Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Target...

I'm pretty new to vaping...I started with the Kanger Evod and recently switched to the Vaporesso Target. I like it for the most part, but am noticing a couple things I don't like so much. I'm getting a weird tingly feeling on my scalp and I'm assuming it's too much nicotine...I was told I needed 100% VG and its 4mg nicotine, when I used to vape 14-16mg nicotine in the Kanger. I recently ordered an 80VG/20PG mix at 6mg nicotine and am worried it will be too much.

The big reason I came to this thread is the nasty metallic taste I'm getting from this. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it the coil? Could it be the juice?

I really want to love this product, but I had the weird display and overheating thing happen a few days ago, and the gross metallic taste is disappointing. I've only had it for about 8 days.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Which coil are you using, the NI200 . 2 Ohm or the Kanthal .9 Ohm?

What wattage are you vaping the coils at?

How old are the coils?

When its time to change coils the taste can be less than pleasant but it is not as bad as a coil that burns up when you first put in a new one and for whatever reason the coil is bad and will not wick. If you start out with a bad tasting vape after switching to a new coil and it won't go away and gets worse I'd say it is a bad coil. The coils when new and they are bad can give off a very nasty taste that taste only gets worse the more you vape it.

I have had some bad coils; however, the last 2 I have used, one a Ni the other a Kanthal have been fine. It is possible you have some bad coils but without more detail impossible to know.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As Tazz mentioned, it is most likely the coil but hard to say without more information. I personally prefer the Kanthal coils myself. If you are getting a metallic taste it is also possible that you have a nickel sensitivity so the Ni coils may not be an option for you.

If your mod is overheating, I'd suggest going ahead and returning it ... I know that sux but that is the last thing you want your mod to be doing.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a Ni coil in one Tank on my EVIC 75 mod. Settings in TC Mode are 520* and 65Watts.

In another tank I have a .9 Kanthal on a different mod an am running it in Power (Wattage) Mode and I do not go above 27.9 Watts.

The Ni coil has been in the one tank for two weeks.

Just changed to a new Kanthal coil in the second tank.

How old are the coils?

When its time to change coils the taste can be less than pleasant but it is not as bad as a coil that burns up when you first put in a new one and for whatever reason the coil is bad and will not wick. If you start out with a bad tasting vape after switching to a new coil and it won't go away and gets worse I'd say it is a bad coil. The coils when new and they are bad can give off a very nasty taste that taste only gets worse the more you vape it.

I have had some bad coils; however, the last 2 I have used, one a Ni the other a Kanthal have been fine. It is possible you have some bad coils but without more detail impossible to know.

Some of this is like a foreign language to me, but I'm starting to understand it a bit. I bought a kit, so all I know is they are the cCell coils. I'll try to switch it out and see if that helps. Thank you!

**update: I'm switching the coils. The one I had in there was .9 ohm, and the replacement they have in the kit is a .2 ohm. I started vaping at 37 watts, and switched to 27 after my scalp was getting tingly.

Last edited:
As Tazz mentioned, it is most likely the coil but hard to say without more information. I personally prefer the Kanthal coils myself. If you are getting a metallic taste it is also possible that you have a nickel sensitivity so the Ni coils may not be an option for you.

If your mod is overheating, I'd suggest going ahead and returning it ... I know that sux but that is the last thing you want your mod to be doing.

Thank you! The overheating happened once, and it kinda freaked me out because of the stories of them exploding. The display had lines through it, and looked like it was charging when it wasn't. I touched it and it was very warm...I took the battery out and put it back in, and everything has been fine since.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some of this is like a foreign language to me, but I'm starting to understand it a bit. I bought a kit, so all I know is they are the cCell coils. I'll try to switch it out and see if that helps

No worries at all, happy to help. We were all there at one point too. :)

If you got a kit then it probably contained 1 Ni200 .2 ohm coil and 1 Kanthal .9 ohm coil ( it should say on the side of the coil in small print ). So yes, definitely try the other coil and see how you like it. You will need to switch out of TC ( Temperature Control ) if you were using the Ni coil first however. You only want to use the Kanthal coil in Power mode and vice versa, Ni coil in TC mode.

.I took the battery out and put it back in, and everything has been fine since.

One thing you might want to consider in the future is getting a separate battery charger so you don't have to charge your batteries through your mod. It can be done of course but the charging circuitry in dedicated battery chargers is superior to those found in mods, not to mention the little USB ports on the mods tend to be prone to problems.

No worries at all, happy to help. We were all there at one point too. :)

If you got a kit then it probably contained 1 Ni200 .2 ohm coil and 1 Kanthal .9 ohm coil ( it should say on the side of the coil in small print ). So yes, definitely try the other coil and see how you like it. You will need to switch out of TC ( Temperature Control ) if you were using the Ni coil first however. You only want to use the Kanthal coil in Power mode and vice versa, Ni coil in TC mode.

One thing you might want to consider in the future is getting a separate battery charger so you don't have to charge your batteries through your mod. It can be done of course but the charging circuitry in dedicated battery chargers is superior to those found in mods, not to mention the little USB ports on the mods tend to be prone to problems.

Thanks for all of your help!!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

How old are the coils?

Very different break-in on the cCell coil, that's for sure. Tried for first time today. Started getting burnt hits at 30w, then it gurgled and acted flooded (but it wasn't). Let it saturate some more, now it seems ok at 32w, with fluid in the coil for at least 30 min. This is in an og Herakles, with side air flow, so not sure if it's getting all the air it needs. There were a variety of strange tastes along the way, including a sour, blah taste for awhile.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If the coils are not primed well then you will get some funky taste when you vape.

If a coil is bad, no matter how it is primed it will not taste at all good at any point.

It usually takes a coil around half a tank to a full tank for the coil break in and start tasting good. Not that it will taste bad, just not taste quite right. Once you hit the point where the coil is broken in it will start to taste great.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for all of your help!!

Please make sure you know which coil you are using and make sure you prime it well. As NGAHaze stated You only want to use the Ni .2 ohm coil in Temperature Control (TC) Mode and the Kanthal .9 ohm coil in Wattage (Power) mode.

Most important thing after what coil and what mode you are operating your Mod in is to prime the coil well!!!!!!!

AjRose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm vaping the .9 coil and my tank is getting really hot. Not the mod just the tank. I'm at 24 to 25 watts. I didn't notice my kanger ever getting this hot.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm vaping the .9 coil and my tank is getting really hot. Not the mod just the tank. I'm at 24 to 25 watts. I didn't notice my kanger ever getting this hot.

Really hot? That does not sound right if you are vaping at 24-25 watts

How is the flavor of the juice?
How long are your pulls?

The target tank is not a huge cloud chucker so unless you are taking 7 second pulls and chain vaping it should not get that hot.
Warm maybe but too hot - No.

What mod are you using?

AjRose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not so hot that I can't touch it. But getting close.
Flavor is great would be better at 30w but that goes through battery. My battery is Imren. 3200mah max 40A. The vapeing shop guy here said it would give me longer battery life.
Draws are probably around high side of 2 secs. Since my target doesn't have a timer not sure. But it's alittle longer then I draw on my Eleaf.
I do chain vape but think think it taste so good lol. But I chained vaped my kanger and unless I Jack up the watts it doesn't get near as hot.I run it on target 75 vtc till the battery drains then I stick it on my Eleaf 50w till the battery charges.
I really don't want anything to be wrong with this tank I love the flavor out of it but would love it more at 30w. Maybe if I don't get it so hot I can't touch it , it won't be a probblem? :)

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There were some issues with the Target mod at one point, usually display would go bad when it was happening. Not sure if sorted out, but there are descriptions on YouTube.

For a low wattage setup like this, i would use LG HG2 battery, chocolate color, 3000 mah and 20A. I have heard Samsung 25R might run a little cooler, but that's hearsay. However, I stick to LG, Samsung, and Sony. With fake Sony's out there, only if really trust the vendor.

AjRose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There were some issues with the Target mod at one point, usually display would go bad when it was happening. Not sure if sorted out, but there are descriptions on YouTube.

For a low wattage setup like this, i would use LG HG2 battery, chocolate color, 3000 mah and 20A. I have heard Samsung 25R might run a little cooler, but that's hearsay. However, I stick to LG, Samsung, and Sony. With fake Sony's out there, only if really trust the vendor.

So far I haven't had glitches like others with the mod. My screen works and when the battery is done it just says low battery. My mod doesn't get hot just the tank. But I'll pick up another battery this weekend and see if it helps, need another one anyway so have one on charger while I'm using one. :)

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Depending on when you bought the Target 75W they may have fixed the display issue.

Does the tank get as hot when it is on the ELeaf as when you have it on the Target

AjRose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depending on when you bought the Target 75W they may have fixed the display issue.

Does the tank get as hot when it is on the ELeaf as when you have it on the Target
I just got the kit a couple of weeks ago. And yes it does.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The coil you are using has the Red band? and the resistance reading is .9 ohms?

If this is the case I would say there is something wrong with the coil.

Swap the coil and see what happens. I can test around 6PM at home.

I have a .9 Kanthal in a different tank, vaping at 27 Watts and it does not get hot even if I chain vape 5-6 hits

AjRose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The coil you are using has the Red band? and the resistance reading is .9 ohms?

If this is the case I would say there is something wrong with the coil.

Swap the coil and see what happens. I can test around 6PM at home.

I have a .9 Kanthal in a different tank, vaping at 27 Watts and it does not get hot even if I chain vape 5-6 hits

Yes. I haven't tried the ni200 yet since my Eleaf isn't TC and I swap them out. But I got an extra .9 coil I can try.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FWIW, my target tank doesn't get hot either using the Kanthal coil.

I agree with Tazz, try another coil and see if the problem continues.

AjRose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok went to local vape shop got another battery, some more coils. Talked to lady their. She didn't think it was getting that hot to her. Got a kangertech ceramic coil for old sub mini I had. That's the nastiest coil I have ever vaped. Yuck. Anyway, I like the vape from the vaporesso and she felt like as long as it wasn't getting hotter and hotter, or as long as my battery wasn't getting hot it shouldn't be a probblem. Guess I just didn't know what hot is. LOL
I might give the ni200 coil a try in TC latter. Thanks for all the help and advice.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad you talked to the lady at the shop. Sometimes you need to see someone in person and get a little help.

What I have noticed about the great majority of people in the Vaping world is that they are cool and willing to help noobs like us out.

It is always good to have someone with experience and knowledge to help us rookies out.

AjRose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad you talked to the lady at the shop. Sometimes you need to see someone in person and get a little help.

What I have noticed about the great majority of people in the Vaping world is that they are cool and willing to help noobs like us out.

It is always good to have someone with experience and knowledge to help us rookies out.

I have found people are very helpful too. Good thing I often need alot of help. :)

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought a bunch of .9 Kanthal coils online and all of them were crap. :wtf:

I bought a couple of NI .2 ohm coils at the local B&M and I am having great luck with them. I use TC, 50-60 watts, 480-520 temp.

I like my Two target tanks. They are my road tanks. So I am happy to have found some Vaporesso ccell coils that work.

Finally!

All, I figured out the target tank and all is good. AIRLOCK!!!!! I bought the tank brand new and I use it on the pico. I also use the .9 ceramic coils. I was getting dry, Bundy nasty tasting hits. I was so disappointed. However I was twisting the tank too tight. I went through 3 coils which are probably fine, but when I drew off it I wouldn't see any bubbles come up. Bubbles are the key. It means your coil is refilling with juice. I unscrewed the base enough to start seeing bubbles and hot dam it's working. There is no break in period, maybe let it sit for a few minutes but now this thing is vaping awesome.... I vape at 30-35 watts. But 25 is good as well.

I do appreciate you posting that video and I am sorry if I came off as rude. I have been following daily to see if there has been any definitive proof. If you or anyone does find any PLEASE let everyone know asap.

I believe I watched the same thing and was happy to see this update... by the original guy I believe?

I went ahead and ordered one... been using a budget pen style one so I'm pretty excited! Did my research and this kit allegedly gives top flavor for it's price range and some argue in any range :)

Little nervous about the coils but seems like theres a ton of people warming up to them.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors