Become a Patron!

Vaping while smoking...

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else big on BBQing? I don't get to do this as often as I'd like, but I love it. Two 7.5lb pork butts hit the grill at 11p last night, slab of ribs hit the grill at 6a this morning, & both are due to be done at 1p this afternoon! And I'm enjoying a nice strawberry /mango juice that is fantastic!
f5afdc5c01dc3d7f324ab632544cde85.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep. And I have that exact same smoker/grill lol. Not bad for the price. The paint sucks on mine, but the metal is holding up well.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here on the paint. I wasn't sure if it was the paint, though, or just the fact that I've lived in 2 super humid places, Washington state & Florida. Guess I know now. The meat is almost done & looks amazing. This is my first time doing ribs & I've never done 1 pork butt big, much less 2! It's gonna be a hell of a feast!

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I usually do a half-butt, as it's usually just me and the wife. I stock up when they are on sale, cut them in half, smoke the bone-in side, and cut the boneless side into "spare ribs" for grilling.
Happy Eatin'!!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I wanted a grill like that but the Mrs. wanted propane:(

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wanted a grill like that but the Mrs. wanted propane:(
Darn women folk:gaah:

You can still get smoked flavor goodness by using wood chips, or chunks. Soak a handful of chips in water for 20-30 minutes, wrap them in tinfoil, poke a few holes in the tinfoil, and place the packet near the flame. Hell, you could just lay a log in there, but you would have to clean out the ashes occasionally lol.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Darn women folk:gaah:

You can still get smoked flavor goodness by using wood chips, or chunks. Soak a handful of chips in water for 20-30 minutes, wrap them in tinfoil, poke a few holes in the tinfoil, and place the packet near the flame. Hell, you could just lay a log in there, but you would have to clean out the ashes occasionally lol.
This is how I started. Now I have both, though I prefer my coals but that is just because it's easier for me to control heat distribution. One great thing about this grill, though, I can cook a crap load of stuff all at once, freeze it, & have instant BBQ anytime I crave it.

The meat came out great. Next time, though, I will cut the small half of the rib rack from the larger half. Both were tender but the small half was fall off the bone tender, while the larger half was just tender and could have benefited from a little more time.

AshleyGreene

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wonder if you could pour a bit of ejuice down into the BBQ and eliminate the need for a vape... Two birds one stone...?? Lol

Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.

Last edited:

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if you could pour a bit of ejuice down into the BBQ and eliminate the need for a vape... Two birds one stone...?? Lol

Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages, it is the rule.
Probably not the best idea but if you try it keep us updated. Lol!

VU Sponsors