Become a Patron!

Vaporesso estoc ceramic euc coils gone wrong

So I've had this tank (Vaporeeso Estoc Mega) for about a month now and gone through 8 coils (0.5ohm ceramic euc coils rated 25-35 watts). All of these coils have been perfect, perfect, perfect. Amazing flavour and vapor. 2 days ago I was using it on my kanger subbox while waiting for my xcube ultra to come in the mail. The coil I was using was going perfectly but it felt a bit harsh and I felt it needed to be changed. So I took out my 9th from a pack of 10 and it felt so different. By different I mean it didn't sound the same as the previous ones (made a nice crackle but never spits liquid up) and the taste of my juice wasn't as strong with a slight burning sort of taste. These coils do have some cotton in them and I'm sure it wasn't he taste of burnt cotton.

Are you priming them first very well for about 10 mins or so? I have the Vaporesso Pro with a EUC 0.3Ohm coil and have used it for well over a year and the EUC coils since they came out about 6 months or so ago or whatever and I'm easily getting 2-3 weeks from ONE coil....literally, ZERO exaggeration whatsoever. I plug in the coil, drip a single drop down the center just to wet the inside a TINY bit then fill the tank and take about 5-10 dry hits and then a couple fired hits on about 20W only a couple hits, then let it sit a few mins, take a few dry hits then a couple more fired ones on say about 23W and I do that about 4 times over the course of about 10 mins then once I'm at about 25-27W I can set it to 25-30W (they do vary a tiny bit and the juice can need a lower or higher firing wattage) but then it's good to go and I don't have to touch it for a couple weeks...as soon as I need to start turning up wattage to get a good hit I now it's time to either change coils or clean my coils by cranking the wattage WAY up to about 300 or so on say SS mode and dry fire it for 1-3 seconds and then it cool WAAAY down, then do it again and repeat about 10 times but don't fire too long and don't hold too long or you will pop it.....once I do this I juice it back up like mentioned up top and I can get another awesome week or two out of it before I finally just change it. That's the best way I've found to prime and clean them for maximum taste and longevity and been doing it for well over a year. You shouldn't be at your 9th coil for at least a couple months literally, and even that seems too soon. I go through 15 coils in about 4 months....maybe 4.5 as I get 3 weeks out of one if I prime it well and then clean it carefully to squeeze that extra week out of it. Give that a shot. I'm using a Vporesso Tank just the regular EUC one but the larger one not the rounded top cap one, and 0.3Ohm EUC ceramic and burning them at about 25-28W or 320-380 on the stainless setting and they last about the same either way. Good luck!

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I fell in love with the Estoc tanks but the same problem popped up within 4-5 weeks. I went ahead and finally was able to dig out the old seal. At first I thought maybe it was gone and tried to cram the replacement in. It broke trying to screw the cap back on. Took it apart and finally got to the original seal and finally figured out how to get the second one in. Put it down in the slot and keep feeding it till it goes to the bottom and then it will have a little extra room to expand and fill in. Testing it out now to see how well she wicks. This coil might be shot so I may have to go to another coil to truly see how well the replacement seal works. Luckily I have multiple tanks so I had an extra seal to try. So far I believe it is working better. I'm already getting better flavor.

If this works, I will want to find a way to get more seals of the same size so that I have backups.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm back to say that the seal change absolutely worked. All three of my tanks are working well. I just wish Vaporesso would've put in the better seal in the first place.

VU Sponsors