Become a Patron!

vaporesso nrg - 3 new tanks all leaking

hey i bought a revenger x kit which came with this tank. i used it fine no problem until i decided to clean the tank and swap out the coil for a new juice. immediately the mod began to dry hit and the tank began leaking. i figured i might have lost an o-ring during the cleaning process so i disassembled it and checked it thoroughly... it seemed fine. i reassembled it again and it was useless. pissed off, i ordered a second tank. this one was fine out of the box and as soon as i cleaned it { more carefully this time} it was as useless as the first. i compared it new out of the box to the 1st and they were exactly the same.

i dont understand what is going on at this point. it seems i am ruining it somehow when i clean, but how? i ordered a 3rd tank and this time it was useless out of the box. i did unscrew the atomizer and coil and put them back together before use but i did it solidly.

when i clean the tank i simply remove the coil and run the tank and atomizer under the sink. i dry them thoroughly, swap or reapply the coil and tighten it in. on a new coil i prime it with juice and then take a few dry hits. i let the juice sit in the tank for a few mins on a new atomizer. i vape it at the lowest watt setting for the coil. i fill the tank about a quarter of the way, i would fill more but i know its about to leak. i feel like i do everything correct and no parts are missing so why the hell are these 3 tanks worthless?

when i say they are leaking the tank itself doesnt leak. what happens is there are dry hits only and i see liquid dripping through the airvent but not the glass or the top part. hitting it makes a gurgling and popping sound with hot liquid spitting out and very little smoke.

all i know is its not any of the o rings and i am very tightly screwing the coil and all the pieces together so thats not the issue either. its also not the mod or juice, lol, trying to get it all out there. its behaving like a flooded atomizer but i cant see how it would get that way with perfect o rings and installation.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has to be a problem with the coils not fitting in the atty correctly. Or the seal on the coils, allowing juice to seep by, out the airflow.

if that was the case how did i vape two tanks fine with the same coils. to me it seems they fit nice and snug, they came with the tank and are authentic

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I still think it's user error.

Welcome to VU.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe some pic of the tank would help.. where the liquid coming out of?
I have a NRG tank also and know some of the O-rings are difficult, especially the top one since it’s ribbed.
If you need parts PM me..

Last edited:
its not the o rings. the tank only leaks during vaping, i can see thru the airholes that liquid is coming down the coil into the vaporizer. if its user error then what error am i making

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its not the o rings. the tank only leaks during vaping, i can see thru the airholes that liquid is coming down the coil into the vaporizer. if its user error then what error am i making
Not quite sure.. it shouldn’t leak if the coil is installed correctly and tank I tightened up with its Orings.. don’t forget the Orings on the coils..

Sorry bro not sure how else to help if you’ve done exactly what your supposed to..

You’re using vaporesso coils or baby beasts or other compatible ones?
So leaking is coming out of AFC?
If juice is coming out of AFC, when vaping, it might be a missing Orings on the coil or it’s not in tight enough..

Maybe try a different tank if this NRG isn’t working for ya?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i fill the tank about a quarter of the way, i would fill more but i know its about to leak.

This might actually be the problem. I'll explain a bit further into the post here.

when i say they are leaking the tank itself doesnt leak. what happens is there are dry hits only and i see liquid dripping through the airvent but not the glass or the top part. hitting it makes a gurgling and popping sound with hot liquid spitting out and very little smoke.

I know you mean vapor, you know it too. Smoke? C'mon if we don't use the correct terms how can we expect media to do so? You're not alone calling it smoke so I'm not saying this as a personal attack. It's just a little nit with the idea and term.

its behaving like a flooded atomizer but i cant see how it would get that way with perfect o rings and installation.

First, the o-rings might not be perfect despite all indications of being perfect. Second they might not be doing what they need to do based on pressure in the tank. Tanks are like vacuum tubes in that sense, have the right amount of juice to keep negative pressure on them and the o-rings will seal proper. Don't got the right amount or the right viscosity of juice, the o-rings won't seal. Might want to try some 50% PG/VG juice, or maybe some 30% PG, 70% VG. Play with the ratios of PG & VG to see what this tank likes to keep pressurized.

It might also come to being humidity, barometric pressure, altitude. There's no vacuum to our worlds unfortunately, we don't vape at a constantly consistent optimum state. You can blame Murphy and his damn law for that, "whatever can happen or go wrong usually will." That kind of seems a defeatist argument but it isn't meant as that, rather it is a statement of what at times seems obvious facts, but we don't always see the obvious.

Has to be a problem with the coils not fitting in the atty correctly. Or the seal on the coils, allowing juice to seep by, out the airflow.

I would check these as well. Reading the trouble somebody is having only reinforces the rationale for me sticking to RDAs and no longer using tanks. Tanks are picky P.I.T.Asses, a person needs to get befuddled by all kinds of different ways crap might go South using them.

I still think it's user error.

Meh, ... It might be but at the same time it might not. I couldn't say for sure so, wouldn't say. Have a Smok Tech tank that seems keen on sweating out too much juice on the outside of the Pyrex bubble. Never could figure out why it did that and I like the OP tried a bit of everything. *lobs a brick filled shoe in the general direction of Murphy's head* One of these days I'll catch that :cuss2:er red handed.

Maybe some pic of the tank would help.

Yes, pics might be nice. Might be nice to do hands on as well. Damn it, I know I need to engineer our VU teleportation device and link it up to the forum. I keep looking at how the Ga'ould teleport rings work on episodes of SG1 and still can't tell if they use digital or wave technology. Mixing up the two might not be something a person wants to do to an RDA or tank.

its not the coils or the orings. i have 3 different tanks the same coil cant be on loose on all 3. they look fine and are fine. i have using many coils the problem remains.

while i understand that pressure and such have an effect on vaping if people had to be at just the right altitude with their tanks filled in just the right amount or else get a flooded atomizer then noone would ever vape. its not those things. i filled my first successful tank vapes the same amount and have varied the amount since, no dice.

czombie

Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you may not be burning off enough juice and it is just draining into the atomizer. Give it some time to get properly set in.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a pic of the parts from my NRG tank..
Notice all the orings..

Not sure how else to help bro.. no pics, no proof, no answers..
b2a0ada63f42f2d2a9326f1493d61633.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
if people had to be at just the right altitude with their tanks filled in just the right amount or else get a flooded atomizer then no one would ever vape. its not those things.

Fair enough point there, and I agree.

Here is a pic of the parts from my NRG tank..
Notice all the orings..

I see three visible, two on the lower portion of the coil head assembly, one on the chimney shaft. I'd think there might be at least two more, one up at the top of the cap, one at the bottom of the cap (maybe). Looks as though the coil assem. fits down into a deck unit having an outer o-ring but not sure, where hands on pays off, I could pop it apart to see. Hm, hang on ...

This might help.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not attempting to nor intending to write negative about any gear, or company making it. At the same time I'm going to be candid and honest based on my experience and opinion, that might be subjective as well.

Okay, I see something what might be of help right away. Go to 2:28-2:30, the guide/reviewer points out o-rings that hold the glass tubing in place. Smart way to make a good seal on metal to glass, but and there's always a but, be sure these are not "wounded" or damaged. Might want to keep them wet down with a base juice so they don't succumb to dry rot.

There's also an internal o-ring on the lower base portion as I suspected. This thing seems to be an o-ring whore. Any one of the o-rings is damaged it'll f up the whole vape. Granted it might offer a decent vape if you can keep it right but I'd not bother because the chances keep dwindling exponentially with each o-ring I'm seeing on here. Think it was kind of designed to leak like a sieve.

For one thing the o-rings holding metal to glass ought to have brought the glass inside instead of outside like this does. Then you put an o-ring down in the internal tract so the glass butts up against it and the outer metal wall glass on metal, snug fit.

Yeah, alright the coil assem. screws down, metal to metal into the deck. Yep, yep, probably going to need an o-ring fitting then to the 510 connector internally. Got one on the outer wall where they've set up the glass to butt up again, and I'm not sure it fits into a grooved tract or not, it might but looking at it I'm not quite sure. And the reviewer/guide in the video even points out "sometimes the rubber here doesn't always seal". He's pointing to the bottom outer o-ring as he says that.

All in, my point of view would be look for another tank, one without so many points of risking failure. I hate you've had to try three different tanks of the same model like this. It does come back to the o-rings, which if they do alright can fit into giving a great overall vape I'm sure. You're finding trouble with the company o-rings. Might want to go find some non-stock o-rings and replace all of them. Not sure even that would make these tanks vape ready but between three of them you might get one that does well.

I'd probably send two back and ask for refund, be sure you can get one good one first though. Or, you might just say f it and toss all three, find a different tank.

im pretty sure theres nothing wrong with the tanks its just not a very user friendly experience learning how to vape this set up. the mod hits fine with the coil in w/o juice in the tank fwiw, the problems only start once i fill the tank with mah nectarz

VU Sponsors