Become a Patron!

VAPORESSO SWITCHER WITH CASCADE MINI SE review. "F" - functional, "B" - beauty

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Some time ago I got the last box mod from VAPORESSO – VAPORESSO Swithcer with a new test sample of VAPORESSO Cascade Mini SE – the compact brother of CASCADE Tank. While testing it, I really liked such a kit and now would like to tell you about it and the functional, which both of parts of the kit have.

Switcher-1.jpg

Because of VAPORESSO CASCADE SE Mini has no official presentation on site, and also there is no any info about such a kit, so, I got it in a strange package – in bag with ribbons, where I`ve found Switcher, CASCADE SE Mini and some replacement coil heads.

VAPORESSO Switcher with CASCADE SE Mini set:
1 * VAPORESSO Switcher box mod;
1 * VAPORESSO CASCADE Mini SE atomizer;
1 * Replacement coil head 0,2 Оhm (50-7W);
1 * Replacement coil head 0,3 Оhm (35-40W);
1 * Replacement coil head CCELL (0,18 Оhm, 50-90W)​

VAPORESSO Switcher is a pretty heavy, but really stylish box mod with the possibility of replacement decorative panels, which protects the diodes tape around the main body. It has a really high quality and comfortable and pleasant for touch.

VAPORERSSO Switcher parameters:
Sizes: 89 mm * 49 mm * 31 mm;
Material: Zink Alloy;
Color: Shiny Green, Brown Gold, Red Blue, Silver, Retro Yellow, Iron Grey​

On the face side we can see 0.96 inches OLED display, «Fire», «+», «-», «Fn» and micro USB port.
Buttons work good, with a deaf jingle and without misfires.

Switcher-10.jpg

Depending on chosen mode, display shows us different indices such as wattage, temperature, wattage/temperature curves, resistance, voltage, puff counter and time, batteries indicator, mode name, lightning indicator and the sign of resistance lock.

Switcher-17.jpg

On the back sides of replacement panel there are some decorative cuts, which are different depending on version.

Switcher-13.jpg
Switcher-11.jpg
Switcher-16.jpg

At the bottom there is a battery compartment cover with polarity sign and special board, which fixes the decorative replacement panel. There are no venting holes.

Switcher-15.jpg

On the top we can find 510 spring-loaded connector with a platform, which allows to set atomizers up to 28 mm. There is no levitation, but you can be calm – there won`t be scratches thanks to platform.

Switcher-14.jpg

The heart of box mod is OMNI Board 2.6 chip, which makes the usage easy and convenient.

For to turn the device on/off – push «Fire» for five times.

For to lock/unlock navigation buttons - push «Fire» for 3 times

For to enter the menu – push «Fn» for three times.
Activation of mode/parameter – clamp «Fn» for a half of second.

The main menu consists of 10 branches, where you can choose the mode and make its tune settings.
You can set VW with HIGH, SOFT, NORMAL preferences, TC (Ni, Ti, SS), TCR (M1, M2), BYPASS and curves modes (CCW, CCT).

Switcher-27.jpg
Switcher-28.jpg
Switcher-29.jpg
Switcher-18.jpg
Switcher-50.jpg
Switcher-19.jpg
Switcher-20.jpg
Switcher-21.jpg
Switcher-22.jpg
Switcher-24.jpg
Switcher-25.jpg
Switcher-26.jpg

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The menu of settings has an underlined place on the left side of main menu and has 8 points:

Switcher-30.jpg
Switcher-31.jpg

TIME SET – here we set time, date and the appearance of screensaver or can turn it off.

Switcher-32.jpg

BRIGHTNESS – here we set the brightness of the screen;

Switcher-33.jpg

PUFF COUNTER – we can take a look at total time and puff counter or reset them.

Switcher-34.jpg

SMART ON/OFF – smart mode activation/deactivation.

Switcher-35.jpg

SCREEN TIMEOUT –here we can set the time, when our device turns into standby mode.

Switcher-36.jpg

LIGHT – this branch helps to set the lightning: its` mode, type, color and look at set mode or turn led light off at all.

Switcher-38.jpg
Switcher-37.jpg
Switcher-39.jpg
Switcher-40.jpg
Switcher-41.jpg
Switcher-42.jpg
Switcher-43.jpg
Switcher-44.jpg
Switcher-45.jpg
Switcher-46.jpg
Switcher-47.jpg
Switcher-48.jpg

VERSION – firmware info.

DEFAULT – here we can return to factory settings.

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Compare Switcher with, for example, REVENGER, I can say, that menu became more simple and easy for understanding, where you make all preferences straight in menu branches and don`t break fingers with combinations.

VAPORESSO CASCADE Mini SE looks like CASCADE, but is smaller and smarter with a little different constructive.

Switcher-3.jpg

VAPORESSO CASCADE Mini SE parameters:
Height: 52 mm;
Diameter: 22 mm;
Capacity: 2 ml;
Color: Black​

Atomizer consists of 5 parts: of base, replacement coil head, monolith of skirt, glass tube and filling ring, of top cap and drip tip.
The base works with replacement coil heads and has the bottom airflow through 3 middle-sized holes and the ring with stopper on the sides. Inside we can see the thread, which fixes the coil head, and outside – such a thread, which fixes the skirt.

Switcher-5.jpg

I got 3 types of replacement coil heads – with coils and mesh.
Well, both of them has a pretty good flavor and works from low to high wattage without burnt, and of course, the mesh version eats the juice faster at times.

Switcher-6.jpg

Unlike the standard version, CASCADE Mini SE has a monolith of skirt, tube and filling ring, and this is bad, because, if you break the second one – you`ll throw the atomizer as litter(( But maybe only first samples has such a moment in constructive.

The filling ring and top cap here are separated. You can unscrew them if screw top cap clockwise (!!!).
Unlike CASCADE, Mini SE has a child protection system, where you need firstly to lift the cap and then screw it aside for to reach the filling hole.

Switcher-8.jpg
Switcher-9.jpg

The last part of atomizer – is 810 Delrin drip tip of a triangle form. It fixes to top cap with the help of small o-rings and sits good, without backlashes. While work, it shows itself good and doesn`t get hot.

Switcher-4.jpg

VAPORESSO CASCADE Mini SE specifications:

Base: For replacement coil heads;
Airflow: Bottom;
Filling: Top;
Drip tip: of 510 type;
Thread: of 510 type with swimming pin​

Switcher-2.jpg

Pros:
Design;
Simple menu;
Informative display;
Led light;
Fast chip;
Quality and assembly;
Top airflow;
Flavor;
Bottom airflow;
No leaks;
Price

Cons:
Weight;
Glass tube can`t be replaced;
No RBA base

CV
I really like VAPORESSO Switcher! It`s of a high quality, fast, with great functional and beautiful! Yes, it`s heavy, but I can forgive such a moment to it.
As for CASCADE SE Mini, well, I like it too, but as builder, I can say, that it`s bad, that it has no RBA base in set and that the glass tube can`t be replaced (but maybe this is a problem of a test variant, I don`t know).
I like the flavor, which produce atomizer in a chain with three types of coils. The mesh version is good, but «eats» your juice fast)))
Unfortunately, I haven`t found any info about SE Mini version oo official site, so, can`t say, how much it is, but predict, that atomizer will cost about 23-27$
As for Switcher, you can buy it only for 47$!!!! This is a great price, I think and advice this box mod to all of ya!​

You can buy VAPORESSO Switcher here.

VU Sponsors