Become a Patron!

Vaping with a cold

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh... hate it.
Got a cold and I'm near the end of it but I haven't been able to taste anything for the past couple days. Zero, zip, nada, zilch.

I see the clouds, I remember what my favorite juice tastes like... but its like vaping unflavored juice.

Yesterday I remembered that a local vape store gave me some local juice makers stuff to try, a pineapple melon menthol.
I hate menthol, never did smoke menthol and hate peppermint candy or mint type flavors so that juice has been collecting dust since he gave it to me.

I put it to use yesterday and I can at least taste something! Menthol it is for a couple more days :)

Absintheur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Butterscotch is a pretty potent flavor as well, even with a bad cold working I can taste it.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, butterscotch has a kick. My favorite juice is a butterscotch, vanilla & custard but the vanilla custard tones the butterscotch down to where it is a very mute flavor right now.
Wish I had a pure butterscotch to try.

Yeah, exactly what I am doing. Vaped that mike bonds vape royale once and was tricked... menthol... yuk!
Now I'm happy to have it because that menthol is very potent. At least I don't have to waste the juices I actually like.
I will say the vape from that juice is a nice thick & smooth vape. I may pick up one of their non menthol juices to try.

Actually this morning I am starting to taste the pineapple along with the menthol. Yesterday it was only menthol that was coming through... light at the end of the tunnel :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
There are two flavors that I keep set aside for when I have a cold and such.

Both from BEJ.

Orange Vines (Orange and Licorice) and Jungle Juice which seems to have a bit of everything including a touch of mint.

If you can't taste those two flavors, you don't have a cold.

You are freaking DEAD

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a large bottle of very potent menthol I got a long time ago. It gives me relief, but little taste. I also vape up stuff I haven't been crazy about, but held on to. I also have several 60ml bottles of stuff that didn't make it to my faves in DIY poured together. Mystery mixes, lol.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get colds often and this is the first one since I started vaping (couple years) where I completely lost all taste.

I will definitely have a good strong flavor on hand for the next cold to come around. A licorice is a good idea too... I don't mind licorice. Always hated menthol but am very glad I happened to have some.

AndiPants

Member For 3 Years
*bump* old thread, I know. But I wanted to see how long it took to recover from this?

I'm smack in the middle of it. I can't taste food or my vape and life is grim.

~~Andi~~

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a bitch of a cold when I quit smoking and started vaping. Haven't had one as bad in the 14 months since. Used to get em twice a year like clockwork when I was on the coffin nails.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, so long ago I have no idea.
And yeah, colds are less frequent and don't last as long anymore :)

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just went through this, being new I was positive this was the dreaded vapor tongue I heard and read about. Vaped some wintergreen juice I was given form a shop. Nothing. I was so aggravated, imagine the morning I woke up and had flavor again. :bliss:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
a great vape for a cold is mix horehound with anise or absinthe and a tad of menthol the horehound is an atypical remedy in cough drops and sore throat lozenges

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have to agree about the Pseudoephedrine ,the Dr gave me a script for some cough syrup and it put me in a different world but kicked the shit out of my upper respritory infection.

VU Sponsors