Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Luxe XR Max Kit CMF Version - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hiya folks!!

Wish you all had a good New Year party or at least that you had some fun :)

Time for another review,the Vaporesso Luxe XR Max Kit CMF Version which was sent to me by my friends over at Sourcemore for the purposes of this review.

Best way to get started is with some visual aids so you can get a quick impression of the type of device i am reviewing today:

breakdown.JPG

Breakdown of components:

breakdown 2.JPG

Colors:

colors.JPG

Specs:

specs.JPG

Main features:

main characteristics.JPG

Corex technology:

COREX.JPG

Coils:

coils.JPG

Cartridge compatibility:

compatible cartidges.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Get rid of the plastic wrap,remove the outer sleeve and voila there you have the contents of the box which include:

1 Vaporesso LUXE XR Max Battery
1 Vaporesso LUXE XR Pod(DTL)
1 GTX 0.2ohm Mesh Coil
1 GTX 0.4ohm Mesh Coil
1 Type-C Cable
1 User manual and warranty card

Pod is properly wrapped on the left side,right side you have a small flat box which containts the Manual & Warranty Card and if you remove that flat little box you will find the spare coil and the Type-C charging cable.

Color pod i got was the Glacier Blue,looks pretty good but the weight of the device itself is what impressed me.
Well it does pack a 2800 mAh battery so yeah it does have some weight to it,i have big hands but i had no problem getting a comfortable hold on the mod.

Screen wise it does look a bit small,for those of us that have reached the age where we need glasses yeah i had to put them on a couple of times since it was hard to read.
The Luxe XR Max has a 0.54 inch OLED screen,it also has 2* RGB LED Light one at each side of the screen,they look good but if you prefer not to have the lights there is an option in menu to do so.

You have 3 buttons on the front,the fire button is a physical button but the up and down buttons are tactile in nature.
Also where the screen is you get a portion of the pod device that is see thru,you can actually see some of the electronic components,does look pretty cool i must say.

Menu operation is quite simple:

-5 clicks of the fire button to turn on/off the device

-4 clicks will get you into the menu where you can choose to:
-Option to turn off/on the LEDS
-Smart mode on or off,if you leave it on it will automatically choose the best wattage for the coil that is installed at that moment
-Reset puf counter (caps at 999)
-Return to the main screen

-3 clicks to adjust the power,use the up and down tactile buttons to adjust your wattage and then just press the fire button to lock it in.

The LEDS will also let you know the current state of your battery:

Green/Cyan LED: You got 60 and 100% of battery
Cyan/Blue Led: You got 30 and 60% of battery
Blue/Red Led: You got 0 and 30% of battery

Airflow control is on the side,you can push it down or up depending on how you like your airflow.
Does seem to do the job although i would have preferred some ''click'' when you move it up or down,that way you can know exactly where your airflow is at.
By click i mean you push it up once and click it falls into place,same if you go up again...click another time and so on and so on.
Without that click you're just kinda eyeballing where you have your airflow at,minor gripe not a deal breaker.

Refilling is quite easy,the cartridge has a rubber tab on the bottom,pull up and rotate outwards and you can fill the cartridge with whatever e-liquid you want.

Been using it for 5 days and happy to report that i had no leaking issues whatsoever,my OCD kinda made me look at the bottom of the pod with the cartridge removed just to make sure over and over but nothing,dry as a whistle.

Vaping time:

Ok since the GTX 0.2ohm Mesh Coil was preinstalled i decided to start with this one.
The 0.2 ohm coil is rated 45 to 60 watts,as per usual it is always best to leave the coil sitting in the e-liquid for at least 10 minutes and if you prime it before putting it in the cartridge that is even better.

So,coil is well soaked up with the nectar of the gods and i am ready to get started and see how this device performs.

Like always with drop in coils i like to break them in,i started this one at 30 watts and then went on a bit higher each time i took a couple of puffs.

This device does not have auto draw,while recording my video i kept on forgetting it didn't have auto draw and i just sucked on the pod and got nothing hehe

As a reminder i always use the same e-liquid for all my reviews:

Shiva aroma,70/30 proportion and 6mg of nic,that is what i always use to i can get a real way to compare taste,flavor profile and the general performance of the coils i am using.

After a couple of days of using the 0.2 ohm coil i switched to the GTX 0.4 ohm coil which is rated at 26 to 32 watts,with this coil i played around with the airflow and the wattage and settled once i found my sweet spot which was half of the airflow closed and 24 watts.

Depending on your wattage it may vary but you will get about 400 puffs out of it before you need to charge it,depends greatly on the coils and wattage you using,using or not the LED Lights,....also the length of the puffs.

Charging time is ok,takes about 90 minutes to get it charged to full so that is not bad for a battery of this size.

One thing i like about this pod device is the amount of options you have when it comes to coils and style of vaping.
Since you have 3 cartridges to choose from )DTL,RTL and MTL) and 8 different coils to choose from,so whatever your style of vaping is you will find the one for you with this device.

This is a really good thing since you can always switch it around depending on your vaping ''mood'',tired of DTL and want some hard hitting MTL? well no problem,remove cartridge and put in another one,easy peasy.

PROS:

-Colorful futuristic design
-Well built,you can get a good firm grip on it and you get a sensation that its a durable and well made device
-Cross-compatible with the other LUXE pods and coils
-Good size battery which allows you DTL for a long time before you need to recharge
-2 coils included in the box,always a plus that Vaporesso goes the extra mile and gives you a spare coil,some other brands go the ''cheapo'' route and just give you the one coil
-Adjustable airflow

CONS:

-Something odd with the capacity of the cartridges,you fill it up,you think its filled but when you turn it over (refill is on the bottom so you have to hold it upside down to refill) there seems to be a lot of empty space inside the cartridge
-The tint of the cartridge,would have preferred a lighter tone but this is not a deal breaker
-No way to lock the fire button,you can lock the wattage but not the fire button,so if you carry it around in your pocket or purse or whatever its best you just turn it off.
Not a major con but they could have implemented this to make our life easier

Would i recommend this device:

This kit really does it all,thanks to all the coils you can choose from and the option to get any of the 3 cartridges (MTL,RTL,DTL) all your vaping needs will be met.

From veteran vapers to new vapers this is one device i can recommend to both equally,nice portable size with a good battery and you can vape it anyway you want.

Unfortunately i wasn't sent the RTL or the MTL cartridges so i can't tell you how well they perform but knowing the reputation of Vaporesso and the performance of their products i can say that i would have not be disapointed.

Well that is it for today folks.

Thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Here you have a discount code in case you decide to acquire this product:

LXRC $29.19 - Vaporesso Luxe XR Max Kit CMF Version

Thanks to everyone for reading my review :)

VU Sponsors