Become a Patron!

Vapresso cCell's Possibly Harmful? - Grimm Green

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't usually watch vaping vlogs but happened upon Grim Green's latest yesterday and heard something pretty interesting. Apparently, he was sent a Vapresso Target for review and was spotted with it on instagram by a large vendor. The vendor contacted Green and informed him that there had been some testing done by a third party and found that the ceramic coils could be harmful or toxic. He did not reveal the name of the vendor or go into great detail as there is going to be further test done and he's awaiting the final results. I've always been weary of ceramic coils so I'm really interested in how this will all turn out. Anyone else hear about this?

The vlog can be seen here and the Vapresso coils come up around the 59 min mark.

DWDawg

Member For 4 Years
Phil Busardo has been talking about it too.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Phil Busardo has been talking about it too.

I have not heard phil b mention it but if he's talking about there must be something to it. I hope for everyone's sake the second round of testing comes back clean but I doubt it will.

DWDawg

Member For 4 Years
Same as grimm, phil is waiting on inhalation test results being done by some unnamed vendor. Results should be in next week. Seen it on Phils facebook page

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here's yesterdays statement from Vaporesso

STATEMENT​

Vaporesso cCell ceramic coil is an innovative product from Smoore. The special ceramic material and unique production process effectively promote coil’s utility and lead to better e-liquid flavor. This revolutionary technique has been repeatedly studied and tested by our technicians in the past two years, and it is deemed safe by third-party authoritative agencies including the test report of MSDS and ROHS ,see below link address:
http://www.vaporesso.com/news/shownews.php?lang=en&id=12
http://www.vaporesso.com/news/shownews.php?lang=en&id=9
http://www.vaporesso.com/news/shownews.php?lang=en&id=10
Since the beginning of the cCell coil sale in early December 2015, it has received notable amount of positive reviews and gained popularity among its users.

As a company with more than 10 years of experience in manufacturing and researching for electronic cigarette, we maintain strict and hygienic manufacturing process that conforms with medical standard, strivingto serve our clients, including multi-national tobacco company, with innovative electronic cigarettes featuring convenience and safety. The quality of product is the soul of our company and also the reason for our well established reputation overseas.

It is reported that some of our competitors are spreading malicious and untruthful statements to defame our products. Some of them even infringe our legal right by producing clones illegally. Smoore will continue to collect user feedback on products, continuously improve our customer service sector, and meanwhile crack down untruthful accusation about the quality of our products. Any defamatory action aiming to bring malicious competition against us will have legal consequences, and Smoore reserves the right to file lawsuit against those activities.

Smoore consistently devotes to the innovation of vaporizers and is actively involved in the healthy growth of electronic cigarette industry. We are here to defend consumer rights and maintain a sustainable sales ecological system with our partners who care about this industry as much as we do.

Legal Department
SHENZHEN SMOORE TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
Jan 8th, 2016

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw the vlog from grimm also...interested to see the outcome of this.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless they are adding a toxin to the ceramic, I don't see how a ceramic coil could be toxic or any more harmful than vaping a coil packed with cotton.

People have been vaping with ceramic as a wick media for years so I'm curious to hear what makes this toxic and genesis wicks, readyXwick not toxic.

Some of these reviewers are very eager to save the world from evil because they care so much for us... or want more subscriptions to their channel.

Anyway, subscribed to see what comes out of this.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unless they are adding a toxin to the ceramic, I don't see how a ceramic coil could be toxic or any more harmful than vaping a coil packed with cotton.

People have been vaping with ceramic as a wick media for years so I'm curious to hear what makes this toxic and genesis wicks, readyXwick not toxic.

Some of these reviewers are very eager to save the world from evil because they care so much for us... or want more subscriptions to their channel.

Anyway, subscribed to see what comes out of this.
If it xc116 untreated I would not use it, and depending on the treatment it would not be a brilliant idea to use it.

I would LOVE to see what Dr. F says about em, if he tested them and gave them a thumbs up I would reconsider them. But as it stands there are certain products I absolutely do not trust from China and ceramics and properly treated silica sleeving are one of them.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This isn't "new". Did we forget vaping doughnuts?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it xc116 untreated I would not use it, and depending on the treatment it would not be a brilliant idea to use it.

I would LOVE to see what Dr. F says about em, if he tested them and gave them a thumbs up I would reconsider them. But as it stands there are certain products I absolutely do not trust from China and ceramics and properly treated silica sleeving are one of them.
Yeah, there were those that didn't want to spend the money on readyXwick and used un kilned xc116 inhaling ceramic fibers into their lungs... I spent the money on readyXwick ;)

There are a lot of different ceramics, some that even use lead but I find it hard to believe a company (even a Chinese one) that wants to continue selling products would put a product on the market with a ceramic that has toxic materials in it. It's not like producing a non toxic ceramic is new tech, cooking ware has done it for years (decades?).

Maybe they called on the industrial ceramic tooling company down the trail from them as it was cheap and easy and didn't bother to ask what the ceramic mix would contain? I suppose so if they didn't care about future profits and their business continuing to exist.

Anyway, looking forward to more info coming out on this and I expect there will be nothing any more toxic than any other coil. Very good reviews on the flavor from them and that's what I'm all about so hurry up and get the second batch tested! :)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm sure constantly having to defend yourself against "anonymous" tester's and "phantom" accusers is tiring.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a pack of these coming monday which I ordered just before watching the Vlog on thursday, The day I got my Target tank I used the coils and its pretty damn impressive how crisp the flavor is, its not a hot vape but its still pretty damn good. I hope the results come back slightly positive so I can atleast use them semi-often....Such a shame something that good is said to be crazy bad for you...

I dont see how it could be dangerous, ceramic is one of the cleanest heating elements out there...we use cermaic for heating houses and kilns and cookware....its not like NI200 where its bad for you since before vaping...The ceramic is very hard in the coil and sealed by cotton wrapping, its actually hard to fracture it unless you go in with pliers and try to break it up. The coil is sintired into the ceramic also...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a pack of these coming monday which I ordered just before watching the Vlog on thursday, The day I got my Target tank I used the coils and its pretty damn impressive how crisp the flavor is, its not a hot vape but its still pretty damn good. I hope the results come back slightly positive so I can atleast use them semi-often....Such a shame something that good is said to be crazy bad for you...

I dont see how it could be dangerous, ceramic is one of the cleanest heating elements out there...we use cermaic for heating houses and kilns and cookware....its not like NI200 where its bad for you since before vaping...The ceramic is very hard in the coil and sealed by cotton wrapping, its actually hard to fracture it unless you go in with pliers and try to break it up. The coil is sintired into the ceramic also...
Lets think about the industrial culture of safe practices for a moment.
Melanine in baby formula, lead and plastic in dog and cat food, lead based paint on lead based toys, and many other toxic as hell intentional additives in Chinese products.
Lets not forget the Aspire shredded silica of death wicks from earlier last year.

Granted ceramics are pretty cool but they can out gas and or explode if made and treated improperly.
With that being said, do you think I am going to trust a chinese ceramic and or wick not to fail?
Pretty sure if the coils goes and fragments there is going to be some serious damage to one's mouth, throat and lungs.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lets think about the industrial culture of safe practices for a moment.
Melanine in baby formula, lead and plastic in dog and cat food, lead based paint on lead based toys, and many other toxic as hell intentional additives in Chinese products.
Lets not forget the Aspire shredded silica of death wicks from earlier last year.

Granted ceramics are pretty cool but they can out gas and or explode if made and treated improperly.
With that being said, do you think I am going to trust a chinese ceramic and or wick not to fail?
Pretty sure if the coils goes and fragments there is going to be some serious damage to one's mouth, throat and lungs.
I guess Ill let you know if anything you described happens :rolleyes::D

The other cases you are using to represent chinese marketing were crews/gangs and companies that skewer'd themselves for doing just that. Im not saying that vaping game is any cleaner or regulated but the food market there has always been dangerous, thats why locals eat imported food (sometimes which is exported from their own country). Im sure there are companies out there with the same intentions as the food crews that pulled the nasty gimmicks out there but I also believe some people wouldnt go great lengths and fuck up at the beginning, usually the bad shit happens down the road when people get greedy.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There was no silica in the Aspire wicks, nor was there ever. That was complete fabricated bullshit.
So the jagged shreds that were known to fall the hell apart that looked no where near what cotton does did not happen.
OK

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So the jagged shreds that were known to fall the hell apart that looked no where near what cotton does did not happen.
OK
That was the Ceramic Dry Wick Material...not Silica. It was used because it had better adsorbing properties and that's what you would want from a wick, Aspire had good intentions using it-they weren't out to hurt anyone. There wasnt anything wrong with using it just people had a fear that it would break down over time and could be inhaled, it was never proven to have happened in its use.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While I am in NO rush to start using an unknown wicking material, I'm also not going to condemn it yet either. It needs testing done, period.

Everyone jumped on the "popcorn lung" bandwagon prematurely, didn't they? Exactly how many vapers have popcorn lung? Yeah, zero. Just like zero smokers have popcorn lung.

So lets all just calm down and see where this goes. It will most likely be nothing more than a fad.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aspire may have had good intentions; but, the deployment was a total fail.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That was the Ceramic Dry Wick Material...not Silica. It was used because it had better adsorbing properties and that's what you would want from a wick, Aspire had good intentions using it-they weren't out to hurt anyone. There wasnt anything wrong with using it just people had a fear that it would break down over time and could be inhaled, it was never proven to have happened in its use.
SO none of the people who had the wicks fail and got mouthfuls of wicking material inhaled any of it. Got it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
SO none of the people who had the wicks fail and got mouthfuls of wicking material inhaled any of it. Got it.
Yes, If you have a link to discredit anything I said please post it.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Keep reading through that thread. Smokie could have been sued for posting that defamatory bullshit. Aspire proved there wasn't any silica in those coils, and never was, period.
Great thing about having freedom of speech.
He can say whatever he wants, and with this stink it did get them to change their bullshit and improve their product.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great thing about having freedom of speech.
He can say whatever he wants, and with this stink it did get them to change their bullshit and improve their product.

Slander and freedom of speech are two entirely different things. There was never any silica in the aspire coils

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the Chinese company selling them says they are safe, I'm sure that's good enough for most vapers on here, as long as they last a long time and blow clouds...

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the Chinese company selling them says they are safe, I'm sure that's good enough for most vapers on here, as long as they last a long time and blow clouds...

What are you basing that on? You said "most vapers on here", not some or a few but according to you, a majority of us could careless about our health and are only concerned with saving a few dollars and clouds. So, how did you arrive to that conclusion?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are you basing that on? You said "most vapers on here", not some or a few but according to you, a majority of us could careless about our health and are only concerned with saving a few dollars and clouds. So, how did you arrive to that conclusion?
By reading posts...

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any update on this? I have been thinking about getting one of these tanks.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Any update on this? I have been thinking about getting one of these tanks.
If you read through the thread they were proven to be safe, even Grimm did a video stating the same thing....many of us already knew they were safe and saw the hoax for what it was.

The Other Target Tank thread HERE

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They last a while, pretty good flavor but not as good as crown coils IMO.
Anemic clouds and air flow. Not MTL restrictive or anything but less than I like. Bought one and moved on.

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thks

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you read through the thread they were proven to be safe, even Grimm did a video stating the same thing....many of us already knew they were safe and saw the hoax for what it was.

The Other Target Tank thread HERE

Oh yeah, that whole thing... had forgotten about the false rumor deal, that was squashed pretty quickly.

VU Sponsors