Become a Patron!

Vaporesso 75w target pro - settings help!

Lem87

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hiya, could use some help with the settings on the vaporesso 75w target pro. Just got this today and seen online a lot of people having issues with dry/burnt hits with the SS ccell coils (mines 0.5). What wattage/temp works the best? Read somewhere it's best to start at 5w then work up to around 25-30w but not sure what temperature I would set it to with that? Scared of ruining the coil! Any help would be appreciated thanks :)!

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Variable Wattage and Variable Temperature both follow the same basic principle when breaking in a new coil head, start low and gradually bump up the power/temperature.

VW - starting at 5w is pretty device specific, namely a lower end powered mouth to lung clearomizer in the 5 to max 20watts range, but the principle is still the same in power mode even with a sub-ohm direct to lung tank. Generally I suggest starting at the lowest rating of the coil head, for sub-ohm tanks that is generally between 20-30 watts, then about every 20 minutes constant use, bump the watts up about 5watt incriments until you reach an enjoyable vape, its not the coil that burns out first it is the more fragile wicking that needs to get exercised up to full potential, moment you get a harsh, not dry hit, back the power down 5 to 10 watts, that will be the sweet spot for that coil coupled with the juice you are using, nic strength, and pg/vg ratio, moment you get a scorched hit, especially with those ceramic ccell coils you have scorched the wicking, the coil head is done and burnt out.

VT - like the method with VW, set the temperature lower than you normally use with a new coil head, and gradually step up the temperature about 10 degrees every 20minutes of constant use, theoretically you should never reach the scorch temp with VT, so it is a play by feel of the vape, if you feel the vape ramp up temp then start throttling down cooler over half the time you fire, lower the temperature back down to just above what the mod is throttling down to

Both methods are dependent to the end user, there is no one all catch all silver bullet setting, each user, each liquid, each coil, each mod, each nic strength, and each pg/vg ratio is different, just a general guidance is all that can be given. Example all things the same, from liquid to mod and everything being the same and identical, two sepperate users you'll see two sepperate settings due to two different vaping preferences and styles.

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hiya, could use some help with the settings on the vaporesso 75w target pro. Just got this today and seen online a lot of people having issues with dry/burnt hits with the SS ccell coils (mines 0.5). What wattage/temp works the best? Read somewhere it's best to start at 5w then work up to around 25-30w but not sure what temperature I would set it to with that? Scared of ruining the coil! Any help would be appreciated thanks :)!

Well, I have the Target mini and I operate it in SS316 TC mode at 340F.

There does not seem to be anything posted online about safe vaping temperatures. There is, however, some material about decomposition and combustion temperatures for various substances.

An Australian company has posted some of these useful physical properties at: http://www.tcforensic.com.au/docs/article10.html

Some woods start to char at 120° C (250° F)

Paper starts to yellow at 150° C (300° F)

Hay ignites at 172° C (340° F)

Cotton ignites at around 250° C (480° F)

One thing I have noticed is that the cost per puff rises dramatically with higher power or temperature levels.

VU Sponsors