Become a Patron!

Vaptio Cosmo Kit Review - Where Art Thou Coils?

Quick Brief

I contacted Vaptio to see if I could purchase the Tyro and Cosmo kit from them. They are not locally available and I was having a difficult time sourcing them. Instead, they sent me the devices for review at not cost (other than paying a staggering 30 euros in local taxes because they declared them as metal pipes) - let's be realistic though, beggars can't be choosers. I'm in two minds on whether or not to review the Tyro, I really didn't like it at all and I frankly didn't use it all that much. The Cosmo is far superior in every single way.

Quick Technical

• Pen Style System
  • MTL or DTL Vaping
  • 1.6 Ohm or 0.7 Ohm Coil options
  • 1500 mAh Battery
  • Soft, Medium and Hard power settings
Quick Review

So As I said I received this from Vaptio for free. I personally quite like the little device, as many of you know I'm not really a DTL vape kind of person (hence the pod system reviews constantly). That said, this does both well. For the MTL vape, the flavor is pleasant. I like the fact that you can change the wattage from low, medium and high. One of my favourite parts is the design, it is refillable through the top of the tank and has an inbuilt airflow that can be adjusted when you turn the entire tank. Although it doesn't have the sleakness of the pod systems that many of us enjoy.

The vapor itself is warm depending on the setting and I really didn't have any issues with it leaking or giving dry hits.... until the 3rd day of use. The coil randomly decided to burn out on the medium setting and I had to change it. I then used the 0.7 ohm coil and that too burnt out after 3 days. I was a bit disappointed that the coils didn't last as long as I had hoped. The tag line for Vaptio is "Better Gear, Better Taste" and while I do agree they have a great taste - at what cost?

Onto the vaping experience, the MTL is nice and thick - it kicks out a good amount of smoke (I know it's not smoke - I just didn't want to use vape in the same sentence twice... but I did anyways). It has a draw that is adjustable which is great, it gives you the personalization to have it as tight as a Caliburn or as open as a Crown 4. It's seriously that adjustable.

Pros

• Refillable 2ml tank with two types of coils
  • Top Fill for Juices
  • Small design but big battery life
  • Adjustable Airflow
  • Adjustable wattage (low, medium, high)
  • Great flavor
Cons

• Coils last 3-4 days
  • Not as starter friendly as a pod system
Conclusion

Personally I liked this device. I know it's a pen-style mod rather than a pod system but I figured for the purposes of this review, I would compare it to them. Now, I really like the adjust-ability of the wattage and airflow. I think it's a fantastic step up from something like the Caliburn for someone who wants to get away from pod-systems but doesn't want too move onto a full-sized mod like a Smok Alien. However, with that said - in my opinion, even with the adjust-ability - it's just not as nice as the Aspire Spryte and I don't know why. Maybe it was the fact that the coils didn't last all that long. I have both of them sitting on my desk and I find myself reaching for the Spryte instead. However, I think that is just down to personal preference and what I'm comfortable using.

It's a great device, for the first week I was using this non-stop and I would continue to do so if it wasn't for the coils. It's really my only gripe with this. I do like it a lot though.

As it stands, if you want something that has more usability than a Smok Nord, more functionaility than a Caliburn and don't mind moving to a pen-style device - the Vaptio Cosmo kit is a great choice.

That said, for me - unless my local vape store had Vaptio coils for a reasonable price, I don't think I would continue to use it. It's just too much of a headache.

Quick Score

6.5/10 (Solid 9 if the coils didn't burn out so quickly)

Quick Disclaimer

I was sent this device by Vaptio, it was provided for the purposes of this review however that won't stop me from being honest. I hope that my quick and no nonsense approach will be welcomed in the community and I look forward to any criticisms & feedback on my review.

*Want a device/kit to be reviewed? Send me a PM and I’ll do my best to get it for the purposes of a review! *

VU Sponsors