Become a Patron!

Vaporesso revenge X coils

Hi I'm new and I need help.

I brought a brand new Vaporesso revenge X last week, I used the G4 and G8 could that came with the kit and wasn't getting any flavour and burnt taste straight away so chucked them.

I looked online and decided to buy some Smok TFV8 baby coils, I use Snap 70/30 juice and saw people saying to make 2 holes in each of the cotton parts of the coil. The flavour was great, but within 24 hours of vaping I get burnt taste again, I've gone through 3 of the new coils in 3 days.

I prep the coils before I use it, start off on low watts (25) and put it up 5 watts after every puff. Its best wattage is between 55-65 and I use it on 55 watts. I don't know what else to do, can someone help me please.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I run my Baby Beast X4 coils at around 35 Watts and most coils at 20-25% less than what is recommended. Just my opinion but I get long coil life, big clouds and lots of flavor.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh well you are very welcome~! You say you prime the coils but do you slowly increase the wattage when you are breaking them in? That is another tip for getting long lasting coils.

Oh well you are very welcome~! You say you prime the coils but do you slowly increase the wattage when you are breaking them in? That is another tip for getting long lasting coils.

Yes I vaped at 55 watts so started off on 25 and increased the watts every puff by 5 watts until I got to 55 watts.

Thanks for the welcome.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well to be honest you do not sound like you are doing anything exceptionally questionable so the only other thing could be the e-Liquid. I recently had one that wiped coils in days but damn it was so creamy and tasty~! Started using a different liquid and still using that last coil I changed. Sweeteners do wipe out coils.

Well to be honest you do not sound like you are doing anything exceptionally questionable so the only other thing could be the e-Liquid. I recently had one that wiped coils in days but damn it was so creamy and tasty~! Started using a different liquid and still using that last coil I changed. Sweeteners do wipe out coils.

That maybe it. I use Snap juice either Apple, raspberry or strawberry and kiwi. All very sweet so maybe that's the problem.

Thanks for your quick replies.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for your quick replies.

No problem I just happened to be here and I am sure others will be along soon to tell you that you need to start wrapping coils for RDA/RBA's and SMOK is shit. I saw a post and thought I might be able to help before the confusing suggestions start rolling in. :blah:

VU Sponsors