Become a Patron!

[Vaporesso] Target PM80 Sub-ohm Pod Mod

Hi everyone, this will be my first review.

I will be taking a look at the Target PM80 Sub-ohm Pod Mod from Vaporesso.

It was supplied to me free of charge for the purpose of this review by Jessica from Vaporesso.

Mod-Name-min.jpg

Now let’s go over the contents of the box:

1x Target PM80 Mod

2x Pods

2x GTX coils (NiChrome Mesh 0.2 and 0.3 Ohm)

1x Vaporesso USB cable

1x Manual

1x Coil specs card

1x Warranty Card

4x rubber boots for the airflow.

Box.jpg

Vaporesso brings us a powerful Sub-ohm Pod Mod, with the AXON chip it brings power with no lag, adjustability and safety. With multiple color options, there is a color for everyone.

Vaporesso_Target_PM80_Kit_Full_Colors.jpg

dimensions.png

powerful-target-pm80-kit-with-axon-chip.png

The mod feels very nice in the hand, small but feels very well built and premium.

Any way I grab the device, either my thumb or my index finger are pretty much on the fire button and ready to fire. As soon as you press the button it immediately fires with no lag.

It’s got a 2000mAh battery built in with vents at the bottom. Micro USB port for charging, comes with the really nice looking and usual Vaporesso cable, it takes about 1Hr to fully charge and it’s compatible with 2A chargers.

It has lasted me for a whole day with about 100/120 puffs of 1,5/2 seconds.

Mod.jpg

As usual it’s the normal 5x fire button on, 5x fire button off.

Very simple settings menu. Comes with variable wattage, variable voltage, puff counter, puff duration and Smart wattage recognition, you navigate using the + and - buttons and enter pressing the fire button.

Settings.jpg

In terms of wattage it goes from 5W to 80W in 0.5W increments, 1W increments when holding the button.

In tems of voltage it gets up to 4V in 0.1V increments.

Menus.jpg

Homescreen is simple and gives you all the info you need. Battery level, wattage or voltage, recommended wattage, resistance, voltage or wattage, puff count and puff duration.

The screen has great image quality and is fairly bright even outside, as a bonus it comes with interchangeable menu colors, Green, blue and pink, although the pink looks kind of purple to me.

Colors.jpg

As usual with Vaporesso devices, press 3x fire button to lock the + and - buttons and still be able to fire the mod at the set Wattage or Voltage.

Lock-Screen-min.jpg

It makes a great and dense vapor with a ton of flavor. It has a lot of airflow and lacking airflow adjustability makes it very non-restrictive and more suitable for DL. Although you can use the rubber boots that are included in the package to make it a bit more restrictive and get a loose MTL draw.

The pods are transparent, protruding a bit from the top of the Mod and have a fairly big opening and I had no trouble in filling it with pretty much no spilling, just lift the rubber boot as it stays attached to the pod on the other side.

I had no flooding or leaking after filling the pod.

They drop securely into the mod with two beefy magnets that keep them on and require a bit of force to remove. The best way to remove them is to push the back of the pod towards the fire button and because of the design of the pod it will lift a lot easier.

The proprietary drip tip does not have a very big bore, but it is very comfortable and very suitable for the Mod.

The capacity is 4ML (2ML for the TPD version), and it was enough for one day for me, having a little bit of ejuice left over in the pod at the end of the day.

Pod.jpg

Vaporesso-Target-PM80-Pod-easy-to-fill.jpg

The coils are press-fitted into the pods and they are Vaporesso’s GTX Mesh and they are made of NiChrome. It’s compatible with the GTX coils range, which includes Mesh coils, regular wire coils and an RBA base. It’s also compatible with VooPoo’s Vinci coils.

The 0.2ohm GTX mesh coil is rated between 45w to 60w.

The 0.3ohm GTX mesh coil is rated between 32w to 45w.

Both coils have given me great flavor and a very non-restrictive draw.

In this case I preferred the GTX Mesh 0.3 Ohm, it just provided a much more intense flavor, a slightly more restrictive draw and allowed me to keep my wattage at around 35/40W which helped extend battery life a bit.

Coils.jpg

coils.png

Final Thoughts:

As a pod system it works great, being able to deliver quite a punch in such a small device with a smooth and flavorful draw. It feels very comfortable in the hand and the Zinc Alloy body gives it some weight and a more premium feeling.

There aren’t many things I disliked about it but, for example the built in battery, when you drain the battery it’s over, you need to recharge it, no way to just swap out the battery and keep on vaping, but that’s the usual for a pod system, it’s also missing adjustable airflow and also the Zinc chassis is a big fingerprint magnet. But apart from that it is a great device!

I’d like to thank Jessica from Vaporesso for sending me the Mod for this review.

Target PM80 Link:
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/target-pm80

VU Sponsors