Vaporesso Tarot Mini Starter Kit, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
32ca1f045d2623923cf4d83e7f2290f2.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This mod was sent to me specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this mod a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Slide the box out of its sleeve and it opens like a book. On one side is the mod and on the other side is the accessories. This is a skinny little mod. Very smooth texture to it. Tiny little buttons. Nice little tank as well. Really tall for its size.

What's In The Box:

In the Vaporesso Tarot Mini Starter Kit you will get a Tarot Mini, a Vecco sub ohm tank with an Eco coil pre installed, an extra Eco coil, spare tank glass, and a USB charging cable. All the contents are packed nice and tight with the mod sitting on one side and the rest of the contents in a separate section on the other side of the box. There is also a user manual for the tank and mod as well as a warranty and a few safety and warning cards.

3ffecd94b64acad95df48ab2d639b5b0.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The Tank:

The Vecco tank is a nice little sub ohm tank. This tank measures 22mm by 48mm so it is a perfect fit for the Tarot Mini. This little 2ml tank has really good flavor for a top air flow only tank. The two airflow slots are right below the drip tip and they are adjustable. The coils are small and easy to replace. They have no threading and are just dropped into place. The Vecco also has a massive oring on the bottom of the tank that I am sure contributes greatly to its leak proof design.
dc07238f6a8e6806a513fd10d030314e.jpg

The Vecco takes the EUC family of coils. They are made with the idea of using as little metal as possible in the chassis of the coil. This makes for a coil that is easier to replace and saves the consumer money because the coil does not have the built in cost of a huge metal sleeve. The drop in style of coil this tank uses makes switching coils even in the middle of a tank easy and clean.
0a2fb55a3d1e6864edc33e9a113fc180.jpg

These are the coils and their wattages that are available for the Vecco tank as of this writing. The coils included in the kit are the ceramic .5 ohm SS 316 and the .4 ohm traditional Clapton.

1ba1a4cded0a56fb0d95b8157dc9c782.jpg

All and all this is a really solid little tank that matches really well with this mod. It’s no cloud monster but it will give you a nice, flavorful, satisfying vape.
55d9334e8014ebcaef4033dfc0c8d703.jpg

The Mod:

The Tarot Mini measures 98mm by 38mm by 22.5mm. The 510 pin is very solid and definitely what I have come to expect from Vaporesso products. It has a nice firm spring to it as well as four cut outs for atomizers that still get their air from the bottom. Threading on the 510 is nice and smooth. So far every atomizer I have used on it sits nice and flush. It will take a 22mm atomizer with no overhang.

4a651fc8931728fd0b4188b34d8d135e.jpg

The body of the mod feels hard and smooth. It is made out of Zinc and Aluminium alloy as well as carbon fiber. Mine has the carbon fiber look side panel that almost feels like they are under glass. Branding on the Mini is elegant and subdued. There is battery venting present on the bottom of the mod. On its two widest sides there is branding on one side. On the same side of the branding there is a charge/update port located inside the mod behind the battery cover. I’m not to sure how I feel about this. I understand putting it inside protects it and keeps it clean but I find it annoying that I have to pop the battery cover off in a pinch if I need to charge the mod. I’m honestly not sure if I should list it as a pro or con.
573f707fc731e87d7ddd8bef996c3cb3.jpg

That brings us to the battery door. It’s pretty seamless and really well done. There is a little tab at the base of the cover that allows the user to get their fingernail in there and open the door. The door comes off completely and is held in place by two strong magnets that attach to two recessed magnets. So not only does the door have magnets but the magnets themselves act as a pin so the door has no movement. Pretty ingenious if you ask me. The battery door stays in place and there is no rattle at all.
302f07bfc15a89124b8c64c419dfd6ce.jpg

The battery sled is very nicely done. It has all the appropriate markings but they are black on black and sometimes you have to struggle to see them. I wish companies would start using clearer markings for battery orientation. The battery goes in positive side up and the there is a gold plated spring loaded contact on the positive side. There is also some board venting present right next to the battery. There is no battery ribbon but it's really not needed as the battery comes out fairly easily.

The screen is a .91’ OLED display that is vivid and bright. I can see the screen in most light conditions including direct sunlight. The screen displays your resistance, voltage, wattage/temperature and mode. Basically everything a vaper needs to know about how their mod or tank is behaving.
dbb0c6d96859e9b13eb4f413bd6a6818.jpg

The buttons are small but let's face it this is a small mod so they are in proportion to the rest of the mod. The firing button is shaped like a tiny hexagon. The mode and +/- buttons are shaped like tiny hexagons as well. All of the buttons are responsive and clicky. There is no button rattle at all on this mod.

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

I love the look and feel of this mod. It’s a little powerhouse that is perfect for a pocket or purse. The whole setup is just small and gorgeous. I use the subway a lot and this has become my go to little subway mod. Small enough to keep in a front jacket pocket or even in a front jeans pocket. It just feels nice in your hand. It is a very light mod yet it does not feel like a cheap mod at all. It feels exactly like a taller version of the Vaporesso Nano and that’s a good thing. I actually like this much better than the Nano because I can swap out the battery at will.

I do not like the difference in height between this mod and the Nano. This mod is just too tall and skinny. It gets knocked over very easily especially with a tall tank. Even if you run it with the stock Vecco I would highly recommend you use a vape band on that tank or any other tank you use with this mod. In all honesty they should have not beveled out the base of this mod. It should have been squared off to give it more stability when you put it down. Since they went with this type of base Vaporesso should have included a vape band at the very least.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Board:

The Tarot Mini uses Vaporesso’s proprietary Omni chipset. The Omni board has six main modes. They are Bypass, Smart Variable Wattage Mode, TCR, Nickel, Titanium, and SS 316. It also has Customized Curve of Wattage (CCW) and Customized Curve of Temperature (CCT) modes that allow the vaper to set custom wattage and temperatures in various modes at different half second intervals. This allows for a greater degree of control whether you are in TC or wattage mode.

Smart variable wattage mode is a pretty neat feature as well. Basically, as soon as you screw on a new atomizer you will be asked if this is a new or old coil. Nothing new here right? Wrong, after you answer the chipset will automatically choose the optimum wattage for the coil you have attached. Of course if you do not agree with the wattage the Omni board chose for you this can easily be adjusted. This is a great mode for beginners who may not know where to start off at. It’s pretty accurate as well but to be honest most of the time I wind up bumping it up at least five to ten watts. So the boards recommended wattage does err on the conservative side. At the very least though it gives you a great starting point that you can dial in your vape from.

All the other modes like Nickel, Titanium, and SS are self explanatory. While the Tarot Mini does a decent job in TC it's really not the greatest either. One huge con for me is that I can not choose my wattage in TC. Instead I can only choose my temperature which forces me to vape at a much higher temperature than I normally would because I can’t control the ramp up of the coil. It does do a respectable job in TC but on this mod I prefer wattage mode especially since I am usually running smaller coils and tanks with lower wattages.

The Menu System:

This menu system is definitely beginner friendly and easy to use. I don’t know why more companies do not use a four button setup. It just makes life much easier instead of doing all those clicks with the fire button.

* 5 clicks turns the mod on
* 5 clicks turns the mod off
* Hold the mode button down to go through the different material
* Hold the +/- button down together to flip the screen.
* Click the mode button 3 times quickly to access CCT or CCW modes.
* Hold the - and mode button together to lock the resistance

That’s pretty much it on the menu system. Like I said before the menu system is really well done and simple.

How Does It Vape:

The Tarot Mini vapes great for what it is. Remember this is a small 80 watt mod not a cloud chucking beast. This mod is made for smaller tanks that run lower wattages. You could run it at 80 watts if you want but to be honest your battery life will be horrible. At 40 watts I can get through a good part of the day with the Mini. It does have that hidden charge port but to be honest I prefer just carrying a spare set of 18650”s. Out of all my smaller mods this is one of my favorites to bring with me on short jaunts. It’s also very easy to carry this mod with a fully charged battery and two spares in a battery case if need be.

Conclusion:

So if you are looking for a solid commuter mod or a little setup to use at work or carry around then you may want to check out the Tarot Mini. It does a more than admirable job in that area. Would I buy this for my everyday, only, mod? Sure, but only if I was a low wattage vaper that likes to run small tanks. It does do everything the user asks it to do and does it well. If you need the type of mod I described in your vape arsenal than the Mini would be tough to beat. Definitely a worthy addition to any vapers collection. Overall this is just a great kit for a beginner or someone looking for a small single battery setup that does exactly what it's supposed to do. In that context I highly recommend it and the Mini is DeucesJack approved.

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros For The tank:

* Small
* Leak proof
* Great coil selection
* Good flavor
* Drop in coil system
* Easy to use
* Pairs great with the mod

Cons For Tank:

* Lower wattage tank
* Top airflow only
* Juice capacity

Pros For The Mod:

* Compact
* Build Quality
* Good board
* Nice 510
* 18650 battery can be swapped out easily
* Look and feel
* Great small mod
* 80 watts
* Very pocketable
* Upgradeable
* Easy menu system
* Charge/update port is concealed and protected

Con For The Mod:

* Tiny buttons
* TC could be better
* Charge/update port is behind the battery cover
* Easily knocked over, base should have been wider

Specs:

- Mod:

* 5 to 80W Output
* OMNI Board
* Six Total Output Modes
* 0.05 to 5.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
* 0 to 8.5V Voltage Range
* Smart VW
* Automatically Recommend Ideal Output
* Can Easily Adjust
* Customized Curve of Wattage (CCW)
* Customize Wattage Output By Second Increments
* Customize Ramp Up by 0.5 Second Increments
* Bypass Mode
* Firmware Upgradeable
* Micro USB Charge Port
* Adjacent to Battery Bay
* Automatic Atomizer Recognition
* Temperature Control Suite
* Ni200 Nickel Support
* Titanium Support
* SS316 Support
* Customized Curve of Temperature (CCT)
* Customize Temperature Output Over Time
* TCR Mode
* 200 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
* Atomizer Lock
* Magnetic Battery Access Panel
* Accepts One High Amperage 18650 Battery (Sold Separately)
* 24K Spring Loaded Contacts
* Four Button Control
* Enlarged Hexagon Firing Button
* Hexagon Adjustment Buttons
* Mode Button
* Two Line 0.91 OLED Display
* Temperature Mode and Output
* Output Power
* Atomizer Resistance
* Battery Life Indicator
* Screen Rotation
* Zinc and Aluminum Alloy Construction
* Striking Panel Designs
* Spring Loaded Gold Plated 510 Connection
* Low Voltage/Current/Output Short Circuit/Load/Low Resistance/Overheating/Anti Loaded/Timeout Protection
* 93mm by 38mm by 22.5mm

- Tank:

* 22mm Diameter
* 2ml Tank Capacity
* Threaded Top Fill
* EUC Coil Structure
* Eco Universal Coil
* Drop In Design
* Cost Effective
* Cross Platform Compatible with EUC Sleeve
* Available in Ceramic and Traditional Cotton Wicking
* Organic Cotton Surrounding Ceramic EUC
* Provides Auxiliary Wicking
* Full Organic Cotton on Traditional EUC
* 0.5 ohm 316L Ceramic
25 to 35W
* 0.4 ohm Clapton Traditional
40 to 50W
* Dual Adjustable Top Airflow
* 12mm by 1.5mm Each Airslot
* 6mm Bore Delrin Drip Tip
* Gold Plated 510 Contact

For more information about the Vaporesso Mini Starter go to http://www.vaporesso.com/tarot-mini-kit-vaporesso

If you enjoyed this review please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me here.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors