Become a Patron!

Very noob question!

Wovenwolf

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello!

After few days vaping my first liquid, I'd like to try a new one. I'm wondering about what do I have to do :eek::eek: Can I just put the new liquid into my Ello and vape or do I have to clean it before?

p.s. I have a Pico 25 with Ello!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well heres the thing
you can just put the second juice in the tank after it is empty

what will happen is this,
untill all the old juice is vaporized from the cotton in the coil, you will get a mix of both flavors
eventually maybe after a ml of liquid or maybe much more you will probably only taste the 2nd flavor

but it all depends on the flavors
if the first one is tobacco or chocolate or anything heavy you will probably always get at least a hint of that flavor
if the first flavor was something light like a plain fruit flavor, then you will probably be ok after a ml or 2

its something you have to try to really find out

what most expereinced people do is
either have multiple tanks
or
change the coil and have different coils for each flavor
you dont have to trash the first coil, save it and use it again when you use the other flavor

now one thing that sometimes works is remove the coil and wash it out or soak it in pure grain or boil it
let it dry and then you can use a new flavor
this is time consuming and works the best without replacing coils or using multiple tanks

but it all depends on the flavors you are using which will determine how much success you have regardless of how you do it

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
If you don't have time to wash your coils and/or more then one, you could try what I am doing mostly, when in that situation. If you have clearer juices and most of them are fruit or candy flavored, unscrew the tank, open it, remove the coil and wash out the tank or at least clean it with qtips. Then grab the coil, close/cover the airhole and blow into the coil from the top, repeat 5-6 times till no juice comes out of the cotton anymore, prime it with the new one, put tank back together, fill it, let it sit for a bit, then use it.

However that doesn't work great with lower VG juices, or general tobacco/menthol flavors or as mentioned above heavy coffee or drink flavors. These will just mix with the other and kinda linger in the cotton till you soak them in water. Also it won't work if your juices have different VG/PG or nic content than the ones used prior, but other then that, its a quick fix if you can't clean your coils that moment or don't want them to mix with another.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If the flavors are in the same profile using a different one is not a problem in my opinion as I do it all the time. I have 3 main tanks for Tobacco. Fruits and Deserts so changing to something in the same profile works fine and the flavor of the old doesn't last more than a puff or two. Now using strong flavors like Menthol or a Cinnamon that is harder to overpower and almost impossible. Now if you get tired of a flavor and want to rinse the tank with water that also works well.

Works for me and hope it helps you. Good Luck

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you don't have time to wash your coils and/or more then one, you could try what I am doing mostly, when in that situation. If you have clearer juices and most of them are fruit or candy flavored, unscrew the tank, open it, remove the coil and wash out the tank or at least clean it with qtips. Then grab the coil, close/cover the airhole and blow into the coil from the top, repeat 5-6 times till no juice comes out of the cotton anymore, prime it with the new one, put tank back together, fill it, let it sit for a bit, then use it.

However that doesn't work great with lower VG juices, or general tobacco/menthol flavors or as mentioned above heavy coffee or drink flavors. These will just mix with the other and kinda linger in the cotton till you soak them in water. Also it won't work if your juices have different VG/PG or nic content than the ones used prior, but other then that, its a quick fix if you can't clean your coils that moment or don't want them to mix with another.
Very true one thing to add is that different juices use sweeteners of someone times unknown origin some mix (sweeteners) and they are the major cause of gunked up coils etc good info .. Carry on :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my opinion changing from a 50/50 to an 80/20 works more than just fine and the nicotine content does NOT matter at all. If you add 12 to a tank of three you do not 12 is the only difference. Like adding half a tank of 12 to a 3MG gives you 12MG in the end.

soak a good used coil / not burnt ! in ever clear or vodka 100 - 110 proof for 6-8 hrs, remove let dry and there good as new ! wish I had known this along time ago would have saved lots of money spent on coils.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have never found a coil that was able to be cleaned. Had one just before with no gunk and white cotton where it was visible but just had an off taste. So I changed it out and did an autopsy............. Found black cotton deep inside which is where the bad taste came from.

VU Sponsors