Become a Patron!

VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE HELP :(

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SO... when I inhale my vape and hold the fire button its all good until 2 seconds later I hear a CRACKELING noise then it gets really hot in my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We need more info. What mod, tank, power, resistance etc...

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also...how are you inhaling? It is more of a direct to lung inhale tank...if you try to puff like a cigarette it will be too hot and has too much air flow to inhale mouth to lung.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also...how are you inhaling? It is more of a direct to lung inhale tank...if you try to puff like a cigarette it will be too hot and has too much air flow to inhale mouth to lung.

how do i do this "direct to lung" inhale.?

edit: it's the Priv V8 Kit btw!

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol....direct to lung is how it sounds. Inhale straight to the lung. Don't pull into your mouth and then into the lungs. Got the details of your setup for us?

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol....direct to lung is how it sounds. Inhale straight to the lung. Don't pull into your mouth and then into the lungs. Got the details of your setup for us?

what do you mean details of your setup?

its the Priv V8 kit, so 18650 bat, baby beast tank, 60W, has a coil that says 30-50W 2.5ohm

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The baby beast is more of a direct to lung tank...my guess is you are trying to take small puffs like a cigarette?

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The baby beast is more of a direct to lung tank...my guess is you are trying to take small puffs like a cigarette?

well no im just trying to take halls but when i hear the crackeling its scary cuz it makes my mouth rlly hot!!!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Sure it says 2.5 ohms and not 0.5 ohm?

Since the V8 has no wattage control you are limited to the type of resistance as to how much power it outputs. Its acting in bypass mode simulating a mech which means at full charge it’s hitting with full power (wattage) and diminishes the more you drain it.

Having said this if it reads the resistance wrong in the coil (which you cannot see) it will bounce about when firing. One thing to look out for is a sudden spike in power or temp, the vape should be smooth through the pull increasing temp the longer you hold the button, but if it goes from ok to holy crap thats uncomfortable really quickly this might be an issue, in which case the coil might be a dud and requires changing.

If you are finding it too much after this, you might be better going with a device that can adjust the wattage or use a less powerful starter kit

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Sure it says 2.5 ohms and not 0.5 ohm?

I mean it's a smok coil, so I'm assuming OP either mistyped, or misread the coil, unless smok started making stuff geared to not sub ohming.

Also OP, I'd do what the others have suggested and get a regulated mod with VW. That way you can control what it does and get a better feel for your vaping style and settings. Hope ya can find what works for you.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean it's a smok coil, so I'm assuming OP either mistyped, or misread the coil, unless smok started making stuff geared to not sub ohming.

Also OP, I'd do what the others have suggested and get a regulated mod with VW. That way you can control what it does and get a better feel for your vaping style and settings. Hope ya can find what works for you.
The coils with this kit are direct current.15 and the .25 ohms. These are made specifically for the priv v8.

The .15 runs at about 90w with a full battery. (3.7v output)

The .25 runs at about 50w with a full battery (3.7v output)

Even at 50w on the .25 ohm coil is a direct lung inhale only.

I agree with @Hillbilly Pig and would suggest a box that has adjustable power and going with a tank that's more for mtl. I recall several times where smokers have tried my devices. One in particular was a smok alien with baby beast running at 50 watts. Every one of them took tiny mouth to lung puffs and by the time they felt like they got something out the coil was heated up and spitting in their mouths. It is not a good tank to jump to if you are first transitioning over unless you are ready to go direct lung inhale.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You guys missed the elephant in the room.

the eliquid.

If op is using cinnamon eliquid or something that's hot then ops tongue could be burning from the juice.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
well no im just trying to take halls but when i hear the crackeling its scary cuz it makes my mouth rlly hot!!!
Try opening your airflow more.
With that mod, you are pretty much limited to 60w. If your coil is rated to 50w, yes it is going to run a bit hot.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
LOL Mod reminds me of my exwife... cooks everything on HIGH. How do you want your steak? Burnt or raw? LOL.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If op is using cinnamon eliquid or something that's hot then ops tongue could be burning from the juice.

The juice might also be to strong nicotine wise. I've seen a few newbie vapers complain of hotness and it's in fact a peppery taste, indicating too strong nicotine wise. Not saying it is that 100% but it might be.

Despite being direct lung hits, we do tend to hit using our mouths to inhale the vapor. Kind of makes sense we then taste the vapor & juice by extension.

Last edited:

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The juice might also be to strong nicotine wise. I've seen a few newbie vapers complain of hotness and it's in fact a peppery taste, indicating too strong nicotine wise. Not saying it is that 100% but it might be.

Despite being direct lung hits, we do tend to hit using our mouths to inhale the vapor. Kind of makes sense we then taste the vapor & juice by extension.
The juice is Green Apple Jolly Rancher - 0 nic

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The juice is Green Apple Jolly Rancher - 0 nic

I can imagine & speculate then, this is likely why the below was posted.

We need more info. What mod, tank, power, resistance etc...

Sorry for suggesting a nicotine issue when clearly none exists. I did not know the information on the juice you were using. Contrary to hubris otherwise I cannot always read minds, don't expect many can though. Again, apologies and do please excuse me. Seems I'm no help.

VU Sponsors