Become a Patron!

Vapor's tongue?

BigJRyan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my favorite mint flavor i have been using for about a year now somehow lost flavor to me. I looked it up and my situation seems to be vapor's tongue. Has anyone else experienced this? Im just curious, iv looked up how to deal with it but it is definitely frustrating.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yep, it's frustrating. There are a bunch of threads around here about it, vaping health, I think. People try all kinds of things to fix it or make it better, but for me, time is the best option. It does pass. Got any juice you didn't like? Now's the time to vape it up.

Drink lots of water every day, brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Vaping can dry out your mouth pretty badly, including your nose, so I use saline nasal spray fairly regularly. I don't get vaper's tongue often, but still do from time to time.

Stuff I've tried that works for some, but never worked for me:

Drinking strong coffee, sniffing strong coffee beans (or ground), chugging a carbonated sugary soda, eating pickles, drinking pickle juice, saltine crackers, mouthwash.... I know I'm missing something. Oh, vape unflavored eliquid.

Changing up your flavors can keep it at bay. If you have a cinnamon or menthol juice, try that out.

Time has been the only thing that always works. Vape through it, boring as it may be :(

BigJRyan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks so much man, i really appreciate it!!

BigJRyan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you! And you can call me james, ryan is my last name

Last edited:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You should call Huckleberried "Mam" She's a girl.
Okay she does have a beard, but it's just a clip-on.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's cool. You are not the first one to think Huck is a dude.

BigJRyan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks again to everyone for the help. I drank alot of water and used alot of mouthwash and tongue brushing and finally i can taste my go-to mint flavor again I had a problem with dehydration in high school with sports so it made sense that this would happen. Id probably still be strugglin if it wasnt for the help i got on here. Vape on ladies and gents!

VU Sponsors