Become a Patron!

Vaporflask Stout

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So far I haven't had any problems with my purple 4200 mah efest's working, there the same size as the 3500mah purples as well. The 4200 mah green is a little shorter but all fit fine and don't give me any pause about using them. I wonder if the worry about 26650 sizes started with the Mikevapes video? I worried about it after seeing that video but installing and removing the little longer ones have been easy peasy, maybe he had an early production sample?

I tried a purple efest at a local vape shop, and could see it was pushing the battery door out when trying to close it, didn't want to ruin the stout or the battery as hadn't paid for it, so didn't try to force it, maybe slight differences in production as they are only meant to be 1mm to long, such a small amount.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried a purple efest at a local vape shop, and could see it was pushing the battery door out when trying to close it, didn't want to ruin the stout or the battery as hadn't paid for it, so didn't try to force it, maybe slight differences in production as they are only meant to be 1mm to long, such a small amount.

I always just keep my thumb on the battery while closing the door, even with the shorter one. But yeah, I can see how it might snag the wrap when opening but that is also a possibility with the shorter ones as well.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I finally received my silver stout, the purple efest fits but really tight, I didnt open it up for now.
But what bothers me is the button rattle of the up and down buttons! Its really a lot of rattle going on there, the firebutton is perfect thou.
Do you guys have the that issue too?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Until you mentioned it I never bothered to check the button rattle but yeah, if I shake my Silver Stout the up/down buttons do rattle.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Until you mentioned it I never bothered to check the button rattle but yeah, if I shake my Silver Stout the up/down buttons do rattle.
Haha ok, sorry for pointing that out :D

Cons so far in my opinion:

Not deep enough battery tube to fit every 26650 nicely
Button rattle
Small gap between atomizer and mod right above the fire button (or is it only mine?!)

Considering the price point and the experience of these guys with building mods, those issues really shouldnt exist.

Edit: the software/board is working flawless so far, Im surprised how well the standard ss tc mode works for me (0,44mm v4a build).

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My stout has gone back due to getting 'device too hot' message every so often, when I 1st go to vape it, wasn't expecting to get a replacement for it, but vape-forward customer support has been great. straight away offered to replace it, sent me a 2 day priority mail label to return it, and will send me a new tested one as soon as they get mine.

I can't say if my buttons rattle, I don't tend to shake my mods personally :p But my tanks fitted snug on it though.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just picked up a SS Stout this afternoon at a local vape shop. Paid a little premium for it, but I got to take it home, and it was worth the 15% to me. Thank gawd for the 18650 adaptor, because 26650's can't be found locally.

So I dig around, find a "deal" on 2 Imren 26650 5500mah batteries at JJVapes for $23.98 shipped...click click, DONE!

Then I start reading about battery length issues with the Stout here and elsewhere, and now I'm wondering if I bought some stuff that isn't going to work. Anyone tried these Imren's yet?

*** UPDATE ***
Found a couple of places where the battery dimensions are listed as 26.08 dia x 67.17 length. As long as that holds true, they should fit (fingers crossed!)

Last edited:

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The green Efest 4200mah is what you should put in your stout, short enough and enough max. discharge, Imren have a really bad reputation and the high capacity of 5500mah is either total bullshit, or the amp rating is way too low, or both :D

check this: Mooch 26650 test

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What is the output wattage or joules in temp control mode? Can't find that specifically stated anywhere, just "output 100 watts". Hoping that is for both modes. I see that Flawless has a similar 26650 mod that they call a 100w, but output is 50 joules in TC.

edit - guess nobody knows. Well, just have to take a chance and see for myself. 'Cause I, uhh, need another mod...:D

65 bucks with free shipping all 3 colors available (grabbed silver and a MNKE orange for 9 bucks too) here - http://kahunavapor.com/products/vape-forward-vaporflask-stout-100-watt-tc?variant=15487468934

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my black Steam Engine tank to go along with my black stout, the combo just goes together so well.

20160308_174556.jpg

20160308_174543.jpg

20160308_174405.jpg

The Stentorian Steam Engine is my favorite tank and the looks go together with the Stout beautifully. I wish the finish on the black Stout was the same as the Steam Engine though, I don't know if it is anodized but it is not paint.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I started getting "weak battery" warning at higher watts >70 and figured it might be the MNKE 26650's, there are a lot of fakes out there and it's hard to tell them from the authentics. So I got a couple Basens from Liion, same thing. Now I'm told that the board has a 25a limit and that is what is causing it. Anybody else having this issue?

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is indeed a 25 amp limit - same as joytech cuboid. If you have a really low build you can only vape so high. On my .14 RDA I can get 90 max on a fresh battery. On bypass I get 75 or so. Now I don't get a warning on my board. It just will not let me go higher. That said it is still one of my favorite mods.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I like it and use it. And probably would have bought it anyway knowing that. Maybe I missed it, but they should list that in the specs.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just picked up a classic white at my local Avail Vapor. They have them on sale for $59. Also ordered a couple of MNKE 3500 from Vapenw for 6.99/ea. I hope they fit.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow, good price. Their website is not showing the Classic. Stout for $59 and Lite for $49. And yes the minky's will fit.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They didn't list the classic in the email I received. I didn't ask at the shop. I wanted to try a smaller mod with the 26650 to see if I could get extended vape time on a small mod.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They didn't list the classic in the email I received. I didn't ask at the shop. I wanted to try a smaller mod with the 26650 to see if I could get extended vape time on a small mod.

I use MXJO batteries with my stout, and the run time is awesome, it out lives my cuboid which is dual 18650's.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't done any real testing, but my seat of the pants impression was the Stout is coming in somewhere between my single and dual 18650 mods on battery life. Different attys/builds/wattage/etc. so just a feeling. Using Basen and MNKE 26650's.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't done any real testing, but my seat of the pants impression was the Stout is coming in somewhere between my single and dual 18650 mods on battery life. Different attys/builds/wattage/etc. so just a feeling. Using Basen and MNKE 26650's.

I run my Stout and Cuboid at work for the 8.5 work days. The Cuboid gets me ~2.3 days w/HE2 2500mah, vs ~1.8 days with the Basen 4500mah, using a Cubis w/1.5 ohm Clapton coil.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a line on a silicone case or any case for that matter? I don't let my stout leave my computer desk because I want to keep it looking new. That being said I do have a line on a company that is in the process of designing one for the stout. price point is 20 or 25 bucks. http://kloudkase.net/

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the feedback @Psychedelic Biscuit and @Wingsfan0310.

Stay tuned, they're already ordered (eckkk!)...

I generally vape a 1.1-1.2 ohm coil at 20w, so the amp limits shouldn't be horrible for me.

It's getting on to close to a month, and I thought I'd provide an update...

Running the Imren 5500 in the Stout at my normal vaping parameters, I'm getting about 2.5-3.0 days of solid vape time. That equates to 15ml-20ml of juice between batteries. I don't take the batteries completely down either. I usually change them out at 3.4v. According to my charger, it's putting ~4500mah back into the battery. For me and the way I vape, the Imren's are working fine.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a line on a silicone case or any case for that matter? I don't let my stout leave my computer desk because I want to keep it looking new. That being said I do have a line on a company that is in the process of designing one for the stout. price point is 20 or 25 bucks. http://kloudkase.net/
Not as yet. I check for them every 2 days or so, and only wraps or a leather cover on Etsy.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a silicone skin, but these Wud wraps are available. Much better looking than a silicone case imo. Here's the link if you are interested.

Cheers,
Steve

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a silicone skin, but these Wud wraps are available. Much better looking than a silicone case imo. Here's the link if you are interested.

Cheers,
Steve
Nothing against Wud but I'm wanting whatever I settle on to be easily removable. With a silicone sleeve or one of those Kloud Case I can slide the protection on and off as necessary. Leather would be nice too if it weren't cost prohibitive.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nothing against Wud but I'm wanting whatever I settle on to be easily removable. With a silicone sleeve or one of those Kloud Case I can slide the protection on and off as necessary. Leather would be nice too if it weren't cost prohibitive.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Agreed, I'd rather have a silicone sleeve as well. I really wish they made the Classic in SS. Then I wouldn't use any type of sleeve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never actually put a sleeve or skin on any of my mods. I don't sweat getting a scratch or two on my mods, plus I usually like they way they look and don't want to cover them up. I don't put plastic covers on my furniture either :D. The only reason I mentioned the Wud skin is because it's the first time I've actually been tempted to buy one. I think the Padauk would look great on my Black Lavabox.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit What I was trying to say is I would only put a skin on if I thought it might actually improve the look of the mod. I wouldn't consider putting one on my Blood Red Lavabox because I love the way it looks as is.

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My silver one already has a few scratches. Zinc alloy can be made pretty hard, but this material is not. Would have been nice if they used stainless steel, but it would have been a bit more expensive...

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm okay with my silver one. You really do not notice the scratches, methinks. I also have stickers on it to pretty it up. A nice cloud chasers logo.

CalBlackSheep

Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve
This is getting bookmarked. No need for it yet. But if it starts showing too much wear this will be prefect. Though I have thought about rubberized grip tape like they use for pistol grips. It's a lil on the slippery side. Which is why I've made a habit of resting it on my pinky while holding LoL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Chongo666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you have an ETSY account ( can download the app or website ) look up sillynilly leathers . She makes very nice leather case for mods . I have a few and one for my stout .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    750.9 KB · Views: 33

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just wanted to give another update.

The stout is still my absolute favourite mod, it doesnt matter if Im at home or out, its the only mod Im using since I got it, I was vaping it in the rain, at really cold days outside, it was in my motorbike-jacket during drives in the rain and became really wet a couple of times (not a good jacket).
And was dropped a couple of times too. Still going strong!
Battery life is outstanding and the purple Efest fit better now, battery wrap has some dents but no scratches.
Even thou the purples are a bit tall, the battery door is still working nicely, no play nothing there.
The finish on the silver one is still nice imho, there are a lot of scratches in the coating but you really cant see them if you dont look very closely.
So far no misfires, no software issues, nothing.

The only thing that really bothers me is that much more people I meet now, want to vape it because it looks "nice" and "feels really good in the hand" ;)
Vaping at 30-50 watts this mod is all I ever needed.

I'm getting between 3/4 to a full day out of the green Efest 4200mAh 26650's using the COV Defiant with the .5ohm ceramic coil @ 55w and COV Phoenix .5ohm "semi permanent" ceramic coil @ 60-70w. If I chain vape it the Stout can get pretty warm but not uncomfortable (for me at least).

I am disappointed in the Efest 26650s though. I ordered the Efests after the Vape360 battery tests declared them to be the same cell as the Brillpowers which nobody had in stock. Not knocking Mooch and Vape360 at all, those guys are doing God's work. I think the lack of 26650 devices has stalled development over the years. Hopefully someone is working on some new cells now that there are more than a handful of devices out.

Unrelated to the Stout, I also ordered a new Nitecore D2 with the Efests as all I had was an old I2 that doesn't charge 26650s. Well, out of the box slot 1 will charge the 26650s for about 15-20 min and then "stall". Slot 2 will charge them, but it requires checking the voltage after a little while because sometimes it will recognize the cell but not charge it. Rotating the cell in the slot will eventually get it to charge, but it's a PITA either way. All of my 18650s charge in both slots every time with no issues.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been really pleased with my efest Blu6 charger, will charge (2) 26650's at 2 amps and gets them done fast. The 26650's actually charge faster than my 18650's, the later I was told was only safe to charge at 1 amp. I initially got the Blu6 to charge (3) 18650's at 1 amp since my Xtar VC4 was limited to only (2) 18650's at 1 amp to charge the 3 batts for both my reuleaux's, the performance with 26650's was just a bonus.

efest makes the new 6 bay charger without the bluetooth feature for about $20 now, the bluetooth is not really needed.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Stout too, it is in the 3 mod rotation with the IPV5 and Reuleaux. The Stout is my go to for the road, great mod.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have an ETSY account ( can download the app or website ) look up sillynilly leathers . She makes very nice leather case for mods . I have a few and one for my stout .
Seems beautiful where do you get this and do they have different colors?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Found one online for $30, which is a steal for mod of this quality even if it means having to purchase some new batteries. It uses its space very efficiently so it's a fair bit smaller than a dual 18 650 mod. Comfortable to hold. Excellent Machining. Feels expensive. The fire button is incredibly responsive: probably my favorite firing button on any of my mods which I wouldn't have expected just looking at it since it just looks like a small standard firing button.

I'm using Demonfire 26650s and getting very good battery life. I don't have any hard data; didn't run any tests; I'm just speaking from personal experience.
7010a31659ad51b8e5cecc4cfb54f24a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't used my Stout in awhile but Vaptio sent the Throne tank for review and gave a great reason to use my Stout again. I love the form factor and it has been reliable as hell, I probably have more hours of use on my Stout than any other mod in my collection.

f57b02a3dd910cc9eb89af25d6b591b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have 2 more new 22mm attys to pair with it on the way :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Local shop had a supply of classics and Stoughton $30/each. I've got one of each, classic in black and stout in stainless. I am thinking of grabbing their last classic in white, just to have.

Bummed, I was hopeing that I would b able to use those shockli 5500's, but as they are almost a mm longer then the efest purple 4200, and the efest barely fit, looks like I'm out of luck.

VU Sponsors