Vaping Vs. Smoking

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm so tired of people telling me that there are so many nasty chemicals in E-Cigs that Im getting tired if hearing them called that. I did a little looking and found a list of what is in a tobacco cigarette.. Check this out.

http://www.tricountycessation.org/tobaccofacts/Cigarette-Ingredients.html

Ya think that will give them something to sink their teeth into?

Now.. you said WHAT had so many nasty chemicals in it?? I have 10 printed copies in my van just for the naysayers. I already tell people that the list of things in an e cig, is so short, I have it memorized.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
77775-I-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-r4R3.gif

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While the list of chemicals being produced by the heating of e-liquid is incomplete and partially dependent upon the chemical makeup of the flavorings being used... I would be willing to venture a guess that our list is much, much, much smaller and much less harmful than that one, lol...

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While the list of chemicals being produced by the heating of e-liquid is incomplete and partially dependent upon the chemical makeup of the flavorings being used... I would be willing to venture a guess that our list is much, much, much smaller and much less harmful than that one, lol...

i'm thinkin' that would be a safe bet ;)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm so tired of people telling me that there are so many nasty chemicals in E-Cigs that Im getting tired if hearing them called that. I did a little looking and found a list of what is in a tobacco cigarette.. Check this out.

Now.. you said WHAT had so many nasty chemicals in it?? I have 10 printed copies in my van just for the naysayers. I already tell people that the list of things in an e cig, is so short, I have it memorized.

I would only trust professional medical opinion backed by strong empirical evidence everything else is moot. No one in their right mind can suggest that e-juice compounds equal what is put in standard analogs. So far no deaths related to vape but hundreds of thousands related to tobacco. While the industry is still young and there is much to learn about the results thus far have been quite positive. Vape on...

Vapo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Here we go again. A friend of M3rma1d's tried the same crap on her (can't remember the thread name). Some similar material is listed there and I copied and do the rebuttal as you do with this one that is very good too. I don't know what kind of reaction you get, but passing out this info to people who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground about vaping seems to leave them a bit speechless thus leaving me free to explain a few things to them. :)

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Coming from a new vaper, I am blown away by the community watchdogs we have! First negative thing I saw on Reddit was about Diacetyl and then I realized the majority of juice dealers had already heard and are SELF REGULATING to keep their customers safe and happy! Big Tobacco only cares as far as they can keep smokers alive to get the most money out of them. I love this community, particularly this forum.

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Coming from a new vaper, I am blown away by the community watchdogs we have! First negative thing I saw on Reddit was about Diacetyl and then I realized the majority of juice dealers had already heard and are SELF REGULATING to keep their customers safe and happy! Big Tobacco only cares as far as they can keep smokers alive to get the most money out of them. I love this community, particularly this forum.

It's true, the vaping industry and community has an entirely different approach to potential negative effects than tobacco companies do and did. Inhaling the smoke from tobacco combustion is a fixed technology and cigarettes are thus a fixed product. It's not like Phillip Morris could somehow change tobacco to keep it from releasing carcinogens upon combustion or anything.

Vaping, however, is dynamic. If we find out that something being used in e-juice has negative health effects or that something about the way our vaporizers work is dangerous then we'll fix it. It's in everyone's interest, including manufacturers and vendors, to find out about anything like that ASAP and innovate a solution.

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I agree 100% about the term "e-cig". I do not use an electronic cigarette, I use a personal vaporizer. It looks nothing like a cig, does not function anything like a cig, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All that I can add is anecdotal. I did both vaping and smoking for about a month before I left the cigarettes behind for good. After that I experienced the rapid clearing of a congestive process in one of my lungs, and the resulting wheeze, which I had for more than a decade. I used to have several colds each winter, with bronchitis every time, and a chronic cough. I have not had a cold or cough since quitting cigs. I know which is more healthy, between smoking and vaping. As to whether the hysterical ANTZ and the bullies who run my government will ever really know or care, I cannot say. I vape a lot, and hope for the best.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time is our ally. The FDA, ANTZ, big pharma, big tobacco, and a lot of politicians have been desperately trying to stop vaping for years now. They are missing one thing. People who have gotten sick from vaping. So far, there haven't been any that we know of. If there was one, we would have heard about it already. Any of you feel like vaping is causing you health problems? Not me.

Wrigleyvillain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep. No burning; no carbon. Inherently healthier. People don't vaporize raw cannabis these days because it gets them higher.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unless I am pissing, shitting and pouring industry waste by products in my juice I am pretty sure it is safer.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I call my vaporizor the ends....electronic nicotine delivery system... my ends to the means

D

Donald Bickers

electronic nicotine delivery system...
that's cool.........I like it.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
calling what we use a cigarette is like calling congress responsible or an ef-5 twister a little wind storm!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i just call them my sucky things.

compile

Member For 4 Years
It's true, the vaping industry and community has an entirely different approach to potential negative effects than tobacco companies do and did. Inhaling the smoke from tobacco combustion is a fixed technology and cigarettes are thus a fixed product. It's not like Phillip Morris could somehow change tobacco to keep it from releasing carcinogens upon combustion or anything.

Vaping, however, is dynamic. If we find out that something being used in e-juice has negative health effects or that something about the way our vaporizers work is dangerous then we'll fix it. It's in everyone's interest, including manufacturers and vendors, to find out about anything like that ASAP and innovate a solution.
That's the difference between "us" and "them." Sure, with our community there is money to be had, but at the end of the day we are concerned about each others health. We look out for one another. An example of this is deciphering at what nicotine percentage a person should vape at, compared to "just smoke our cigarettes."

When it comes to devices, we all look out for each other. We aren't at war. Meanwhile, big tobacco companied fight each other to bring in more profit.

Like I said there is money to be had in our industry, but at the end of the day, if its not suitable for someone, most shops will be honest with their customers.

I've been a vapor for just over 4 months, work in a shop and I'm glad I have met people that are open to the idea of vaping, and come to their own conclusions on it.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To drag up an old thread.

Everything is made up of chemicals. They left out the isotope potassium-40 radiation in the banana !!

banana.png
kiwi.jpg

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nowadays i just refuse to even waste my time arguing with people who think e cigs are extremely dangerous , you just can't fix stupid as they say .

I just walk away and mumble either idiot or dumb ass , sometimes i'll substitute dumb bastard for dumb ass but it's always whatever pops into my head first , i never have to think about it is what i mean.

Works perfectly in most instances , if the person can beat your ass keep the volume down .

TheGodZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nowadays i just refuse to even waste my time arguing with people who think e cigs are extremely dangerous , you just can't fix stupid as they say .

I just walk away and mumble either idiot or dumb ass , sometimes i'll substitute dumb bastard for dumb ass but it's always whatever pops into my head first , i never have to think about it is what i mean.

Works perfectly in most instances , if the person can beat your ass keep the volume down .
Lol so true.,people likes to talk shit even if they dont know what they talking about

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol so true.,people likes to talk shit even if they dont know what they talking about

I just don't feel like going over the tons and tons of info that contradicts what they believe every time i run into a non believer on the street , it gets extremely aggravating .

If given a choice i much prefer a powerful blow to the head to dispatch the naysayer but if i'm in a jolly mood i would like to just hand out a pamphlet that explains the real facts .

I just don't have the patience anymore to sit them down and tell them directly to their face that they have "shit for brains" , i used to like doing that but thats when i had more time .

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Yeah, I've about had my fill of it already to be honest.

1) If you actually manage to find unbiased research that is credible and attributed to actual science, then you have:
2) Some media outlet cherry picking the research (Forbes is especially good at this) and writing a hit piece that:
3) Is backed by some quack doctor who went to the Dr. Oz School of Voodoo, Magic, and Medicine...which inevitably is quoted by:
4) An ultra left-wing politician who has "the public interest at heart" and gets regurgitated by:
5) Some idiot on the street.

95% of what is written about vaping falls into the above.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oxalic Acid, thats the caustic stuff used to clean wood siding on a house, or to burn away the gray oxidation on boats. Truck loads of these have been known to set off radiation alarms at ports. We had better call a ban on Monkey Pickles.

banana.jpg

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree.
and damn it i keep editing because i dont like what i posted.

i say my puffer, vaporizer or stick. the term e-cig is out-dated......how bout big tob using digital vaporizing e-cig..........wtf really?

Last edited:

VapingKicksAsh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get this all of the time... Recently got a notice at work (mechanic) that we can no longer vape in doors. It is "unhealthy & unprofessional". Says the owner who smokes a pack a day. :mad:

TheGodZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get this all of the time... Recently got a notice at work (mechanic) that we can no longer vape in doors. It is "unhealthy & unprofessional". Says the owner who smokes a pack a day. :mad:
Lol... Im ok with not smoking inside since we were not smoking cig inside already. But saying its un healthy? Hahahaha cmon

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Getting off cigarettes was my goal. I switched because it works. More people have friends, family and loved ones that have switched to vaping. They witness the same improved health results we all have experienced. Public health isn't about our good when so much money influences their decisions.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am extremely spoiled. I can vape at work all day and vape at home. It actually sometimes causes problems for me because I go through withdrawal when I have to go without. :) Seriously though, I work in a machine shop where there is water soluble oil mist in the air all of the time. So if they decided to ban vaping in my shop, I would tell them to go fuck themselves unless they are going to purchase air cleaners for the shop. I also believe that anyone who works in an office situation could simply demand that all cologne and perfume be banned as well considering the chemicals used in those are FAR more dangerous than second-hand eliquid vapor is to inhale. That is my stance on it. Unless someone can prove second-hand vapor is bad for someone, I believe any ban on use of personal vaporizers should be considered unlawful and therefore ignored.

Taajsgpm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thank you :) Im fed up with all the mis - info and bad press

VU Sponsors