Become a Patron!

Variant V2 Titanium

Toniee3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Question for those who own the mod, it might seem stupid but should I still be concerned about Amperage of batteries with this mod? I use a sled with it and use 2 Samsung 30Q batteries and idk if I can actually bring up the wattage to what would be unsafe on an unregulated device? Just really unsure and don't want to test the limits ?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question for those who own the mod, it might seem stupid but should I still be concerned about Amperage of batteries with this mod? I use a sled with it and use 2 Samsung 30Q batteries and idk if I can actually bring up the wattage to what would be unsafe on an unregulated device? Just really unsure and don't want to test the limits ?

Yes, you should.

With 2 18650's, at 350W you would be drawing a huge 56.45A at a 3.1V cut off per cell, so 6.2V in series, which is far more than even the best 30A batteries can put out.

170W would be around the maximum with 30A 18650's that is really safe.

With a set of 30Q's, I wouldn't push any more than 120W. You can go past this if you wanted too, but realise you will be pushing the batteries past their CDR fairly quickly.

VU Sponsors