Become a Patron!

Vaptio P-III Gear starter Kit

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I received this P-III Gear kit directly from Vaptio for this review.

The Vaptio P-III Gear starter kit is made up of the Vaptio Soar P-III TC mod and the Sail P-1 TF tank. It is available in Black, White, or Red.

Key Features/Specifications

Mod

• Size 70mm (H) 51mm (W) 22mm (D)

• Battery Capacity 3000 mAh

• VW and TC Modes (Ni, Ti, SS)

• Resistance Range 0.1Ω - 3.0Ω

• Power Output 30-100 Watts in 10 Watt increments

• TC Levels 250°F- 600°F in 50° increments

Tank

• Size 22mm OD 58mm (H)

• Capacity 2ml

• “Push through” top filling.

• Adjustable juice and air flow control

• Coils 0.15Ω Kanthal

What's in the box

Included in the box are the P-II Gear mod, Sail P-I tank, 2 coils (one pre installed), USB cable, and owners manual.

QFLUGzJN_DvZMcaL3oPzikUbK9QBzWY0XbSQB9tC3gprndwhsGUNfLn9yUGPBAdYN2bmt_WiD0fYeMn4wuqgJaJNB-BYRgUxQGtO77o-o1If-2U3iR2MjjEarcaIkMalUw54R3Nq

WcQrlkcF9Jmy9DX-Q8zrjogh0zlZTyJnznR3wadRnyGA3cmjzXwnd5aiTcEJwG2qL99UwviumpGqbifo-Ft8rAS1nkQhC2EPHlBqoAPZ7Wv-Uvcpwt3MyYHPx_VoSAE72v1mgIPI

Riz_x--vc7aI50sSaCEiYQwuQ7Cg7-Ew4t68ih64YCzfnd42HL0pMNDD1I06j1WNegB1yrxowpd-voyubrhvkX4IqCKjPmWEfAjhTWHrT3JQyYxmzwMAozXOkHFNbuh4y2DtJgEk

idwtS7TzjpeXb8NkywtdlXiPrsXU-LZkdMy5hfhcNT9MUpBor8nfcnZgWBsdESRWSFCu7UzAmx8TiFEilSfnN29q5VlhC8xmmHjKDV1M8P8HICgoVufMO398SSK2G494kwVEGwEB

First thoughts and operation

One of the first things you’ll notice about this mod is the lack of a typical graphical LED display, Vaptio chose to go with a set of five LED indicators to show the mode, output, and battery level.

At first, I thought this was going to be kinda confusing to use, but it turned out not to be hard to interpret at all. The center LED shows the mode the mod is in, White is for VW, Green is TC Ni, Red TC Ti, and Blue is TC SS. The outer ring of LEDs shows what wattage level or temperature level it’s working at. To better explain this, I’ve included a picture covering the indicators function from the manufacturer.

sC5X-6g6i00nWuj4EX_DnJcK1uPy3buK0EJD_pLytRzzXHSypKmEjU-b-MZflnmTWNjE_2TjAaKF8i8-wTvmdjqqUVUWDyGl4DRinulyF-F4QHao0A0qhr1fUQW4_yEmgB52Aw0Q

The ring of LED lights gives the battery charge level once you release the fire button.

After priming the coil and filling the tank, I started out at the lowest power level (30W) and slowly worked my way up. 30watts produced very little vapor, and flavor, 40W was better, but I ended up liking it best at 50W, providing a good vape with plenty of flavor and decent cloud production. I did not get to try TC out on this set-up as they didn’t include any coils capable of doing TC. I hope they bring out some TC compatible coils in the near future. I put my Griffin 25 Plus on the P-III and set it in SS TC mode. I started using it at 450°F and bumped it up in steps all the way to the maximum 600°F setting and never got a dry hit, but the temperature seemed like it might be off by about 30° to 50° just by the coolness of the vape. I have no idea what it’s reading my build at since it doesn’t display that information, but on my other mods, it reads 0.21Ω well within the resistance limits of this mod.

Okay, back to the Soar P-I tank. This tank features what Vaptio calls “push through” top filling, by this they mean you push the needle tip of a bottle through the edge of a silicone disc that's at the top of the chimney which is supposed to help prevent leaking. It’s a novel idea, and it does seem to work. The only downside is you have to use a bottle with either a dropper cap or a needle type tip to fill the tank. You can remove the disc to make it easier to fill from a twist top style bottle like I use. I never noticed any leaking without it. Once you put the top cap back on, look at the juice inlet holes as you tighten the top cap to make sure you have turned it enough to open the juice flow back up.

_R0AbBu-fkTvcnCW8q4JTgv-6aKlmhtwMf1tLB4x1qSIN8fCpQXgqIrypj7c-X4CTnmpUyDHRgv8e6n4vcGcp6Q7mQQCZW4MqyaHFSOgNgLqCMBhEJuzQY2p8EpYEc0Bz-jyJKqK

One other thing to keep in mind when using this set-up, it does not support pass-through charging so, make sure you have the battery topped off if you’re going to be out and about with it for long periods of time. Having said that, I have found that battery life is plenty acceptable having used it for hours with the need to only charge it once.

Pros

• Compact

• Max output 100W

• TC capable

• Leak free

• Good battery life

• Tank produces good flavor without having to run high power

Cons

• Status indicators might be difficult for some to interpret

• No TC capable coils available for the included tank at this time

• No Pass-through charging

All In all, I would call this starter kit a winner with nice features that will be even better when TC capable coils are available for it. The P-III Gear will have a regular place in my gear rotation.

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/p-iii-kits-starter-kit_18/

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great write up mate lots of info must admit the control settings looked really confusing to me with so many modes ...kinda worked on the P1 cause it's simple

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice job Mark!!!!!!!!! I had a few bumps with the display/operation settings, but after reading reviews like yours, I got the hang of it. The tank included ROCKS!!

Great write up mate lots of info must admit the control settings looked really confusing to me with so many modes ...kinda worked on the P1 cause it's simple
Thanks! It's not too complicated, and I have a feeling most will find a setting that works for them and forget the rest.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That gif you posted on the different LED settings is awesome.

The mod is tough as nails too and the tank has great flavor, I hope they offer a tank with the same coils but larger capacity in the future.

Great review!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors