here , haven't you ever seen the threads where they say they are taking a class in college and please answer our questionnaires? Now you know what those are used for.....LOL

Last edited:

dabeas99

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, after being a heavy smoker for the past 20 years, I'm pretty sure this tasty warm steam I'm sucking on won't bother me too much. Every year people die from falling coconuts;yet, no one has ever died from vaping. So, I'll sit on the beach, vape, drink and, not worry about the people living in a bubble because of an article they read.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, after being a heavy smoker for the past 20 years, I'm pretty sure this tasty warm steam I'm sucking on won't bother me too much. Every year people die from falling coconuts;yet, no one has ever died from vaping. So, I'll sit on the beach, vape, drink and, not worry about the people living in a bubble because of an article they read.

I smoked 2.5 PAD for over 37 years and vaping is only thing that ever truly helped me stop smoking and be happy at the same time.

I have a long laundry list of problems I no longer have health-wise since fully quitting cigarettes for vaping. Been vaping four years and fully smoke free for 14 months.

You enjoy that beach for me :giggle:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Again, fresh air is best but even that is getting hard to find!

After I switched to vaping, it was not long before I noticed that my breathing was better.

Also have gotten far fewer colds than I used to get more than likely it was due to the PG content of my E-Liquid.

Did you know that hospitals add vaporized PG into their air systems as the stuff kills bacteria?

Also, my regular Doc is thrilled that I am vaping and not smoking.

And so is my dentist. No more tobacco stained teeth.

Also, the article in question once again filled with skewed factiods ,half truths or outright bad information

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But I gots dry popcorn knuckles.

Inside joke for newbies.

Forget the expensive powdered drink and use some of that glycerin from your DIY stash, Rip :eek:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forget the expensive powdered drink and use some of that glycerin from your DIY stash, Rip :eek:
:)

I vape 60/40. was doing 50/50 but got to having a bit of vapers cough with the excess VG.

Whatever works for ya.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I started out at 50/50 when I was a noob.

Did some experimentation with different ratios but I am now back to 50/50,

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

You're not supposed to inhale vapor alveoli-deep -- vaporized nicotine doesn't absorb worth a damn in the lungs; it absorbs best in the oral, nasal, and throat mucosa. It's true that old smokers still have a habit of fairly deep inhalation, but most of us train ourselves out of that very soon after starting vaping, just BECAUSE of the absorption difference.

Andria

ETA: you might also want to keep in mind that the temp inside normal lungs is about 98.6F.. that's pretty damn warm. If regularly breathing in something warmer than that is such a problem, then no one could live in the desert, or cook for a living, or many other activities that REQUIRE heat, and hence warm up the ambient air CONSIDERABLY.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never read the how to vape directions.
So I just do it as suits me.

Until I learned that about not inhaling fast and deep like a cigarette, I couldn't get rid of my morning cigarette. Once I started doing it more slowly and shallowly, no problem, cigarettes 100% GONE.

Andria

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're not supposed to inhale vapor alveoli-deep -- vaporized nicotine doesn't absorb worth a damn in the lungs; it absorbs best in the oral, nasal, and throat mucosa. It's true that old smokers still have a habit of fairly deep inhalation, but most of us train ourselves out of that very soon after starting vaping, just BECAUSE of the absorption difference.

Andria

ETA: you might also want to keep in mind that the temp inside normal lungs is about 98.6F.. that's pretty damn warm. If regularly breathing in something warmer than that is such a problem, then no one could live in the desert, or cook for a living, or many other activities that REQUIRE heat, and hence warm up the ambient air CONSIDERABLY.
i run a 4s lipo at 350-500 watts with airflow wide open so its hard not to pull hard and inhail deep

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i run a 4s lipo at 350-500 watts with airflow wide open so its hard not to pull hard and inhail deep

I suppose... but that's not vaping; that's HUFFING. And yeah, huffing is supposed to be deeply inhaled, that's what gets you high. :rolleyes: Since there's nothing in vaping to get one high, it really makes no sense to do it that way.

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's bullshit as with most of what you hear, just get your facts from the UK's National Health site. That's where you find the actual legitimate peer reviewed studies.

When the Royal Collage of Physicians start speaking out against Vaping I'll start to worry but since they've thrown their full backing behind it I'm good. It's not like they were the ones who lead the charge about the dangers of smoking back in the late 50's. But hey what would they know? They've only one of the (if not the) most prestigious Medical organizations in the world of over 32,000 Doctors and only been around 500 years ya know ;)

Now to counter that Bullshit article I'll give you this -

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/17/new-study-reveals-e-cigarette-vapor-no-more-dangerous-than-air/

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Until I learned that about not inhaling fast and deep like a cigarette, I couldn't get rid of my morning cigarette. Once I started doing it more slowly and shallowly, no problem, cigarettes 100% GONE.

Andria
I quit cigs in 1 week with 808 cigalikes.
But was not altogether what I wanted had to go to RBA's in a Subtank Mini to get the draw I wanted.
Can handle a bit more open but the STM is about what I like.

the V2 STM not the toptank. do not like them as much. Prone to dribble after filling.
My V2 STM virtually never leak or dribble.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you may be mistaking the temperature for the actual wattage :)

I only know a handful of very crazy but highly skilled and experienced vapers that can actually vape above 200 watts, and then just to prove a point, rather than vaping for a satisfying experience

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you may be mistaking the temperature for the actual wattage :)

I only know a handful of very crazy but highly skilled and experienced vapers that can actually vape above 200 watts, and then just to prove a point, rather than vaping for a satisfying experience
nope im talking wattage its really not that bad in a 30mm rda i like a nice warm vape with lots of flavor

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What is ohms does your coil(s) register at?

Can't tell if that is a standard unregulated build on a Hammond, but it looks unregulated.

Just because it can put out that kind of wattage, it does not mean that is what your coils are actually pulling

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Can't tell if that is a standard unregulated build on a Hammond, but it looks unregulated.

Just because it can put out that kind of wattage, it does not mean that is what your coils are actually pulling

I have a couple of 30 ml atties - the size of the atomizer is a moot point. It is the coils that determine your wattage, not the size of the battery or the size of the atomizer. Only the coils.

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

its built in a hammond 1590 bs box its not really regulated or unregulated closer to unregulated but its a pwm you can adjust the power accordingly with a potentiometer rn my build is at .39 tri core aliens pot is set at 50% power

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a couple of 30 ml atties - the size of the atomizer is a moot point. It is the coils that determine your wattage, not the size of the battery or the size of the atomizer. Only the coils.
you are correct but the size of the addy cools thing off a bit and you get a little sag but not much on a lipo so im pushing close to what i stated earlier

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you are correct but the size of the addy cools thing off a bit and you get a little sag but not much on a lipo so im pushing close to what i stated earlier
So I understand you, you started a thread worrying about vaping being unhealthy for your lungs and you are honking on 350-500 watts with a lipo thing a ma jig in an unregulated hack job mod????:facepalm::slowclap:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going back to the OP and forgetting everything I said in between.

Vaping as you vape may very well damage your lungs.
At least it would be more likely to than for someone who vapes at say 30 watts.

I had no idea.....

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
500 watts would be around 14 volts of pure unpulsed DC.
ohms law.PNG
thats my set up right now now take 50 percent of 723 because thats where my potentiometer is set at and bam thats the wattage im at

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

So what ohms are you vaping? You never answered that...

EDIT: I see .39 ohms. Why you want to vape satan - I was right :crazy:

VU Sponsors