Become a Patron!

Vaping with the GeekVape Aegis (Revenger X sold out)

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I was deciding to get the Revenger X because I already have the Revenger mini and like it. Wanted something with more power and longer battery life. Only issue is its sold out in the market and I can't order online. Deciding to get the Aegis from GeekVape.

However I have heard a lot of people say the battery life sucks and I also read recently that the battery only lasts for a handful of puffs at 100W and the device self adjusts to much lower wattage. Just curious what everyone thinks of it? I would assume I would be using the 26650 battery. With the Revenger Mini, I can make that last less than a day now. In the beginning it was lasting me almost 2 days. So I can definitely say my usage and watts are increasing. Any advice?

It comes with the shield tank and I would be using the 0.4Ohm coil

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an Aegis and like it very much. The battery lasts me pretty much the whole day at work on a full charge. However, I vape at between 40 and 50 watts. The mod does fine up to around 70 watts. This is NOT a high wattage mod. I would say the sweet spot for battery life and performance is right around 35 to 65 watts. If you vape higher then consider something else. I don't know of any single battery mod that will last that much longer unless you are vaping down in the 30's for wattage. Your best bet would be to stick to a dual battery mod if you're going to be pushing wattage much past 70. The Aegis's battery life only sucks if you are pushing the mod up around it's maximum. Also, if you do decide to get the Aegis be sure to upgrade the firmware if the one you get has the original 1.0 version. 1.23a is the latest update. It fixes some minor issues and does improve performance a bit.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just out of curiosity, what tank are you using? I don't think I've reached the level where I want to build my own coils. Just too lazy for it. And I want to avoid SMOK tanks. Every single one I've seen leaks juice. I would like an actual leak proof tank. Are the NRG tanks any good?

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use an Aspire Cleito, not the 120w model, just the regular Cleito. I've never owned a tank that was 100% leak proof, but the Cleito has been probably 95%. The other 5% have been my screw ups, coil not fully seated, cap not tight enough, etc. It's a great tank for flavor, and does pretty respectable clouds as well. The only real down side to them is the limited wattage. The highest rated coil for the Cleito is only 70w max. But if you vape in the 40 to 70w range they are a great tank.

I"ve never tried a Vaporesso NRG. I've heard they are a good tank, but have no personal experience with them. In my opinion the simpler the tank the better. The NRG is fairly simple so that's a plus. The only thing that would concern me is the slide fill style top, it seems to me to be a potential leak area. I much prefer a threaded screw on style top cap. Makes refilling a bit slower but has much less potential for leakage. But there are plenty of the slide fillers out there, so it must not be that much of an issue. :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use an Aspire Cleito, not the 120w model, just the regular Cleito. I've never owned a tank that was 100% leak proof, but the Cleito has been probably 95%. The other 5% have been my screw ups, coil not fully seated, cap not tight enough, etc. It's a great tank for flavor, and does pretty respectable clouds as well. The only real down side to them is the limited wattage. The highest rated coil for the Cleito is only 70w max. But if you vape in the 40 to 70w range they are a great tank.

I"ve never tried a Vaporesso NRG. I've heard they are a good tank, but have no personal experience with them. In my opinion the simpler the tank the better. The NRG is fairly simple so that's a plus. The only thing that would concern me is the slide fill style top, it seems to me to be a potential leak area. I much prefer a threaded screw on style top cap. Makes refilling a bit slower but has much less potential for leakage. But there are plenty of the slide fillers out there, so it must not be that much of an issue. :)
The Aspire Cleito is an awesome tank. It goes well with an Aegis too. I use one on mine cos it doesn't need high wattage.
I've been using a cleito for like two years and I've had like ten of them :)
Definitely recommend for @kirr45

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I asked about the NRG but I use the NRG SE which is the slightly smaller model. But it is a really good tank. Actually the slide top is really reliable. It's a tight slide so it has never leaked. The only issue I ever had was vaping at lower wattages making it leak from below the coil

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually think the cleito is better which is why I mentioned it. The NRG tank is just average. The se version and full size take same coils btw. I ended up with the se version thanks to damn TPD.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are the coils made of? I'm looking more towards the 0.4Ohm model. I'm trying to stay towards Kanthal and Clapton

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are the coils made of? I'm looking more towards the 0.4Ohm model. I'm trying to stay towards Kanthal and Clapton
They are Clapton coils. Btw I've been trying my NRG tank with a GT4 0.15 coil and it's not a bad vape. I ran out of cleito coils so decided to use THE NRG :)

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice. I'll probably get that. I was going to get the Aegis but they don't have the all black color that I want. Decided on the VooPoo Drag. Heard its good. Might put the Cleito on that. Any issues with leakage?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice. I'll probably get that. I was going to get the Aegis but they don't have the all black color that I want. Decided on the VooPoo Drag. Heard its good. Might put the Cleito on that. Any issues with leakage?
Mine never leaked but any tank can leak. If you want a 100% leakproof tank get the cleito exo. It's no adjustable airflow though

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly as long as the flavor is excellent I don't care too much about airflow control. THe only reason I used airflow control on my NRG SE is because it makes the flavor pop a little more

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'll find the same thing with a Ceito as well. A little airflow adjustment can make a difference in flavor. As an example I run it wide open for one of my favorites (gummy bear), and at about half open for my other favorite black cherry. Just experiment with it a bit, I think you'll really like the Cleito.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll find the same thing with a Ceito as well. A little airflow adjustment can make a difference in flavor. As an example I run it wide open for one of my favorites (gummy bear), and at about half open for my other favorite black cherry. Just experiment with it a bit, I think you'll really like the Cleito.
I have it half way it's so airy

VU Sponsors