Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Estoc Tank

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually use RTAs, but I have been wanting to try ceramic coils for a long time. I just got the new Vaporesso Estoc Mega Tank to give them a try. Vaporesso has been known for their ceramic coils and figured this would be a good tank to try them with. They are using what they call an EUC coil and instead of changing out an entire coil you change out the core. It came with a 0.5 ceramic EUC coil, but also included a 0.4 Kanthal clapton EUC coil, which is nice.

It's a simple tank and looks nice. It's an easy top fill, came with a nice Delrin drip tip and the airflow is similar to my Merlin RTAs. The airflow isn't as wide open as some tanks, but still gets plenty of air. I have been using it with the ceramic core and the flavor has been good, I haven't tried it with the traditional core yet though. The flavors has been good and wicks well. The tank does get a bit warm but the Delrin DT never heated up. It also came with a couple of silicon caps to insulate the top. I haven't had any seeping, leaking or gurgling so far. The build quality is nice, holds 4ml and easy to fill. I'm liking this tank so far and I like the idea behind the EUC cores. The EUC cores are easy to change and are pretty inexpensive, I'm looking forward to trying the kanthal clapton.

estoc2_zpslyl8y1wg.jpg
estoc1_zpstnpjckbk.jpg

And here it is on my trusty VT133 and on my Voidray(changed the drip tips to look matchy matchy)

estoc4_zpsf0fs6fz6.jpg
estoc3_zpshmb64zty.jpg

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fill us in whith your experience of this tank. Flavor, juice consumption and the lifespan of the coils
I've had this tank just under a week, so can't speak to coil longevity, but it's still holding up well. The flavor is good, this is my first ceramic coil, but just seems to have a clean taste. The juice consumption has been great so far. I've been vaping mostly some Grape Geeks by V3, which is a juice I like at lower wattages, 25-30w. The ceramic coil is 0.50 and I've been vaping it at 28w and with my Merlin RTA, same juice, on a 0.95 clapton at 30w. I easily go through juice twice as fast with the Merlin RTA. I think this tank is better for lower/medium wattages, the airflow doesn't really open up for higher wattages. So far, it's a nice little tank and very budget friendly.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had nothing but dry hits on both coils that came with it. I primed both, even put the ceramic in a bowl of eliquid for 30 minutes. Get 1 ok pull, then 2nd is getting dry, then 3rd is completely dry. That's with the ceramic. The regular cotton coil if I let the tank sit for at least 10 minutes I get 1 decent pull, then second is dry hit city. I don't know if I have a faulty tank or coils, or it just sucks. Hoping others will end up with a fix for me to try :(

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I switched out the ceramic coil a couple days ago, it only lasted about a week. It was pretty gunked up and flavor had really dropped off. I replaced it with the EUC 0.50 Clapton coil and I gotta say, I like this coil much better. The air flow is much smoother and more open, the flavor is much better and my tank has been staying cooler even though I'm running it at a higher wattage(42w) than the ceramic(28w).

The ceramic started alright, but seemed to fall off fairly quick, but this clapton is really good.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought the tank today, Glad I ordered the standard coils. I have to try this tank out.....LOL, but I was apprehensive on the ceramics

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought the tank today, Glad I ordered the standard coils. I have to try this tank out.....LOL, but I was apprehensive on the ceramics
Good choice then! This was my first try with a ceramic coil, so really didn't have anything to compare it to. I like the standard coil, just gotta see how long it holds up.

Calista

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had my Estoc since 11-1. Loved it so much I bought another for another mod. I get long life out of the coils. Sadly, it's now leaking from the airflow vents. Started to happen only when I had the top off for filling, I'd have to dab around the airflow vents afterwards. Today I removed it and there's a puddle of liquid on the top of my device. I opened the airflow and tilted it a tiny bit and liquid is just seeping out of the airflow. Any idea why this is suddenly happening and what a fix is?

Calista

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WTF?! Last night I opened up my unused backup Estoc and had the same leakage. There's nothing missing, no missing o-ring or anything. The first one worked pretty great for a month. What is going on?

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WTF?! Last night I opened up my unused backup Estoc and had the same leakage. There's nothing missing, no missing o-ring or anything. The first one worked pretty great for a month. What is going on?
Damn, I was just about to buy this but leaking scared me away. Calista, if you ever find the reason and solution, post here.

Calista

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn, I was just about to buy this but leaking scared me away. Calista, if you ever find the reason and solution, post here.
I've been using it again and only filling it "near" the top, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a certain capacity if you can't fill it. So far it's been okay. Just note that I was filling the older one to the tippy top without any issues for a month. I'm using the newer one now. Good luck!

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been using it again and only filling it "near" the top, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a certain capacity if you can't fill it. So far it's been okay. Just note that I was filling the older one to the tippy top without any issues for a month. I'm using the newer one now. Good luck!
So if you fill it to like 90% it's not leaking ?

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good choice then! This was my first try with a ceramic coil, so really didn't have anything to compare it to. I like the standard coil, just gotta see how long it holds up.
Hey, can you post updates of how long the clapton heads last in general ? Is this device capable of MTL or the air holes are too big for that ? I see these coils on fasttech for 10$~ a 10-pack, it's very cheap, is the flavor similar to say.. a uwell crown coil ?

Calista

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, can you post updates of how long the clapton heads last in general ? Is this device capable of MTL or the air holes are too big for that ? I see these coils on fasttech for 10$~ a 10-pack, it's very cheap, is the flavor similar to say.. a uwell crown coil ?
I can't comment on the uwell crown coil. Up until the leaking, I was LOVING the Estoc. No spitting. I use the EUC ceramic coils insert thingies. Tastes better after a little while (hours, not days) when it's broken in. First time I changed it after three weeks just because I figured I "should" and not because of burnt taste.
As far as the fill percentage, I'm filling less than 90. I fill it to where the stem fans out just to be on the safe side. I don't believe I was over filling it in the past. It could POSSIBLY be that the coil sleeve came loose while opening and closing the airflow. I just don't know. If you get it, make sure that's tight, and when you close the airflow during fill, close it ALL THE WAY, but don't push it beyond that or you may loosen things up.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They usually last me a couple weeks, just depends how heavy I use it and what kind of juice. I never had a UWell Crown, I usually use RTAs/RDAs, but have been pleasantly impressed with the flavor. I get a nice, moist, dense vape. I wouldn't say, it's built for true MTL, but you can get a kinda airy MTL/restricted DTL from it. I use it as a restricted DTL vape and still enjoy it. Since, most of my tanks are rebuildables it's nice to have a a tank that provides nice flavor, inexpensive coils and quick and easy to maintain.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't comment on the uwell crown coil. Up until the leaking, I was LOVING the Estoc. No spitting. I use the EUC ceramic coils insert thingies. Tastes better after a little while (hours, not days) when it's broken in. First time I changed it after three weeks just because I figured I "should" and not because of burnt taste.
As far as the fill percentage, I'm filling less than 90. I fill it to where the stem fans out just to be on the safe side. I don't believe I was over filling it in the past. It could POSSIBLY be that the coil sleeve came loose while opening and closing the airflow. I just don't know. If you get it, make sure that's tight, and when you close the airflow during fill, close it ALL THE WAY, but don't push it beyond that or you may loosen things up.
I was kinda getting that with the ceramic coils as well and started to leave a little more air gap and seemed to work better. I don't use the ceramic ones anymore, I really prefer the standard ones and they hold up very well.

I LOVE this tank, I have had several Vaporesso Ceramic coil tanks and these new coils are the best in my opinion. I bought the Attitude Kit and used the Ceramic coil and I tasted notes in my juice I never tasted before and I am a Dripper. I bought a second tank to go on another Mod, I thought I would try the Clapton coils and I was so surprised that it had a weird flavor or at least to me it did. I used it for about an hour then I switched to ceramic. I guess we are all different....Love to all...Kim
UPDATE: i have now used the Clapton coil for a week while waiting for my ceramics from Fasttech, they do taste great with a little Break in time I find. For me it took two or three tanks but now it's awesome. Love to all... Kim

Last edited:

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got this tank a few weeks ago too and I'm testing it side by side with the Melo 3 Mini 1ohm rebuildable coils, T22 endura 1.6ohm MTL, aromamizer supreme (dual and single coil clapton/alien coils) and somehow this Estoc Mega is lacking taste, it has a bit weird taste but it's not really as good as the melo 3 mini. I'm using the estoc with 0.5ohm clapton coils at 20-30W, it feels almost a bit burnt at 30W ? or maybe not burnt but definitely some weird taste, like it's a dry hit but i'ts wicking well so it's a rather cottony taste, I vaped 2 full tanks on it (slowly in a week, not my main device). Not sure if this coil is faulty or this is the normal taste of the claptons. I wanted this to be an MTL device for my parents but I can deep lung hit this easily, so it's not really an MTL vape, not even close to an Innokin T22 endura or Kayfun V3 mini.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can anyone help me telling me where this little o-ring goes? .. came out after cleaning the tank....
mX0Z5cY.jpg
Pretty sure that is the deal that goes up into the top inside of the chimney.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the SS version, its been on a Pico for several months now, but in rotation with 3 other mods and tanks, Still vaping like a charm and no leaks so far.
4611ddba-9e38-43a4-8ca2-1ad89093e561_zpsaiokmulw.jpg

Can anyone help me telling me where this little o-ring goes? .. came out after cleaning the tank....
mX0Z5cY.jpg
Hello I believe (my tank is in use right now)the o-ring if your talking about the small clear one ( roughly 1/2" in diameter) goes in the inside top of the base part which screws into your vape mod unit(very bottom part in your photo). Turn it over. I own a Vaporesso Nebula & my tank is the newer version(similar but updated). I hope this helps just seen your question today, I don't know why more people are using Vaporesso products cause they rock!!(vape mods & their tanks with ceramic coils with long life & great taste! I'm sold! Thanks Jim

VU Sponsors