Become a Patron!

Vapors Tongue (Fatigue)

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
WOW, a lot to catch up on in 24Hrs. Ok so i did experiment a little last night. Coffee inhalation did nothing, started drinking more water, see how that goes, i did get a jar of pickled onions and ate some, that somewhat helped but only for an hour, tried sucking peppermint and that helps a little for a short time. I think i will try to cut back a little tho and see how it goes, Unfortunatley i smoked heavily, 40+ a day and only gave up in January this year, i am still on Nic and i do chain vape, ive lost count of how many times a day i refill my tank, if anything, the lack of flavour and enjoyment right now has forcibly made me cut back slightly on chain vaping, so im going to avoid my desserts for a short while, i will stick with the fruit, menthols, blackjacks etc for a bit and see if it helps any as i can taste them a bit better, then ill give the desserts a go again, i thank all of you for the advice, i know most of you have probably been where i am right now, and its frustrating, but im determined to plod on, again, many thanks, i appreciate all your comments.

Happened to me last night. I couldn't taste anything. I found drinking water and then repeatedly filling up my mouth with water gargling right at the back of my throat, and then spitting it out and then swapping tanks and hitting a little bit of a 'frozen' eliquid that has that menthol type coolness (don't know how else to describe it) cured it.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I really want some hot wings now. Unfortunately because I'm in the UK its impossible to get 'proper' wings and I have to make them to get anything I consider acceptable. I do still have some Franks hot sauce and Naga ghost chillies in the cupboard though, maybe a trip to the butchers is in order.......

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
eat something spicy, works for me every time
I just had issues again, and so off the back of your tip I poured out a tablespoon of Franks hot sauce, rolled it around my mouth and swallowed.

Sorted me right out! it was a flavour sensation vaping after that! Thank you :bliss:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A tablespoon of Franks Red hot sauce rolled around on my tongue :sad:
I would be in pain for at least 1/2 hour and after drinking a quart or so of beverage.
Hot peppers just cause me pain.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
eat something spicy, works for me every time

Wonder if this is why I do not experience this phenomenon. We eat jalapeños, cayenne, habanero and ghost peppers on everything, every meal, every day. This will lead to some reading later.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WOW, a lot to catch up on in 24Hrs. Ok so i did experiment a little last night. Coffee inhalation did nothing, started drinking more water, see how that goes, i did get a jar of pickled onions and ate some, that somewhat helped but only for an hour, tried sucking peppermint and that helps a little for a short time. I think i will try to cut back a little tho and see how it goes, Unfortunatley i smoked heavily, 40+ a day and only gave up in January this year, i am still on Nic and i do chain vape, ive lost count of how many times a day i refill my tank, if anything, the lack of flavour and enjoyment right now has forcibly made me cut back slightly on chain vaping, so im going to avoid my desserts for a short while, i will stick with the fruit, menthols, blackjacks etc for a bit and see if it helps any as i can taste them a bit better, then ill give the desserts a go again, i thank all of you for the advice, i know most of you have probably been where i am right now, and its frustrating, but im determined to plod on, again, many thanks, i appreciate all your comments.

First off... no need to be in a rush to "get off nicotine". Most of us vape nicotine, and quite a few of us have ZERO intention of ever stopping. Nicotine isn't the bad guy, smoke is. In fact just lately I'm gradually raising my nic level from the 2.9mg I had gotten to, to see if it will help some of my "spaciness" -- that "tip of the tongue" phenom has been bothering me a lot lately, and at 57, I have to be wary of that; both my grandmothers suffered some form of dementia -- alzheimers for one, and senile dementia for the other -- so I'm thinking I'll go back up to about 5mg, for the protective effects of nicotine on cognition.

And secondly... keep in mind that vapor isn't food, and will never have as intense a flavor as food does. If it's a pleasant flavor, that's probably about the best you can reasonably expect; if it's better than "pleasant," that's just a bonus.

Thirdly... if you're vaping huge amounts, chain-vaping, and still experiencing cravings for smoking, then you might be one who could benefit from WTA, whole tobacco alkaloids. They're NOT for those who haven't yet quit the butts, and are no "magic wand" to help anyone lay the butts down, so they're not usually mentioned unless someone has already quit, is doing ok with just vaping but experiencing bad cravings; that was the case for me, and WTA completely banished the cravings -- I could never vape higher than 10mg nicotine, but with WTA, I didn't have to; it was the other tobacco alkaloids that were causing the problem, not the nicotine.

I've been off regular use of WTA since March of 2016 (I sometimes add a drop or two to my atty if I'm stressed, but it's not in my regular ADV), so I don't really know where they can be purchased anymore, but I'm sure others round here can supply that info.

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A tablespoon of Franks Red hot sauce rolled around on my tongue :sad:
I would be in pain for at least 1/2 hour and after drinking a quart or so of beverage.
Hot peppers just cause me pain.
NO thanks I just avoid hot (spicy) foods.
Bananna peppers is as hot as I go and just a few of those.
And vaping my DIY I never get vapers tongue.

I'm with you on that, for the most part -- I do like black pepper, coarse-ground in our own pepper grinder, but I don't use a ton of it, just enough for a nice piquancy. I also enjoy hot chinese mustard, but hot horseradish is a different kind of hot from peppers -- it seems to be hotter in its scent, in the sinuses, than on the tongue. But all that other shit, this or that kind of peppers for masochists, NO THANKS! I like to taste my food, and food that's too spicy just completely short-circuits my tastebuds so I can't taste anything.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm with you on that, for the most part -- I do like black pepper, coarse-ground in our own pepper grinder, but I don't use a ton of it, just enough for a nice piquancy. I also enjoy hot chinese mustard, but hot horseradish is a different kind of hot from peppers -- it seems to be hotter in its scent, in the sinuses, than on the tongue. But all that other shit, this or that kind of peppers for masochists, NO THANKS! I like to taste my food, and food that's too spicy just completely short-circuits my tastebuds so I can't taste anything.

Andria
Yep horseradish is ok. It 's hot goes away fairly quick and is delish on beef!
Black pepper too is ok.
However Cayenne, and that kind of peppers just keep getting hotter with me. No flavor just pain and it kills the flavor of anything else for me.
And is QUITE painful. Took me along time to understand how that they did not impact most people they way they did me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep horseradish is ok. It 's hot goes away fairly quick and is delish on beef!
Black pepper too is ok.
However Cayenne, and that kind of peppers just keep getting hotter with me. No flavor just pain and it kills the flavor of anything else for me.
And is QUITE painful. Took me along time to understand how that they did not impact most people they way they did me.

I've sometimes added just a smidge of cayenne to homemade bean soup -- a SMIDGE. A tiny pinch in a whole kettle of soup is actually pretty good. But one time I experimented with a chinese recipe for "hot garlic shrimp," which uses way more than a smidge of cayenne... and I was really peeved that I couldn't enjoy it at all. Since then, I stick to a bit of coarse-ground black pepper, or that tiny smidge of cayenne in a whole kettle of soup. :D My husband buys jalopenos and eats them with lots of stuff... but I don't even like the SMELL of them, nevermind the taste! My son likes that sriracha shit. But my son is the kid that when he was 4 months old, when we went out to eat, he'd grab the jalopenos off my husband's plate and suck on them with every indication of enjoyment. :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh I will put a bit of hot pepper in my Chili, but just a bit.
A tiuny bit is good in many things.
But hot chicken wings and such? Fugidaboutit.
If i want pain I will just smack my finger with a hammer.

Vaping a Kanger Subtank Mini at 200 watts might be less bad to me than eating hot wings and such.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At the time when I was experiencing vaper's toungue it lasted for about a week. Aside from having patience, the cure that finally worked for me was three-fold:
  1. Taking lots of small sips of carbonized water. Rolling it over my toungue, squeezing it with the back of my toungue, sucking on each sip before swallowing, etc..
  2. Putting the drip tip of my RDA a little bit deeper into my mouth and tilting it upwards, away from my toungue each time I pressed the fire button.
  3. Vaping a lemon flavored e-juice that is neither too acidic nor too sharp/harsh for my likings (Lemon Tart by Dinner Lady).

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Probably a dumb question, but when was the last time you changed your coil/rewicked your coils? If you've been using the same one for a while, even if it doesn't taste burnt yet, you could be losing a lot of flavor.

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Probably a dumb question, but when was the last time you changed your coil/rewicked your coils? If you've been using the same one for a while, even if it doesn't taste burnt yet, you could be losing a lot of flavor.
I change coils and rewick as and when i need to, i usually clean my coils, Aliens, and usually just for the sake of it i change them every 1 to 2 week, people talk about wire cost, but it really isnt that expensive and ive an abundance of Alien wire i need to use up, as for rewicking, thats generally every 2 days, ive seen people go weeks before changing cotton, but im using cotton bacon v2 in a Kensei, i find after 2 days the flavour starts to fade and the tank starts to leak from the air intakes a little, rewicking at this point solves the problem.

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Just to add, its definitley a case of VT, ive 4 different tanks, 1 with KA Aliens, 1 with SS Aliens, and the other 2 have twisted SS builds, its the same with all of them, pretty flavourless.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use a combination of chocolate (dark is best), sniffing coffee grounds, rinsing with vinegar, lemon juice, and varying e liquid flavors. Citrus fruit doesn't hurt either.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Never heard this one before and next time VT strikes I will be having a nice salad with Red wine Vinegar~!

An oil and vinegar salad sound pretty good anyway.

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Posting this here as it doesnt really fit any other category.
So, been vaping a while and usually enjoy my flavours without any issues, I mainly vape Desserts and Aniseeds, spearmints, the odd menthol, but 95% desserts.
This last week, a problem has developed, i cant taste anything im vaping, ive got banana and custards, vanillas, cookie dough, donuts, cherry tunes, tried loads, and i get a slight, every so slight taste, but mainly, its just plain, may as well be vaping cooking oil, menthols i get the feeling in my throat from menthol, but again, no taste.
Its absolutley doing my nut in now, i dont know what to do, or how long this will last, is it permament, will it go away???
Does anyone know of anything i can do to resolve this problem, or try anything that may help.

Having the samething going on.... A tank of Nillionair OG and can taste that one just fine. Taste on others coming back....

Th3_uN1Qu3

Member For 1 Year
I've had it a few times. What does it for me is switching flavors throughout the day and staying hydrated. I vape 5-15ml a day so it's usually 2 or 3 tanks on my (now modified with SS316 coil) Aspire Cleito, i carry at least 2 flavors in my laptop bag. Another thing that worked for me is to vape a flavor that I previously didn't like, then go back to my favorite. It will taste so much better then. :D

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A couple of spicy Bloody Mary's. Also eating a few oranges clears it up for me.

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had it a few times. What does it for me is switching flavors throughout the day and staying hydrated. I vape 5-15ml a day so it's usually 2 or 3 tanks on my (now modified with SS316 coil) Aspire Cleito, i carry at least 2 flavors in my laptop bag. Another thing that worked for me is to vape a flavor that I previously didn't like, then go back to my favorite. It will taste so much better then. :D

Not any flavors i get i don't like. Vape shop i go to has test bottles 0% nic of every flavor they sell. About 800 different juices..

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not any flavors i get i don't like. Vape shop i go to has test bottles 0% nic of every flavor they sell. About 800 different juices..

Unless you vape 0mg all the time, 0mg testers are a terrible way to know if an ejuice suits you, because nicotine does change the taste -- slightly with low levels, but profoundly at higher levels. It also adds a "time factor" to ejuice -- with nicotine in the mix, quite a few ejuices need some time "steeping", to taste good or even to taste like much of anything at all. It's chemistry -- everything you add to the mix, including nicotine and time, influences the end result either a little or a lot.

Andria

MichaelPhillips

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unless you vape 0mg all the time, 0mg testers are a terrible way to know if an ejuice suits you, because nicotine does change the taste -- slightly with low levels, but profoundly at higher levels. It also adds a "time factor" to ejuice -- with nicotine in the mix, quite a few ejuices need some time "steeping", to taste good or even to taste like much of anything at all. It's chemistry -- everything you add to the mix, including nicotine and time, influences the end result either a little or a lot.

Andria

0mg on the testers 3mg on my everyday vape i don't notice a difference. Crown 3---Voopoo Uforce with fireluke mesh coils always seem to put out good flavor...

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had it a few times. What does it for me is switching flavors throughout the day and staying hydrated.
This is what I had to do, I have a rotation set up for home and then when at work I take a couple of mods with me and switch off during the day.
Just get a bag, its a PIA trying to carry everything and opening a door with your badge, found that out a long time ago.. HAHA

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
0mg on the testers 3mg on my everyday vape i don't notice a difference. Crown 3---Voopoo Uforce with fireluke mesh coils always seem to put out good flavor...

Yeah, probably not too much diff in the taste at such a low level of nic. I know that as I decreased my nic, and finally eliminated WTA, I had to drastically reduce sweetener, and then set about lowering the flavoring overall.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just making some Chili Onions for Hot Dogs on the Grill tonight and I went a little bit overboard on the Chili Powder so no vapers tongue for me~!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I roll my tongue when I take a drag now. I got into the habit because I was getting VT really frequently. It was the only tip that worked for me. I haven't had symptoms for several months since practicing this technique. I do it pretty much subconsciously now. Everyones different, hopefully this post helps somebody else.

VU Sponsors