Become a Patron!

Vaporstorm PUMA bos mod. "Fantastic plastic"

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hello, friends!

Today I would like to speak about Vaporstorm Puma – box mod, which is oriented on younger part of vape auditory, as I think.

DSC_1117.jpg

It came to me in the box with magnet cover, where, on sides, you can find some useful info about such a device, for example – specifications, protection list, color, warnings and certificates, scratch code.

DSC_1121.jpg
DSC_1122.jpg

The set is ascetic as a monk`s life and includes the minimum of extra components

Vaporstorm Puma set info:
1 * Vaporstorm Puma box mod;
1 * USB cable;
1 * User manual;
1 * Warranty card​

The box mod is compact and is made of a pleasant for touch plastic, and the last one is of a cheap material and poor quality. But device looks stylish, and you can find your own fashionable color. One note for manufacturer: if you write «black and red» - this don`t mean a pair of little red areas on the body ;)

Vaporstorm Puma parameters:
Sizes: 80,7 mm * 43 mm * 40 mm;
Materials: Plastic, stainless steel;
Colors: Dark hacky, light hacky, black`n`white, blue, colored​

On the face side of the device there is a middle-sized black and white display, «Fire» button, «+» and «-» rocket and micro USB port.
The display is informative, with good brightness and with a little overcrowding of elements. Buttons, being pressed, make a loud ringing click, but do not gingle and have no misfires.

DSC_1130.jpg

On the sides we can find 2 venting holes. I don`t like such a decision, because it`s not good, when you see the batteries through the body. Also, of course, such a way will grab dirt and dust. Maybe, the colored or blue version will hide such a minus by their bright palette, but this is a critical moment for me.

DSC_1133.jpg

On the top there is a spring-loaded 510 connector with a platform, which allows to set atomizers up to 26-27 mm flush.

DSC_1135.jpg

As for the back cover, it`s fixed to body of Vaporstorm Puma with the help of 2 hidden magnets. It suits good, has no backlashes, but when you twist it in arms, it once again proves cheapness of plastic.
Box mod works with 2 batteries of 18650 type, and a special polarity indicator helps you set them correctly.

DSC_1137.jpg

The main screen shows us such indices as wattage, temperature, mode name, battery indicators, resistance, voltage, current and puff time.

DSC_1141.jpg

For to turn the device on/off you need to push «Fire» for 5 times.

For to enter the menu, you need to clamp «+» and «-» at the same time, and then the icon in the upper right of the display will flash, and we can choose between mods

VW, TC (Ni, Ti, SS), TCR (M1, M2) or BYPASS. The activation is made by "Fire".

DSC_1149.jpg
DSC_1148.jpg
DSC_1147.jpg
DSC_1146.jpg
DSC_1145.jpg
DSC_1144.jpg
DSC_1150.jpg

The choice of M1 and M2 indices occurs immediately after the corresponding steaming mode is selected, and this is convenient: you don`t need to make another combinations of buttons. The choice of wattage in TC mode is similar.

DSC_1152.jpg

The cross between °C and °F is is performed upon reaching their maximum values.

This is all about sets of box mod. I couldn`t find any info about preheat, firmware info, etc.

Of course, the system has some important messages about mistakes of work, and you can find them in user manual and remember.

DSC_1143.jpg

Vaporstorm Puma specifications:
Wattage: 5-200W;
Output voltage: 6,4 – 8,4V;
Resistance: 0,06-3 Оhm;
Modes: VW, Bypass, TC (Ni, Ti, SS), TCR (M1, M2);
Temperature range: 100-315℃/200-600℉;
Charge current: 1,5A;
Thread: 510, spring-loaded;
Battery: Two high-rated 18650;
Protection list: from short circuit, low and high voltage, 10 sec cut off, from overheating
Pros:
Sizes;
Simple menu;
Informative display;
Doesn`t get hot;
Good looking

Cons:
Quality of materials;
Battery visibility

CV
Well, the device`s made antagonistic to oneself. Form the one side, compact sizes, colors and functional attract me to, but on the other side the poor quality of plastic and battery visibility repel.
I can say, that I like the simple menu and its navigation, that box mod doesn`t get hot.
As for the price, it`s about 35-45$, and this is a two-fold situation too. Sometimes you can find devices from monsters of vape industry for such a price and sometimes, such a device as Puma – will be ok.
Do you want functional, beautiful device, which will work perfect? Buy it! And if you prefer high quality materials and assembly – this is not your variant.​

VU Sponsors