Become a Patron!

Vapor residue

Evertking

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been vaping for a few years now and I was a 2 pack a day smoker before that. But it's not been till the last year or so that I finally put it together.. it's leaving a residue on everything. I'm sure most of you have gave your windshield a cussing.. my question is.. what is this doing to our lungs?? Can someone point me to a link of some credibiliable medical info? I took it as hey, it's gotta be better than cigs and never thought about it again. But now I'm 2+ years cigs free and vape 0 NIC and pretty sure I can put the mod down no problems, but I enjoy it. However, I would like to know what's going on.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well its nicotine PG VG and flavoring. That's basically a film of sugars.. when you smoked it was nicotine soot and tar...........

Is it good for you.. well vaping isn't as bad for you as smoking. That is a fact....
Is vaping bad for you. We do not know. We know it's not as bad a smoking.
But we also know NOT vaping is better for you than vaping

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

f4milytime

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well its nicotine PG VG and flavoring. That's basically a film of sugars.. when you smoked it was nicotine soot and tar...........

Is it good for you.. well vaping isn't as bad for you as smoking. That is a fact....
Is vaping bad for you. We do not know. We know it's not as bad a smoking.
But we also know NOT vaping is better for you than vaping

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Darn, Excellent nutshell explanation !!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been vaping for a few years now and I was a 2 pack a day smoker before that. But it's not been till the last year or so that I finally put it together.. it's leaving a residue on everything. I'm sure most of you have gave your windshield a cussing.. my question is.. what is this doing to our lungs?? Can someone point me to a link of some credibiliable medical info? I took it as hey, it's gotta be better than cigs and never thought about it again. But now I'm 2+ years cigs free and vape 0 NIC and pretty sure I can put the mod down no problems, but I enjoy it. However, I would like to know what's going on.

I vape +85% PG; I have zero residue. But when I've tried vaping 67%PG/33%VG, I had such a "residue" in my lungs, it felt like a hairball I couldn't cough up, and I woke that night with such a dreadful asthma attack, I almost couldn't even inhale from my rescue inhaler. So now I stick to +85% PG; it doesn't glue my airways closed.

Andria

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't really remember which forum it was on but someone said they went to their doctor to get a checkup, including lung xray. The scar tissue in their lungs was healing! Their doctor theorized that the extra moisture in the vapor was keeping it wet enough so the lungs could heal themselves. That is a pretty good theory from where I'm standing :)

I can say the last time I got sick with a cough, vaping would actually smooth my air passageways. It wasn't like, medically so, but enough that it was pleasant to do with a cough.
It builds up like crazy on my windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Evertking

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I vape +85% PG; I have zero residue. But when I've tried vaping 67%PG/33%VG, I had such a "residue" in my lungs, it felt like a hairball I couldn't cough up, and I woke that night with such a dreadful asthma attack, I almost couldn't even inhale from my rescue inhaler. So now I stick to +85% PG; it doesn't glue my airways closed.

Andria
Wow, that would have been awful!! And now that you say that, my situation makes sense now. For the first year I vaped a mostly PG menthol vape (I was a 2 pack a day menthol smoker) and as I progressed on into vape land ;) I moved away from my Nautilus and on to drippers and VG based sweet e liquids and now I have noticed this. But after some reading I'm not as worried as I was. From what I have read, the same ingredients are used in some respitory treatments. I have hardwood floors in my home and I have noticed my floors being slick..

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that would have been awful!! And now that you say that, my situation makes sense now. For the first year I vaped a mostly PG menthol vape (I was a 2 pack a day menthol smoker) and as I progressed on into vape land ;) I moved away from my Nautilus and on to drippers and VG based sweet e liquids and now I have noticed this. But after some reading I'm not as worried as I was. From what I have read, the same ingredients are used in some respitory treatments. I have hardwood floors in my home and I have noticed my floors being slick..

If the high VG a) doesn't bother your lungs, and b) you like the clouds, then I wouldn 't worry about the residue... unless you're one of those "compulsive housecleaners"... then, it might be a problem. :giggle: There's nothing dangerous about VG, unless one happens to be allergic to it; it's just too thick for some of us to inhale in any great quantity.

Andria

AndiPants

Member For 3 Years
I find a good old fashion salt water gargle helps with any kind of build up in the throat and mouth. I started it years ago when I got tonsil stones.

~~Andi~~

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
However, I would like to know what's going on.

My wife does not smoke or vape, Evertking, and I never vape in her car but she constantly has to remove a sticky semi-solid film from the inside of her windshield. A long time ago I had a '62 Pontiac Parisienne with cloth seats and almost no plastics in the interior. It never had a film inside the window. Every car I had after that had plastic interiors and they all left a film so I expect the plastics are causing the film and not the vaping. Of course that causes me to wonder what these plastic films are doing to our lungs.

VU Sponsors