Become a Patron!

Very smart expert needed

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello all very kind people I have a new question today ok here it goes can I vape in ss tc mode on revenge X kit with GT4 or GT8 Core I heard it uses kanthal wire these cores and was told that mod will kick me out if I use ss mode in tc but last night I was using tc with these coils GT4 and 8 and revenged x worked perfectly didn’t kick me out of ss tc mode so is it safe us kanthal safe in tc mode is it really kanthal because there are questions about kanthal safety best regards too all you fine people pls help

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I'm not smart but still going to answer this.

You can not, unless you own a hohmtech device, vape kanthal in tc mode.

And while people always say you can vape factory coils in tc, I beg the differ, however you need to know what material your coils are made off. Taking a look at the manufacturers packaging should indicate the material. If not stated I would stay safe and use it in power/watt mode only.

If it states a material, set the TCR accordenly but don't assume its ss. Even if it would be, there's still differences between stainless steel itself and does affect the overall experience of the vape.

Since your mod didn't kick you out, you should be fine, but I still would check the packaging just to be absolute sure.

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not smart but still going to answer this.

You can not, unless you own a hohmtech device, vape kanthal in tc mode.

And while people always say you can vape factory coils in tc, I beg the differ, however you need to know what material your coils are made off. Taking a look at the manufacturers packaging should indicate the material. If not stated I would stay safe and use it in power/watt mode only.

If it states a material, set the TCR accordenly but don't assume its ss. Even if it would be, there's still differences between stainless steel itself and does affect the overall experience of the vape.

Since your mod didn't kick you out, you should be fine, but I still would check the packaging just to be absolute sure.
Sir my mod is not home tech is Vaporesso and coils are gt4 is it made of ss and kanthal? Pardon my ignorance I don’t know much are you saying safe or not ?

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a smok alien and it doesn't kick me out in TC mode using kanthal wire. TC mode isn't going to work right for kanthal but isn't any more dangerous than wattage mode. Stay at the lower range on wattage and keep below 480F. I don't know how you would know the real temp hence staying at low range

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, my smart idea regarding this might draw frowns. I use a mechanical mod that has none of that fancy stuff on it. I can use Kanthal, Stainless Steel, NiChrome wires for the coils I build for any RDA I use on the mod. The mod isn't picky.

I know from the experience of having built quite a few coils that if I wrap a length of wire five times around a 3 mm inner diameter, I get between 0.20 - 0.40 ohms per coil. This I also know from reading here and there is a reasonably safe range for me to use, reading is couched with experience.

The above suits for myself & a few others. Not suggesting it will work for everyone. For me it seems a smart & simple solution to all the fancy stuff that distracts from vaping. To reiterate in a way that might offer a bit more sense, vaping isn't rocket science, why turn it into that?

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a smok alien and it doesn't kick me out in TC mode using kanthal wire. TC mode isn't going to work right for kanthal but isn't any more dangerous than wattage mode. Stay at the lower range on wattage and keep below 480F. I don't know how you would know the real temp hence staying at low range
So what does ss tc means is it about the housing of the coil is made of ss and wire us kanthal inside it ?

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, my smart idea regarding this might draw frowns. I use a mechanical mod that has none of that fancy stuff on it. I can use Kanthal, Stainless Steel, NiChrome wires for the coils I build for any RDA I use on the mod. The mod isn't picky.

I know from the experience of having built quite a few coils that if I wrap a length of wire five times around a 3 mm inner diameter, I get between 0.20 - 0.40 ohms per coil. This I also know from reading here and there is a reasonably safe range for me to use, reading is couched with experience.

The above suits for myself & a few others. Not suggesting it will work for everyone. For me it seems a smart & simple solution to all the fancy stuff that distracts from vaping. To reiterate in a way that might offer a bit more sense, vaping isn't rocket science, why turn it into that?
Do u have any idea about revenge x how it should be used in in revenger x kit kanthal and ss ?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do u have any idea about revenge x how it should be used in in revenger x kit kanthal and ss ?

That is a regulated mod, no I've no accurate idea of what to use for it. I would likely suggest Stainless Steel only coils, that means the whole wire of the coil internal core and external wrap if a Clapton coil is all Stainless Steel. A few people here do use regulated mods with temperature control and that is what most of them seem to suggest to me. Barring that you might consider coils made from Nichrome 80 wire.

As I stated above, I do not use regulated mods. I do not use temperature control mods. I use mechanical mods. All I need to do is depress the firing button to open the circuit, fire and vape. I don't worry about horse manure, sorry if that makes me "bad" person. I think instead I'm rather simple.

Again, I do not like regulated mods, this means I dislike any mod with a screen or read out, any kind of chips. To me regulated mods equate with being more trouble than value. Such mods have more in my humble opinion to go wrong, and especially go wrong in a manner I cannot fix easily. This is not of value to me.

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is a regulated mod, no I've no accurate idea of what to use for it. I would likely suggest Stainless Steel only coils, that means the whole wire of the coil internal core and external wrap if a Clapton coil is all Stainless Steel. A few people here do use regulated mods with temperature control and that is what most of them seem to suggest to me. Barring that you might consider coils made from Nichrome 80 wire.

As I stated above, I do not use regulated mods. I do not use temperature control mods. I use mechanical mods. All I need to do is depress the firing button to open the circuit, fire and vape. I don't worry about horse manure, sorry if that makes me "bad" person. I think instead I'm rather simple.

Again, I do not like regulated mods, this means I dislike any mod with a screen or read out, any kind of chips. To me regulated mods equate with being more trouble than value. Such mods have more in my humble opinion to go wrong, and especially go wrong in a manner I cannot fix easily. This is not of value to me.
Ur a great person and great answer and yes it’s a regulated mod I dunno what that is but that’s what I think it is cuz it’s made by Vaporesso

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Your coil/wire is all you concern yourself with tc. The housing is not what your mod is reading. A regulated mod is a device with a chip in it basically.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ur a great person and great answer and yes it’s a regulated mod I dunno what that is but that’s what I think it is cuz it’s made by Vaporesso

Regulated mods have got computer chips or the like in them, it is the electronics in the mod that regulate the battery. You can do variable wattage and voltage on these kind of mods. You're correct in the Vaporesso being a regulated mod. Eleaf, Kanger, Smok, Ijoy make various regulated mods. They suit well for many folks and I'm not discrediting these valuable mods. If you like using them great! I'm happy you do and hope you have the best of luck in using them. :)

Unregulated or mechanical mods do not have any kind of computer chips. You can see one example in the Coppervape mod. All there is to one of these is a way to create a circuit for the electricity from the battery over to the RDA/RDTA/RBA re-build-able atomizer. This is the type of mod I use, specifically a Coppervape, I've a silver & brass one. I will likely purchase more of these. They do well enough for me. :)

I just dislike regulated mods having chips and electronics which to me are difficult to repair, especially for high prices one pays buying the mod originally. Not all regulated mods break, yet given entropy happens, well, sooner or later chips will break.

Yes, even mechanical mods can break from entropy. I'm not stating they cannot. It is though usually a bit easier, less costly to repair mechanical mods. This offers to me at least a better value in a product, ergo I use mechanical mods.

I like using single coil style RDA. I use the Gorge, the NaRDA (clones). I also can and will at times use Velocity V2 clones and the Goon clones, which are dual coil style RDAs.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your coil/wire is all you concern yourself with tc. The housing is not what your mod is reading. A regulated mod is a device with a chip in it basically.

See, it all gets into rocket science. *chuckles* Yeah, I know I kind of steered it that way a little. I hoped not to but well it just followed that darn gully.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sir my mod is not home tech is Vaporesso and coils are gt4 is it made of ss and kanthal? Pardon my ignorance I don’t know much are you saying safe or not ?

You Can vape kanthal in SS TC mode, but it is not actually being Temperature Controlled. Your mod is assuming your coil is SS, which heats up much faster than kanthal. This means your mod also thinks your coil is not heating up much at all. It won't kick you out of SS Temp Mode because it thinks your coil is much cooler than it really is.

This means also that your mod Won't lower or stop power when your coil gets too hot, or dry. So it isn't really Temp Controlling it.

I guess it's safe, but pointless

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You Can vape kanthal in SS TC mode, but it is not actually being Temperature Controlled. Your mod is assuming your coil is SS, which heats up much faster than kanthal. This means your mod also thinks your coil is not heating up much at all. It won't kick you out of SS Temp Mode because it thinks your coil is much cooler than it really is.

This means also that your mod Won't lower or stop power when your coil gets too hot, or dry. So it isn't really Temp Controlling it.

Knew there was reasoning behind folks suggesting Stainless wire for temp control devices. Can see now, why. It makes good sense to use Stainless Steel then.

Bah, I'll stay with my mechanical and use whatever combination of wire, or whichever type of wire I want as I want. Currently, I am playing the middle ground as per usual and using NiChrome 80. It does a bit better for me than Kanthal, yet I'm not sure how to quantify how so. Works up nicer too. :)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Knew there was reasoning behind folks suggesting Stainless wire for temp control devices. Can see now, why. It makes good sense to use Stainless Steel then.

Bah, I'll stay with my mechanical and use whatever combination of wire, or whichever type of wire I want as I want. Currently, I am playing the middle ground as per usual and using NiChrome 80. It does a bit better for me than Kanthal, yet I'm not sure how to quantify how so. Works up nicer too. :)
Shiny :giggle: heats up a little faster than kanthal but doesn't flip out and turn to ash if you overheat it like SS does!

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thank you sir

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thank you sir

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
heats up a little faster than kanthal but doesn't flip out and turn to ash if you overheat it like SS does!
Yep was testing a Pico Squeeze to see if the rumor it regulated to 50 watts was true.
beaker 4.jpg

As the picture illustrates it was not limited to 50W. Ran 75 watts or so as voltage measured at the atty proved before the 24 ga SS316L coil vaporized.

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Regulated mods have got computer chips or the like in them, it is the electronics in the mod that regulate the battery. You can do variable wattage and voltage on these kind of mods. You're correct in the Vaporesso being a regulated mod. Eleaf, Kanger, Smok, Ijoy make various regulated mods. They suit well for many folks and I'm not discrediting these valuable mods. If you like using them great! I'm happy you do and hope you have the best of luck in using them. :)

Unregulated or mechanical mods do not have any kind of computer chips. You can see one example in the Coppervape mod. All there is to one of these is a way to create a circuit for the electricity from the battery over to the RDA/RDTA/RBA re-build-able atomizer. This is the type of mod I use, specifically a Coppervape, I've a silver & brass one. I will likely purchase more of these. They do well enough for me. :)

I just dislike regulated mods having chips and electronics which to me are difficult to repair, especially for high prices one pays buying the mod originally. Not all regulated mods break, yet given entropy happens, well, sooner or later chips will break.

Yes, even mechanical mods can break from entropy. I'm not stating they cannot. It is though usually a bit easier, less costly to repair mechanical mods. This offers to me at least a better value in a product, ergo I use mechanical mods.

I like using single coil style RDA. I use the Gorge, the NaRDA (clones). I also can and will at times use Velocity V2 clones and the Goon clones, which are dual coil style RDAs.
Thank you sir

VU Sponsors