Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Tarot Baby 85W TC Kit with NRG SE 2500mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Tarot Baby 85W TC Kit with NRG SE 2500mAh from Vaporesso. The Vaporesso Tarot Baby 85W TC Kit with NRG SE 2500mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporesso-tar...-blue.html

Introduction

The Tarot Baby is the latest version of Vaporesso's classic device the Tarot, the device is very small but just slightly larger than the Nano with most of that extra size being in it's depth so no stability issues whatsoever. The Baby still has a tarot look to it but very much updated with more curves and bevelled edging. The Tarot baby really is taking a classic device and updating it with Vaporesso's latest technology and to do this it uses the same Chip-set as the Armour Pro device with the same menu system, display and even having the same panel that houses the screen as the fire bar. in fact apart from having an inbuilt battery and only going up to 85W rather than 100W the Tarot Baby is the Armour Pro, just with a Tarot look. In this Kit the Tarot Baby is paired with the NRG SE a small 22mm diameter tank which despite it's small size holds 4.5ml of e-liquid (2ml EU). So i think the best thing to do is give this little feature packed device a good look!

In the Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1 × Tarot Baby Mod (2500mAh Built-in Battery)
1 × NRG SE Tank (4.5ml)
1 × GT Meshed Coil (0.18ohm) - Pre-installed
1 × GT CCELL Coil (0.5ohm)
1 × Replacement glass tube 4.5ml
1 × USB charging cable
1 × User Guide
1 × Warranty Card

TPD Edition

1 × Tarot Baby Mod (2500mAh Built-in Battery)
1 × NRG SE Mini Tank (2ml)
1 × GT Meshed Coil (0.18ohm) - Pre-installed
1 × GT CCELL Coil (0.5ohm)
1 × Replacement glass tube 2ml
1 × USB charging cable
1 × User Guide
1 × Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Tarot Baby Kit came in Cardboard packaging with compartmental tray, under the tray was a further box with USB cable and other included items. Both sides of the device has identical tinted panels, one side is fixed the other side which houses the screen centrally and micro USB port at the bottom is the fire bar. Both front and back have elongated shields, on many versions the shields contain artwork but for those that artwork wouldn't appeal the Black and Silver versions have plainer pattern designs. The shield on the front has the Vaporesso logo printed at the top and the back shield at the top we have "TAROT BABY" printed. I received the Blue version which has a viscous wolfs head on front and back shields, the other colour options are Red, Green, Rainbow, Silver and Black, all versions come with a Black NRG SE tank with o-rings to match the colour of the device. Underneath the panel housing the screen we have the navigational and select buttons closely positioned together. The base of the device has engraved safety stamps and generous battery venting, moving to the top we have a central 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The Tarot Baby is about the weight of a single 18650 device so for it's very small size it feels reassuringly solid. The overall build quality is excellent, the small size, bevelled edges and fire bar makes the Tarot Baby very ergonomic.

NRG SE Tank Specs and Features:

Height: 48.5 mm EU / Height: 46mm
Outside Diameter: 22mm
Capacity: 4.5ml / EU 2ml
Material: stainless steel
22mm diameter with optional 4.5ml/ 2ml e-juice capacity
Twist open design for convenient top refilling
Smooth adjustable bottom airflow
Universal compatibility GT core coils
Thread: 510
Colour: Black, with o-rings to match colour of device

NRG SE Overview

I have reviewed both the NRG tank and NRG SE smaller capacity version (3.5ml standard edition). The difference between the NRG and NRG SE tanks is 2 things, the first is size as the diameter of the SE is 22mm rather than the 24.5mm diameter of the NRG tank it is also shorter (the size of the SE tank is almost identical to the NRG mini). The second is aesthetics with the SE tank being smooth looking rather than having texturing top and bottom, the extra capacity now being 4.5ml (standard edition) instead of the previous NRG SE tank having a 3.5ml capacity is due to having a bulge glass. The tank has a very aesthetically appealing look to it almost being cute looking and despite the bulge glass it really doesn't look like it is capable of holding 4.5ml of liquid but she certainly can.
The tank comes apart simply and reassembles with equal ease, it's the usual top section, base and glass tube between, the coil screws straight into the base and when putting the tank back together the top of the coil screws into the top section to hold the tank together very securely. Before reassembling the tank i primed the pre-installed mesh coil applying juice to the cotton via the wicking holes and added a bit of juice directly to the middle of the coil (there is a lot of cotton in the coil head).
Filling the tank is easy as the NRG SE has a top-fill system, the top-cap just slides to one side on a hinge revealing a large filling slot. After filling the top slides back into place with just the right amount of resistance, the top-cap will not move unless the user means it to. The drip tip is a delrin 510 with quite high profile , you can use your own if you prefer, included in the kit is a spare glass which will be 4.5ml with the standard edition and 2ml the EU edition. Also included in the kit is a pre-installed GT mesh coil which is 0.18ohm rated between 50w and 85w, the other included coil is as expected a GT Ceramic coil, the included CCELL coil has a resistance of 0.5ohm and is rated between 20w and 35w. Finally the airflow is dual cyclops (quite narrow) with stoppers which is stiff but after a bit of use does loosen to a nice tolerance.

Tarot Baby Specs and Features:

Sise: 42.1 x 25 x 70.3mm
Display: 0.96-inch TFT
Battery: 2500mAh Built-in Battery
Mode: VW(H/N/S)/VT(Ti,Ni,SS)/VV/TCR(M1,M2)/CCW/CCV/BYPASS
Power Range: 5-85W
Resistance Range: 0.03-5ohm
2A Charging Time: 1.5h
Super Player Mode with Wide Resistance Range
0.002s Quick Firing Speed
Upgraded OMNI Board 4.0 Chipset
Thread: 510
Colour: Red, Green, Rainbow, Silver, Blue, Black

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Using The Tarot Baby

The Tarot Baby is the standard 5 clicks of the fire bar to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off, once on you are met by an elegant looking display which is bright and sharp but wasn't the easiest to see outdoors in sunlight due to having a tinted cover. The display actually looks great indoors and the tinted cover gives it a look of class but not so practical for outdoor use. Three presses of the fire bar locks the buttons but the device will still fire.To enter the menu system is one long press or 3 quick presses of the select button, this brings up two columns of icons with all your various modes (there are so many features it takes three screens of icons to display all the options) which are, Variable wattage hard, Variable wattage normal, Variable wattage soft, Custom wattage curve, SP (this option allows you the device to fire as low as 0.03ohm, i assume the device does), Variable voltage mode, Custom voltage curve, SS, Ni, Ti, M1, M2, Bypass and settings. When choosing any of the temperature control options it gives you the option of entering TCR value, setting wattage, setting curve and locking your resistance. Choosing settings brings up a list of options which are, Time (choose between digital or analogue clock), brightness, puff counter (information and reset), Theme (change the colour of certain items on the display), Smart mode, Automatic (can't see what this does, had a look online and still non the wiser), Screen timeout, Hardware/software versions, default and exit. Their are also some combination button presses, fire and right together brings up the clock and fire and select bring up the hardware and software versions. As you can see the device is packed with features yet the menu with the use of an added select button is very easy to navigate around, the only problem i can see is with it being a tiny device someone with thick fingers might find the 3 operational buttons too close together.

My Experience Using The Tarot Baby Kit

The Tarot Baby must be the most feature packed mini mod in the market place and unlike most devices of this size which come with a very basic screen the Tarot Baby has a sharp full colour screen and app like menu system which with the additional select button is very user friendly. The device fires without noticeable delay and despite it housing the screen the fire bar works as well as any fire bar i have come across and has a nice satisfying click. I don't do temp control or have access to data but it both seems very accurate in wattage mode and when taking it to the full 85W it seemed 85W. The curves feature which i like on devices Vaporesso do as well has any manufacturer and the Baby has wattage, voltage and temperature curves. For those that like variable voltage it has that too as well as smart mode and SP which allows you to fire down to 0.03ohm, no idea why anyone would want to go that low with resistance but if you do you can. The GT coils i have used so many times and i especially like the CCELL coils (very good flavour), you get the 0.5ohm CCELL which is rated between 20W and 35W. I didn't use the CCELL on this occasion but it has quite a narrow bore so with the narrow cyclops closed right down you will get a very loose MTL (i have used the NRG SE before) or open it up for a low wattage restricted lung hit. I used the 0.18ohm mesh coil and like all the GT coils that are not ceramic it is very heavy on the cotton so extra priming is needed and also there is a bit of break in time, i settled for 60W and the flavour went from very good before fully broken in to excellent. The airflow is smooth and although the NRG SE doesn't give masses of air it's plenty for most people i went for half open which seemed just right for me at 60w for a restricted lung hit full of flavour. The Tarot Baby is giving battery life similar to a single 18650 device which is quite impressive for this little fellow and supports 2A charging, pass-through and firmware upgrades. Finally 24mm tanks will sit flush on the top of the Baby and when i tried a 25mm tank in my opinion it still looked good with very slight overhang of the top but pretty much flush with the device itself.

Final Thoughts

The most feature packed mini device i'm aware of, perfect for when out and about or even if you just prefer small devices,. It's a device with a 2500mAh inbuilt battery which is a mini version of both the Tarot and Armour all in one. Vaporesso in my opinion made the perfect choice with tank inclusion and also choice of coils, and with many other GT coil options available this kit in my opinion is a winner.

Good build quality
Solid feeling
Aesthetically pleasing colour/design options
Sharp Colour display
Pocket friendly
Screen housed on fire bar
Fire bar
Select button
variable voltage as well as wattage
Temp control (not tested)
Wattage, voltage and temperature curves
Great ergonomics
SP mode
Fires instantly
Performed very well
Very user friendly
Excellent menu system mostly on one level
NRG SE great choice of tank
Included CCELL coil
Mesh coil excellent flavour
Plenty of GT coil options available
Spare glass
4.5ml capacity (standard edition)
Good battery life (comparable to single 18650 battery)
Charge in 1.5 hours
Pass-through
Firmware Upgradeable

Cons

Tinted panel makes seeing display in sunlight a bit tricky
If you have thick fingers might find how close to each other the buttons are a bit fiddly
Tanks over 24mm will overhang top (25mm still look ok in my opinion)
In built battery not liked by some people (objective)
Not suitable for very high wattage users
When new, airflow ring tight and no texturing for grip

I would once again like to thank Ella from Sourcemore for supplying the Vaporesso Tarot Baby 85W TC Kit with NRG SE 2500mAh for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporesso-tar...-blue.html

VU Sponsors