Become a Patron!

Vapor Shark DNA 250

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want but don't need to have this mod immediately. With the 15% discount they're running through tonight, it comes out to about $162; worth pulling the trigger now or wait a while and see if the price slowly comes down? I know most VS products don't usually fall off price sharply in any type of short time.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my VS DNA200. The 250 is the same enclosure with a different chip. One thing to consider is anything over 22mm will over hang.

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love my VS DNA200. The 250 is the same enclosure with a different chip. One thing to consider is anything over 22mm will over hang.
I'm not really fussy about a little overhang, sitting flush all that lol. It's a nice looking mod and I've been wanting a VS since back when they were putting out the 40. No interest in the Flask style though. I'm just wondering if $162 is a pretty good deal or worth waiting awhile.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Personally I think it's a good deal.
But, I have a pair of everything they've made since the dna30s so, I'm biased.

Like skt said, you will have overhang but with the skin a 24 will fit flush or damn near flush.
Also, keep in mind your battery time.
I get roughly 4-5 hours at 55/60w. To counter that, I tend to top it off once or twice a day-to-day which is really quick to do and lets me get through a day easily.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally I think it's a good deal.
But, I have a pair of everything they've made since the dna30s so, I'm biased.

Like skt said, you will have overhang but with the skin a 24 will fit flush or damn near flush.
Also, keep in mind your battery time.
I get roughly 4-5 hours at 55/60w. To counter that, I tend to top it off once or twice a day-to-day which is really quick to do and lets me get through a day easily.

OK thanks man! I'm not too worried about the battery lasting all day, this mod won't leave the house really. My job is a bit rough on mods so I never take high end stuff to work. I'm thinking this thing will look good on the end table next to the recliner though! Lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK thanks man! I'm not too worried about the battery lasting all day, this mod won't leave the house really. My job is a bit rough on mods so I never take high end stuff to work. I'm thinking this thing will look good on the end table next to the recliner though! Lol
For that it really is ideal... The best part of them is the support after POS.
I've had a dna40 go in for a new case after it was a year and a half old. All they charged was 25$.
I've also had a flask go in for a chip upgrade from the 200 to the 250.
One thing about vs, in my experience they take care of their customers.

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For that it really is ideal... The best part of them is the support after POS.
I've had a dna40 go in for a new case after it was a year and a half old. All they charged was 25$.
I've also had a flask go in for a chip upgrade from the 200 to the 250.
One thing about vs, in my experience they take care of their customers.

I remember when I bought my first Provari, VS was making their name for themselves as the one company taking on being considered on par with Provape and that customer service was a big foundation they built off of.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not really fussy about a little overhang, sitting flush all that lol. It's a nice looking mod and I've been wanting a VS since back when they were putting out the 40. No interest in the Flask style though. I'm just wondering if $162 is a pretty good deal or worth waiting awhile.

Well worth it. I paid $120 for mine but it was used (in practically mint condition) and I would easily pay $162 for a new 250. I use mine everyday and it shows...

IMG_8937.JPG

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I remember when I bought my first Provari, VS was making their name for themselves as the one company taking on being considered on par with Provape and that customer service was a big foundation they built off of.
Yeah I remember that too!
In fact I went from a P2.5 to a DNA30 that I bought from a provarinati because she said she couldn't figure out the board.
I got that in a few months after it released, and havent looked back, I've been lucky to get the last few rounds before release and couldn't ask for a better mod.
Back then a 30w mod smaller than a pack of cigarettes was groundbreaking.

I'm just glad VS stayed with the curve and didn't fall behind.

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I remember that too!
In fact I went from a P2.5 to a DNA30 that I bought from a provarinati because she said she couldn't figure out the board.
I got that in a few months after it released, and havent looked back, I've been lucky to get the last few rounds before release and couldn't ask for a better mod.
Back then a 30w mod smaller than a pack of cigarettes was groundbreaking.

I'm just glad VS stayed with the curve and didn't fall behind.

Lol, that board and all was why I stayed away! I was like that's too much. Even now, the 4 DNA's I have are underutilized by most standards, I've never hooked them up to Escribe. That's definitely an attraction of this VS, they come set up. I know Steve generously shares his user profiles but I don't have easy access to a pc so I use the ones I have in power mode only, which is fine with me really anyway. They work great and well made.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks!

The wifey let me pick our Valentine's Day dinner destination... only the finest for me and my lady.
That is gorgeous!!!
It looks right with the fold cap on the black barrel too.
- nice to see your wife has good taste in charred flesh.
Lol, that board and all was why I stayed away! I was like that's too much. Even now, the 4 DNA's I have are underutilized by most standards, I've never hooked them up to Escribe. That's definitely an attraction of this VS, they come set up. I know Steve generously shares his user profiles but I don't have easy access to a pc so I use the ones I have in power mode only, which is fine with me really anyway. They work great and well made.
Oh dude, you really don't need escribe to get a great vape from that board.
I'm a fiddler so, I've had to; but, it is certainly not necessary.
If you do TC, these things with SS were a total game changer for me.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Alritey, pulled the trigger on it! Hopefully have it by end of the week. Couldn't find a place to apply their Valentine's discount code though, I left a note in the order comments, I hope they apply it. But if not, still money well spent.
It really is... I paid 220$ (I think) when the 200 was on preorder and haven't had a single regret.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I paid $180 for my 250. It is one of the best investments I've made, vaping-wise. I love absolutely everything about it.

Enjoy your new 250, BuryTheSun! Hope it gets to you soon.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alritey, pulled the trigger on it! Hopefully have it by end of the week. Couldn't find a place to apply their Valentine's discount code though, I left a note in the order comments, I hope they apply it. But if not, still money well spent.
If they didn't apply it, I would give them a call ((855) 827-3669). They are known to have excellent customer service. I hope you enjoy your new mod! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If they didn't apply it, I would give them a call ((855) 827-3669). They are known to have excellent customer service. I hope you enjoy your new mod! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks Steve! I did email them shortly before noon and they got back to me and gave store credit, which is cool with me as they have some nice rda's I'll use it towards.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are you getting the Vape Shield with your DNA? The waterproofing, I mean, not the silicone cover.

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you getting the Vape Shield with your DNA? The waterproofing, I mean, not the silicone cover.
No, to be honest I didn't even know what that was. I did get a silicone cover though. This mod will rarely leave the house and most likely have a rta on it mostly, so even if there's a little leakage it'll be minimal.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No, to be honest I didn't even know what that was. I did get a silicone cover though. This mod will rarely leave the house and most likely have a rta on it mostly, so even if there's a little leakage it'll be minimal.
Make sure not to let the leaked fluid pool around the bottom of the mod. If you get liquid under the display cover you won't be able to get it out without sending it back to Vapor Shark. Just so you know!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Make sure not to let the leaked fluid pool around the bottom of the mod. If you get liquid under the display cover you won't be able to get it out without sending it back to Vapor Shark. Just so you know!
With 8 vaporshark boxes and 2 flasks and several 'oops' leaks, I've never had that happen.
That said, the spray coating emusic mentioned is 20$(methinks) and will coat all the electrical components inside the mod.
I've never had it done, because evolv warranties the board and they use a coating there.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With 8 vaporshark boxes and 2 flasks and several 'oops' leaks, I've never had that happen.
That said, the spray coating emusic mentioned is 20$(methinks) and will coat all the electrical components inside the mod.
I've never had it done, because evolv warranties the board and they use a coating there.

I'm happy to hear it never happened to you. It happened to me and Vapor Shark quickly replaced the unit. My new unit works flawlessly.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm happy to hear it never happened to you. It happened to me and Vapor Shark quickly replaced the unit. My new unit works flawlessly.
Damn, that's the first I've heard of it.
Glad they replaced it though

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the heads up man, I'll definitely keep on top keeping er dry

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of the best mods IMHO. I love my 200. I wrapped it with the rosewood skin. I get more handcheck requests than any other non mech device I own LOL. I do prefer using 22mm devices for sure and most of those are flavor chasers but there's a lot to choose from. The petri is very nice. I have a 22mm black goon that looks great.

Everyone complains about battery life on it. I've used my baby beast at 80W, chucks great and makes it through the day with moderate use. It charges FAST though. If I really need to hit something I've got plenty of other things to keep my craving satisfied while it charges. Most of my trips in the car are long enough that by the time I get where I'm going it's 100% or close when I stop. I use a 2.1A USB charger.

I paid $150 for mine, it was about six months old (new, sitting on shelf) and completely dead. Had to do recovery in escribe to get the lipo to charge but it's working fine and has been since last summer. Even if the lipo was shot, they're like ten bucks to replace.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome dude!!! Happy to hear!!!!

BuryTheSun

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gotta say I'm liking this mod a lot. Been using it pretty hard this past week. Have it set up right now with the Azeroth on it with dual ss staggered fused claptons(and unfortunately I have the first run azeroth with shorter screws and offset juice fill, bit of a bitch getting these bigger coils in it!) Been flipping between straight power mode and the preset ss profile. Definitely money well spent on a solid device!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome dude!!! Glad to here!!!
Mine has been playing musical toppers lately.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have to say thanks again for the information and opinions man, much appreciated.
No worries brother!!! Always happy to see someone loving their gear!

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a New VS DNA250 and I'm probably never going to use it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just not a fan of lipo and I don't like that the screen is on the bottom. I already carry a therion DNA166 and a Cartel Revenant.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a New VS DNA250 and I'm probably never going to use it...

I have a lot of near shelf queens. They all get used now and then.
The lipo isn't bad since it charges at 2A.
I'm sure tapped out at 250W it will drop (almost) as fast as the juice in a TFV12. ;)

VU Sponsors