ECF Refugee
Reviewer
How does it work?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Interesting. Will you update us on this? If that works for your house, I want one for my car! The inside of my windows are freezing up, lol.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw that it was activated charcoal. Maybe I could have just bought some (no idea where you'd find that!) cheaper - but I was desperate :p

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm scouring Amazon to see. Everything I've seen so far only talks about the deodorizing qualities. Qualities? Not fully awake, but you know what I mean.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm scouring Amazon to see. Everything I've seen so far only talks about the deodorizing qualities. Qualities? Not fully awake, but you know what I mean.

Yes, I googled all over trying to find any reviews or alternatives. So I may just have been suckered in - but I guess I'll find out when I get here! I do know activated charcoal is used to induce vomiting...LOL

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh darn it! I finally read the small print at the bottom of the description. It's a 'smoke buddy junior.' Googling that tells me you have to exhale through it...LOLOL Wonder if it's too late to cancel the order!
http://www.smokebuddy.com/index.php/smokebuddy-junior-personal-air-filter.html

Edited to say kudos to Desert Vapes. I phoned them, and they cancelled my order! Oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time:p

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aw, well bummer! It was a good plan :)

I can't be the only person who has smeary windows and mirrors in the house, and yet I only hear people talking about car windows? They were thoroughly cleaned two weeks ago, and today they look really awful!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Kinda reminds me of a product I saw in an episode of Shark Tank.

An adult diaper type thing for people with irritable bowel disease that would muffle the sounds of a fart and had a carbon filter in the correct position to remove the smell.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda reminds me of a product I saw in an episode of Shark Tank.

An adult diaper type thing for people with irritable bowel disease that would muffle the sounds of a fart and had a carbon filter in the correct position to remove the smell.

LOLOL

So, I wonder if there's any sort of (cheap) air purifier that would just suck up the vapor in the house? Or alternatively I could just vape in the kitchen by the extractor fan over the stove:eek:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Not kidding. These are actually made and being sold.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do they work @UncleRJ ????
funnyfastblinking-2_zpsfee46ac2.gif
:D

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CE4QFjAA&url=http://www.amazon.com/b?node=3737411&ei=d-umVM7AHsKlyAT3tYDwAg&usg=AFQjCNFzzEtP7kH4v7HqYNzsQTON0-weZw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.aWw
I'm thinking about adding a filter to my current air purifiers. Yes, hubs has been bitching about the foggy windows. Last winter I had zero problems. However, I have better gear now.

I think I am going to try this first.
http://www.airfilters.com/14x24-fil...&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CO7b6qKB9sICFYY7MgodSX4ALQ

going to send hubs out locally to look for one. I do have a air filtration unit on central air/heat but does not eliminate the fog. On my other air purifiers I suppose I need to upgrade to larger units throughout the house. My windows look dirty all the time. I tried anti fog spray but that was a joke.

Fart underwear (LOL for sure).
http://www.flat-d.com/charcoal-underwear.html

I wonder if, though, a portable filter can extract without an exhaust? The charcoal would only be needed if the odor was offensive - mine is delicious custard, so that doesn't bother me!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
We really don't seem to have that problem.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but we normally have a scented candle or two burning.

?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We really don't seem to have that problem.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but we normally have a scented candle or two burning.

?

I usually have candles burning - but they won't remove the vapor! I wonder, now, whether this is a newish problem because I've started using so much Capella vanilla custard? I didn't have this problem last year, but then again it's only just got cold. And at this time last year I was vaping probably 3mls a day in a Triton clearo LOL I guess I should try a day without that particular custard and see if it's the culprit!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is trippy. Other than my bedroom and bathroom, it's about 55F in here. Perhaps it's the humidity?

Windows and mirrors are fine here and I vape 10-20ml a day of 20/80 PG/VG.
I do clean my monitor about once a week though, don't want it getting foggy. ;)

thidontknow.gif

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is trippy. Other than my bedroom and bathroom, it's about 55F in here.

Windows and mirrors are fine and I vape 10-20ml a day of 20/80 PG/VG. I do clean my monitor about once a week though, don't want it getting foggy. ;)

thidontknow.gif
Weird! Maybe it's because it's 70 inside and 32 outside at night? Maybe I have more windows? LOL

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Weird! Maybe it's because it's 70 inside and 32 outside at night? Maybe I have more windows? LOL

IDK, here in the Inland Empire, it's about 20F outside and 60-something inside for the most part, so I doubt it is the temperature differential.

You probably do have more windows though. ;)

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, it's the temperature differential. Your windows are acting as dehumidifiers and are literally sucking moisture out of the air in your house. If you do want to try exhaling through activated charcoal ... you'll have a water filter vendor in your city ... they will have bulk activated charcoal (it is used to remove the chlorine from drinking water). Or, at a bit of a premium any fish store (pet fish/aquarium) store will have activated charcoal by the jar (removes chemical impurities from aquarium water).

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a free vapor eliminator: take a small empty coke bottle, drill two holes in the cap and stick a straw through one of them, fill the bottle half-way with water, put the cap back on.

When you want to hide your clouds, exhale through the straw: the vapor will condense in the water. Also, you'll look like you're sipping a soda, instead of looking like you're chewing a garage door opener.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL I cancelled the original order because I'm not planning on sitting in my house blowing through anything! It's really just an annoyance, and it looks awful, but I just wondered why it only started happening in the past month. I'm going to look into inexpensive (and quiet) portable air filters - maybe that will help. I still find it hard to believe nobody else has this problem, though!

L

Lighty269

I picked up a Hunter Total Air Sanitizer with extra filters. It works great! I wish they made one for my truck.

VU Sponsors