Vaping & Weight ?

Discussion in 'Vaping Health Related' started by Hilfiger, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Hilfiger

Hilfiger Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    So first of all I am a skinny person.
    I remember a couple of years ago I quit smoking without any other helping devices or any other nicotine product. I gain weight really fast. Also eating more often. So ended up with smoking those cigarettes again after 4 months....so stupid.

Today it's 1 week since I quit and start vaping. Reason is for my health and maybe gain weight again.

Do you guys gain weight since vaping ?

Some people says avoid sweet ejuices....for you weight otherwise you will loose weight......is that right ?

Since I'm vaping I don't eat more often or gain weights....I know it has only been 1 week ...maybe it's to early :)

But one thing is for sure....I breath much better, sleep better and have more energy. So that's good.

Did you guys gain weight since vaping ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bobnat

bobnat VU Donator Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I have lost 9 kg, almost 20 lbs, since I started vaping in Oct.. I'm 6'1 and 165 lbs now. I've never been much of an eater, but it's less now. I know it's from the nicotine. The interesting part, as I see it, is I vape at 5mg during the day, then after 5pm I use 1mg. I do chain vape at night, but not during the day. I don't think it's a huge amount of nicotine, but it's effecting my appetite. It doesn't concern me though, but my wife says I'm too thin.

So619Cal likes this.
  3. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    When I first started vaping I did not gain weight.

But I did have a female friend that reported that she was getting her "Desert Fix" from vaping sweet flavors and was losing weight.

But then she gave up vaping her sweets because she thought the weight she was losing was all coming from her "Boobages":cry:

JuicyLucy, Angrygod50 and bobnat like this.
  4. Johnnytraveler

Johnnytraveler Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I lost weight with Vaping. Since quitting smoking I regularly exercise. So much easier now that I'm not Wheezing and coughing. I run 10k (6 miles) 3x a week. Bike 50k (31 miles) 3x a week.
    Weight wise I've gone from 220 to 180.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

5. Johnnytraveler

Johnnytraveler Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    But I was watching Daniels video from the vape convention in Detroit. My god all the vape reviewers there were fat.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

UncleRJ and JuicyLucy like this.
  6. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I don't think vaping sweet flavors will affect your weight one way or another

I gained wait when I quit smoking for vaping, but I could actually taste food again for the first time since I was a kid, lol

It's coming off now though

UncleRJ, AndriaD and Johnnytraveler like this.
  7. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I lost weight at first, but I had been on a diet for a couple months and the process had already started. Sad to say, after I got my sense of smell and a lot of my sense of taste back, I gained most of it back, but happily, not all; I';m still about 10 lbs lighter than I was when I first started vaping. I'd like to be another 10 lbs lighter... but dammit, everything tastes so good now, it seems to be a losing battle. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy likes this.
  8. Giraut

Giraut Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Americans are fat, vaping or not.

I dropped over 120 lbs of weight a few years ago, when I still smoked. When I switched to vaping - which happened overnight for me - my weight didnt change by a single ounce, without my having to diet anymore than usual. For me, it was just a matter of getting enough nic to avoid munching on junk food to compensate.

9. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    When I quit smoking and started vaping, I was around the 270 mark.

And at the time I kinda thought that since I was cleaning up my act by vaping instead of smoking, I would take the next step and get some exercise (walking in the local park) and watching what I ate.

It's been a long process but finally down to 207lbs and want to end up at 190.

bobnat likes this.
  10. Jonnystevenson

Jonnystevenson Bronze Contributor Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Check what I got just now.

"One of the best reasons people vape is that it satisfies cravings for sweets. There are dozens of delicious e liquid flavours available in the market with different bottle size, PG VG ratio and nicotine stength.

Instead of getting another bowl of ice cream or doughnut, vaping of your favorite flavor will help you to avoid consuming too many calories.

I certainly can't say that vaping is a magical weight-loss secret. It shows promise for those who are ready to quit smoking but are afraid of its negative effects on health such as weight gain."

11. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    First off I have had the same waist size since high school and people hate me for never gaining weight!

Over the years when I quit smoking I put on a few pounds because I was eating when I wanted a smoke. Since vaping I might have gotten a little belly fat but I attribute that to a less strenuous lifestyle and nothing a little exercise would not fix. If it wasn't due to a bad car accident I might not have stopped mountain biking 20 Miles every weekend.