Not open for further replies.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ummm. We hit 97 yesterday. With the climate change over the years, we now go from Winter right into summer. Spring only lasts maybe 2 weeks anymore. I miss the 4 beautiful months that we used to have.

I really feel for you folks still in freezing weather. I miss the snow, but like it best when I'm watching it from AZ.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
We're so spoiled.
phoenix_winter_storm_meme.jpg

Just Lil Clouds

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sorry to hear that. :( I hear these horror stories all the time. My brother is actually going through this right now... he had a 3 disk fusion (which I told him not to do!) and it doesn't seem to have helped him at all.

To this day I still do not understand why Doctors in this country still do fusions. It's basically putting concrete were the discs are.

I sure hope you guys can get some relief from the pain! You would think with all the advance in medicine that they could have found something by now.
They actually have found something, but for some ungodly reason they refuse to do it and the last i heard from a chiropractor they are trying to ban it in this country. Look up ARTIFICIAL DISC or TOTAL DISC REPLACEMENT.
They have been doing it in Germany since the 80's with great success. I know this because I researched it 12 years ago and I found a doctor here that would do it. All i can say is 11 years later I can not tell I ever had 2 surgeries.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow it's been a long time since I dropped in. Crazy this thread is still going strong. Hope everyone has been doing well.
:wave: Yup, we're still here! :)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ahhhhhhhhh... the sun is shining... we're supposed to hit 80 today!!! :D Have a great day y'all!!

ROS_sun_RGB_yellowface_400x400.jpg

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
To this day I still do not understand why Doctors in this country still do fusions. It's basically putting concrete were the discs are.

They actually have found something, but for some ungodly reason they refuse to do it and the last i heard from a chiropractor they are trying to ban it in this country. Look up ARTIFICIAL DISC or TOTAL DISC REPLACEMENT.
They have been doing it in Germany since the 80's with great success. I know this because I researched it 12 years ago and I found a doctor here that would do it. All i can say is 11 years later I can not tell I ever had 2 surgeries.

My father had a fusion back in the early 90s after shattering a vertebra or two. It helped him 100%. He went from being incapacitated back to full activity - digging and climbing on a daily basis as an electrician. He helped my brother build his house 20 years after having had the surgery. He never had another day's pain or incapacitation after having the fusion.

OTOH, I am a medical transcriptionist and hear far more reports of people with failed fusions, or no improvement after one than I do people like my dad. As someone with chronic back pain from two torn vertebrae and spinal canal narrowing, I have done plenty of research on back surgeries and I wonder if the problem is that they do fusions at the drop of a hat, maybe for things that fusion just can't fix. I've heard people say things like "if it can't move, it can't hurt." That sounds insane to me. In my experience, it seems like back pain is not always caused by one issue. A person with disc problems can have nerve root problems or spinal canal narrowing - things that can still be the same, or worse, after a fusion. Granted, they tell you that as part of the risks and possible benefits of surgery, but I think a lot of people don't understand R&B's like they should and expect surgery to FIX everything.

Sorry for the giant post, but it is something I know something about and it burns my britches when there is bad medical info out there. I am not saying anyone here gave bad info, just providing some myself from my POV.

Just Lil Clouds

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My father had a fusion back in the early 90s after shattering a vertebra or two. It helped him 100%. He went from being incapacitated back to full activity - digging and climbing on a daily basis as an electrician. He helped my brother build his house 20 years after having had the surgery. He never had another day's pain or incapacitation after having the fusion.

OTOH, I am a medical transcriptionist and hear far more reports of people with failed fusions, or no improvement after one than I do people like my dad. As someone with chronic back pain from two torn vertebrae and spinal canal narrowing, I have done plenty of research on back surgeries and I wonder if the problem is that they do fusions at the drop of a hat, maybe for things that fusion just can't fix. I've heard people say things like "if it can't move, it can't hurt." That sounds insane to me. In my experience, it seems like back pain is not always caused by one issue. A person with disc problems can have nerve root problems or spinal canal narrowing - things that can still be the same, or worse, after a fusion. Granted, they tell you that as part of the risks and possible benefits of surgery, but I think a lot of people don't understand R&B's like they should and expect surgery to FIX everything.

Sorry for the giant post, but it is something I know something about and it burns my britches when there is bad medical info out there. I am not saying anyone here gave bad info, just providing some myself from my POV.
I am very happy for your father I am glad he is one of the lucky ones. But you said yourself you have heard of more failed fusions. I don't feel I gave any bad medical information, I said to look up and research the artificial disc, as I have heard more positive from this, yet they want to ban it in this country. I only heard they want to ban it from a chiropractor so I do not know if it is true. Why is this not available worldwide yet?

https://premier-healthcare.eu/spine/artificial-disc-replacement
"
Disc replacement surgery in Germany
The first artificial disc was developed by a German surgeon in the 1980s. The technology has improved significantly over the years since its invention, and today there are many different types of artificial discs on the market.

German doctors have been leading the way in researching and implementing this relatively new procedure. The procedure is not yet widely available worldwide, but it is currently available in several spinal centers in Germany, including clinics in the Premier Healthcare Germany network. "

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I am very happy for your father I am glad he is one of the lucky ones. But you said yourself you have heard of more failed fusions. I don't feel I gave any bad medical information, I said to look up and research the artificial disc, as I have heard more positive from this, yet they want to ban it in this country. I only heard they want to ban it from a chiropractor so I do not know if it is true. Why is this not available worldwide yet?

https://premier-healthcare.eu/spine/artificial-disc-replacement
"
Disc replacement surgery in Germany
The first artificial disc was developed by a German surgeon in the 1980s. The technology has improved significantly over the years since its invention, and today there are many different types of artificial discs on the market.

German doctors have been leading the way in researching and implementing this relatively new procedure. The procedure is not yet widely available worldwide, but it is currently available in several spinal centers in Germany, including clinics in the Premier Healthcare Germany network. "

I didn't imply that you gave bad information. Conversely, i said "Sorry for the giant post, but it is something I know something about and it burns my britches when there is bad medical info out there. I am not saying anyone here gave bad info, just providing some myself from my POV."

I was actually happy to see your information because I know back surgery is in my future and I definitely don't want a fusion. I live with fairly bad pain, but knowing how unpredictable back surgery outcomes are, I won't even consider it until I literally cannot do my ADLs.

By "bad information" I was referring to articles and people who say or imply that back surgery is a predictable cure for back pain. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

:frog:

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
@LestatBP and @Just Lil Clouds , we should have a subforum under Health Related Issues just for back pain. There are a few members here that would certainly benefit from discussions there. I pray that you remain pain free and enjoy your weekend!

That would be cool. Sometimes just being able to vent to others who know what you are living with is helpful. I know people around me sometimes can't understand the severity of the pain and why I get discouraged sometimes when I can't do something I want.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I like that. What brand is it?
I'm assuming you're referring to the mod... That is the Blue Kanger Subox kit with a Jwrap on it. The drip tip is Ocean Tempest from Angel's Heavenly Designs.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That would be cool. Sometimes just being able to vent to others who know what you are living with is helpful. I know people around me sometimes can't understand the severity of the pain and why I get discouraged sometimes when I can't do something I want.

I'll start one later today. We should cut and past our discussions there then continue. I'll post here when it's up. Gotta go to Walgreen's.

Chuck has a full blown cold and it's now in his chest in only 30 hours. He has really bad asthma. If I catch it I'm a gonner. It will go right to my chest and I'll have Pneumonia for 6-8 weeks. Always happens. 104 fever - misery beyond belief. I'm wearing a mask and will sanitize all of the door knobs and to to extremes to avoid this.

Just Lil Clouds

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'll start one later today. We should cut and past our discussions there then continue. I'll post here when it's up. Gotta go to Walgreen's.

Chuck has a full blown cold and it's now in his chest in only 30 hours. He has really bad asthma. If I catch it I'm a gonner. It will go right to my chest and I'll have Pneumonia for 6-8 weeks. Always happens. 104 fever - misery beyond belief. I'm wearing a mask and will sanitize all of the door knobs and to to extremes to avoid this.
Wow that doesn't sound like fun, hope you can avoid that.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Went to Walgreen's to get cold meds for Chuck. Got him extra strength everything. However, I'm SO paranoid about getting the slightest sign of a cold (as it will turnout to be pneumonia anyway), I spoke with the pharmacist. He was nice enough to come out and show me the best of the best and said a surgical grade mask and gloves are the most important. I stocked up on Viral Flu Masks. It even controls the swine flu. I will be wearing a mask to bed and for several days. I'm tellin' ya - if I get this it's going to be bad. REALLY bad.

I spent enough to get the JDI Big Boss 250W Stab Wood TC Box Mod for $280.
On another note, vaping is a trip. I'll take a long hit then pull the mask back over my chin then exhale. It looks like my face is on fire. :cloud: :giggle:

Attachments

• The Cold-Flu Haul 5.5.18.1.jpg
    The Cold-Flu Haul 5.5.18.1.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 4
  • My Anti Sick Stuff.1.jpg
    My Anti Sick Stuff.1.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors