Become a Patron!

vaporesso one plus cascade DTL to mtl above ohm conversion

iasked this in a different section already and haven't gotten a reply yet, can i convert my vape to above ohm mtl? i assume all i need is adifferent coil ansmaller driptip correct?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You could try it. Those types of starter tubes are direct output. It sounds like you already know that. Not sure how a mtl tank or build will hit on that mod. You could try it though. It might might give you a weak hit is all.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
iasked this in a different section already and haven't gotten a reply yet, can i convert my vape to above ohm mtl? i assume all i need is adifferent coil ansmaller driptip correct?

That will get you part of the way there. In actuality, true MTL devices are designed to be more restricted all the way through the tank. That means that both air and juice channels are smaller, not only in the coil and drip tip, but in the tank itself.

The Cascade Baby tank (I assume this is what you have?) uses the Vaporesso GT coils. The highest resistance I see on any of the GT coils is 0.5 ohms, rated for 15 to 40 watts. I've done MTL vaping at 15 watts, but by the time you get to 20 or 25 watts, you're in restricted DL territory, imo. You'd have to try it MTL and see if the juice vaporizes well enough to keep the tank from gurgling and flooding.

Can the drip tip be swapped out? You could look for an 810-to-510 drip tip converter and see if one will fit.

Basically the short answer is, if you want to stick with the device you have, you just have to try it and see.

Or you could pick up something like a Vandy Vape BSKR MTL pen kit. https://www.eliquid.com/products/vandy-vape-bskr-mtl-kit

I haven't used this device, but I do have a Vandy Vape Berserker Mini RTA. It's a very good MTL vape. That's as close as I can come to vouching for the MTL tank kit. Well, actually I can also say that if I were looking for an MTL pen kit, this is the one I'd buy.

Hope this helps.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, the Cascade device isn't variable wattage? It's essentially mechanical? Then no, you won't get MTL out of it until the battery is nearly dead, and it gets risky to vape a mechanical when the battery is in that state.

thanks for all the quick responses everyone. it looks like I am going to have to spend more money to get what I want. that kit that was recommended looks promising i might invest in that soon. i will keep the one plus cascade since I got a special edition (red and black) and use it for what it is

VU Sponsors