Become a Patron!

Vaporshark DNA 133

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apperently Vaporshark has a DNA 133 and it's already out. It's the same box as the VS 200 but takes duel 18650's. It's supposed to be about $160. Has anyone seen one in the wild? This is all news to me and sounds like it could be the perfect mod.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Apperently Vaporshark has a DNA 133 and it's already out. It's the same box as the VS 200 but takes duel 18650's. It's supposed to be about $160. Has anyone seen one in the wild? This is all news to me and sounds like it could be the perfect mod.
They also have a flask coming out in the very near future.
Same specs though, dual 18650, 2a charging ... Unsire of price; but, I would guess Around the same cost

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They also have a flask coming out in the very near future.
Same specs though, dual 18650, 2a charging ... Unsire of price; but, I would guess Around the same cost

The flask is out. I suffered through a mike vapes video so I could get a look at it. Somebody on Reddit claims to have seen both in a local B&M.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did they say what price they settled in for the flask.?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From what I heard they launched the Flask at Vape X in Vegas. They were selling them there but I haven't seen them go live with online yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm thinking ~$200 for the flask. I'd love for it to be lower, but I'm not holding my breath. I've never had a flask (well at least not one for vaping :vino::giggle:)

Cheers,
Steve
I hope that's not the price. Price is what kept me away from the SX Flask. Still would love to snag one. I think the Flask is one of the best form factors out there. Love the flask.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope that's not the price. Price is what kept me away from the SX Flask. Still would love to snag one. I think the Flask is one of the best form factors out there. Love the flask.

I'm in the same boat, I'd love to get one but not for 2 bills. For that price I'd rather get two VT133's and still have $40 left in my pocket.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm in the same boat, I'd love to get one but not for 2 bills. For that price I'd rather get two VT133's and still have $40 left in my pocket.
Hence my torn point... WHo will be better suited for after POS service?
VS should be sitting well to survive the fda regs
I've always said if they ever make a good DNA board over 60w I want that in a flask
The vt133 kicks ass
I don't need 2a charging with 18650s, I won't use the onboard charger
Vaporshark finally solved the issue with their finishes My dna200 from January still looks like it just came out the box

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hence my torn point... WHo will be better suited for after POS service?
VS should be sitting well to survive the fda regs
I've always said if they ever make a good DNA board over 60w I want that in a flask
The vt133 kicks ass
I don't need 2a charging with 18650s, I won't use the onboard charger
Vaporshark finally solved the issue with their finishes My dna200 from January still looks like it just came out the box
I never really expect POS service from Hcigar (before or after the regs). The only reason I bought Hcigar stuff is because they have DNA200 chips in them. I know Evolv will take care of me. I'm assuming Evolv will still be around, but who really knows what's going to happen with these looming Dooming Regs! :grumpy::mad:

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I never really expect POS service from Hcigar (before or after the regs). The only reason I bought Hcigar stuff is because they have DNA200 chips in them. I know Evolv will take care of me. I'm assuming Evolv will still be around, but who really knows what's going to happen with these looming Dooming Regs! :grumpy::mad:

Cheers,
Steve
I know, thats the part that makes the price tag so attractive. Had I not gone through the back and forth exchange crap with the dna40s there would be no thinking about it, and I would just grab the hcgars.
-It just makes practical sense, the mods are functionally identical

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only reason I bought the VT133 was for form factor and dual 18650's. I really have no allegiance to any manufacturer. If they make a good product I'm in. Conversely there are a few companies I do stay away from due to a past bad experience.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Yeah man, really hard to justify a $160-$200 price tag with the VT133 out there. I don't understand why Wismec can do a flask at a decent price point but Vapor Shark can not. The SX Flask was way over priced as well.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah man, really hard to justify a $160-$200 price tag with the VT133 out there. I don't understand why Wismec can do a flask at a decent price point but Vapor Shark can not. The SX Flask was way over priced as well.
That's the review I watched part of. I saw a bit more and I'm looking forward to seeing the etched sharks.

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish I could try one of these things, the design is so neat

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you ever opened up a Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 you would know. They cut corners everywhere possible. Cheaper 510, no daughter board for reverse polarity protection (cheap battery ripping rings instead), cheap wiring, probably cheap labor as well. I'm not trying to be a smart ass but after checking mine out, I'd never buy a Wismec/Joyetech mod again. By the way the Joyetech board in the Flask is a lot cheaper that the DNA200 board.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you ever opened up a Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 you would know. They cut corners everywhere possible. Cheaper 510, no daughter board for reverse polarity protection (cheap battery ripping rings instead) cheap wiring, probably cheap labor as well. I'm not trying to be a smart ass but after checking mine out, I'd never buy a Wismec/Joyetech mod again. By the way the Joyetech board in the Flask is a lot cheaper that the DNA200 board.

I hear what you're saying but my point is Hcigar does a DNA133 for $88. VF does a Flask for under $80. My point is if you combined the 2, a flask housing and a DNA133 chip you should be able to come to market at a better price point. Listen, I'm probably going to break down and buy one but it pisses me off is all I'm saying. Lmao.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you ever opened up a Wismec Reuleaux DNA200 you would know. They cut corners everywhere possible. Cheaper 510, no daughter board for reverse polarity protection (cheap battery ripping rings instead) cheap wiring, probably cheap labor as well. I'm not trying to be a smart ass but after checking mine out, I'd never buy a Wismec/Joyetech mod again. By the way the Joyetech board in the Flask is a lot cheaper that the DNA200 board.
right? oyetech board is about 20$ the sx board and the dna are both in the 70-80 dollar range.
also, the chasis itself for the sx, vapor shak and vapor flask is made a little nicer.

I owned a oyetech mod early in my vape years.. NEVER again.

I hear what you're saying but my point is Hcigar does a DNA133 for $88. VF does a Flask for under $80. My point is if you combined the 2, a flask housing and a DNA133 chip you should be able to come to market at a better price point. Listen, I'm probably going to break down and buy one but it pisses me off is all I'm saying. Lmao.
I'm with you on that.. I ustify it by looking at my dna40 mods and knowing that if they broke today, it would be a maximum of 25$ to have them fixed, and those are a year old.

that and I do REALLY LIKE THEM> its a fine line between fanboy and sucker. hahaha

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you bro. The thing is when the VT133 came out I think it was ~$150, heck I still think it's $120+ at FT. Were just lucky for whatever reason on that one. I definitely understand what you are saying though. I'll be priced out if it's $200 and I'd really like to get one. The other thing is VS mainly sells their mods in house so they can control the price better (Sort of like Yihi with the SX Minis). If Hcigar had anything to say about it, I bet we would have never got the VT133's for the price we have.

Cheers,
Steve

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought Joyetech had stepped it up with the new chip in their mods

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So they have a VS dna200 that takes 2 18650 in the square housing. I've always wanted a VS but stayed away due to lipo packs. I never go over 133w anyways. I hope it's true, I would so grab one.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They have definitely improved. They do decent TC, are now upgradable and even have flappy birds! (o_O) However, a lot of people have bad experiences from before the improvements and are leary of anything with Joytech's name on it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So they have a VS dna200 that takes 2 18650 in the square housing. I've always wanted a VS but stayed away due to lipo packs. I never go over 133w anyways. I hope it's true, I would so grab one.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is an actual chip with a 133w limit, not a DNA 200 limited by the 18650's.

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that makes sense
I hear Sigelei had some bad runs as well
I'm still very happy with my Sigelei 150TC, performs great
sometimes I like waiting about 2 months after a mod is released to hear what the users have to say
I've heard pretty good things about Joyetech's VTC Mini so I'm optimistic about their new products

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Wismec flask. Great mod that doesn't dissapoint. In fact it's one of my favorites. I only vape in Tc and Tc is fine on it. My only minor complaint is the thing is a scratch magnet.

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hate the initial scratches you get on a device, alot of the times it happens without notice and you realize until it's already there :gaah:
been thinking about buying some skins for some devices, some actually look pretty sweet

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is an actual chip with a 133w limit, not a DNA 200 limited by the 18650's.

they have both a flask 133 and a shark 133 coming out.

its the dna200 tuned down to 133w so that it can be powered by 2 18650s
as to the finish, they did resolve the issue.. at least my daily carry with a anuary born on date, still looks brand new.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
they have both a flask 133 and a shark 133 coming out.

its the dna200 tuned down to 133w so that it can be powered by 2 18650s
as to the finish, they did resolve the issue.. at least my daily carry with a anuary born on date, still looks brand new.

Mine has the update finish and so far it doesn't have a mark on it, other than around the 510. I carry every in my pocket and don't even need the shark skin.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No it's a DNA200 chip. That chip is 200 watts with 3 batteries in series. It's limited to 133 watts with 2 batteries in series. In Escribe you have to select the number of batteries. There are a few mods that can be run either way (DX200, Efusion Duo) but like I said when switching, you have to go into Escribe and change the cell number at the very least (you should also change WH and if you really want to do it right, the battery CSV).

Evolv does have a different chip, the DNA75 that is 75 watts but runs off of 1 battery or multiple batteries in parallel.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a heads up - Vaporshark has released the DNA 200 (133) vapor flask with customizable artwork..
@Deucesjack @f1r3b1rd @skt239

Cheers,
Steve
Wow! I thought it was going to be closer to $200. Never ordered from Vaporshark. Do they ever do any sales or coupon codes? They seem real high price wise on all their other stuff.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! I thought it was going to be closer to $200. Never ordered from Vaporshark. Do they ever do any sales or coupon codes? They seem real high price wise on all their other stuff.

I thought it was going to ~$200 as well. On Holidays they sometimes have codes. I'm almost positive they had one for Memorial Day (It was either 10% or 15% off iirc). I'm not sure if they had one on the 4th because I didn't look.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They do a 15% off sometimes. I thought of waiting but I wanted to make sure I was in before Aug 8th though

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Am I understanding this right . The flask will not be the only 133 dual 18650 mod coming from VS ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Am I understanding this right . The flask will not be the only 133 dual 18650 mod coming from VS ?

That is my understanding

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think it's as easy as a sell as it once was. There are so many good deals out now that almost 2 bills for a DNA 133 mod is tough for people to swallow. Heck we were all buying the VT133 for under $80.

I'm not saying it's not a great mod or it's not worth it. I just think it's a reality of the market. I also don't think they did themselves any favors when they came out with the cheaper Vape forward line. Makes their more expensive stuff harder to move. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think it's as easy as a sell as it once was. There are so many good deals out now that almost 2 bills for a DNA 133 mod is tough for people to swallow. Heck we were all buying the VT133 for under $80.

I'm not saying it's not a great mod or it's not worth it. I just think it's a reality of the market. I also don't think they did themselves any favors when they came out with the cheaper Vape forward line. Makes their more expensive stuff harder to move. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Steve
Well, I reckon time will tell.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Cheers,
Steve
Agreed, while I am a huge fan of the form factor of a flask it's a tough buy to reconcile in my head when I have purchased 2 VT133'S for under $80 a piece. I do believe that the closer we come to 8/8 the more new mods will flood the market. I am of the opinion that every mod manufacturer will be looking for a last hurrah. Will that make Vaporshark adjust their pricing? Only time will tell.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I reckon time will tell.
I'm not saying they won't sell out and I wasn't dissing the mod. I think a lot of people are having to swallow hard first. Think about it for a bit instead of just pulling the trigger.

I know there are mods that I've bought that I wouldn't pay the list price for. A Blood Red Lavabox retails for $169 but no way in hell I'd pay that, especially now. I think the uncertainty of the climate isn't helping either (pending regs). Hell I could be out in left field on this. I was just thinking out loud.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They supposed to drop a traditional form factor shark, that km betting will be in the 150$ neighborhood

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm not saying they won't sell out and I wasn't dissing the mod. I think a lot of people are having to swallow hard first. Think about it for a bit instead of just pulling the trigger.

I know there are mods that I've bought that I wouldn't pay the list price for. A Blood Red Lavabox retails for $169 but no way in hell I'd pay that, especially now. I think the uncertainty of the climate isn't helping either (pending regs). Hell I could be out in left field on this. I was just thinking out loud.

Cheers,
Steve
Well, that uncertainty and lack of available dual 18550 models I think is where it plays to the vs advantage.
Not knowing how it's gonna play out , having something that I can get serviced in the us makes the price a little more palatable. Especially when we are talking about a mod that fires anything over a mod like say a prorape, that's limited. nothing against anything else out there, because in the end the only thing fool proof is a mech, but something USA backing helps me feel more secure. If something happens to my vt133, Im fixing it myself

VU Sponsors