Become a Patron!

Very very hot button while vaping

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright. Panzier blackhawk clone i think? not too sure got it from a friend. I got the standard battery sorry im new to this, 18350 i think? Anyways, when I use it the button gets super hot. I checked to see if there was a connection issue so I took a knife and alcohol and removed the residue on it but that didn't fix anything. Also, it only vapes like half the time I press the button, like I have to press it in different places for it to actually produce heat. I dont think its the battery because it works fine in my brothers mod, but sometimes after vaping with it in the panzier theres a black ring around it where it was making contact. I also dont really have t o hold it down long, like 2 seconds and u can feel the heat really building it. What you do think is the issue? Ill do minor modifications if i have to

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also the black ring only forms on the bottom of the battery, so the top connection is fine. Also it doesnt get alot of vapor even though im doing .3 ohms dual coil, the battery isn't reccomended to go below .2 so I don't. And the battery itself doesn't get hot or expand or anything, just the copper button I press. This is a rather recent problem and I havent used it for a while so what's going on? And I tried .7 ohms single coil same issue. I tried 22, 24 and 26 awg kanthal same problem persists.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a random 18350 I think. Came from hana modz when my brother ordered it. He gave it to me because he already has 4. I scraped off a ton ton ton of tar with a dull butter knife and the heat problem is gone, but still, theres only certian spots I can press the button for it to produce heat. I screwed the connections on really tight to make sure they were all making contact fine.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I cleaned the part the touches the battery a few days ago, I gotta admit I used a relatively sharp knife. Is it possible I scraped off more parts than others so the connection is uneven? Theres no massive gashes in it. Just little tiny scrape marks.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Magnetic or spring switch? Hot button is caused by more resistance in button than atty/coil. Can you take a picture of the battery? Should be an 18650 not 350...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
new at 11... retard fucking with shit he should not be found with exploded mod.. detailed web history shows people told him how fucking stupid he was.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Magnetic or spring switch? Hot button is caused by more resistance in button than atty/coil. Can you take a picture of the battery? Should be an 18650 not 350...
Spring switch. Yeah, the heat problem is gone now that I cleaned that up. it is a 18650, Im just rather new to this and didnt actually bother reading the battery. It has 18650 then a bunch of random letters under it and all.
your stupidity is causing it. Stop using before darwin comes a knockin.
My stupidity fixed half of the problem so ill take it. Im not going to stop using it if its perfectly fine with a minor modification. Asshole.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you guys dont know how to fix the hot spots issue I don't know why your posting on this thread. Thats what im asking to have help with.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I told you its not the battery already, also. It works fine free of heat. Clearly its something to do with the mods contact with the battery, If I can get someone's opinion on HOW TO FIX IT that would be good. If you don't know how don't share your ignorant opinion.

EDIT: buying a new mod is not fixing the one I have. Thats another solution I'm not asking for, I clearly asked "HOW TO FIX IT" not how if I should buy a new one. Clearly I know I can buy a new one but id rather see if I can get the experience and fix the one I own.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You have no business using an unregulated mech at this point. STOP using it.

Get a regulated mod, LEARN about battery safety and ohm's law, then come back and ask questions BEFORE you use some random pipe bomb.
Again completely unrelated. I have a regulated hana modz as stated previously, please read. I stated it works fine so its definately not the battery. I stated the battery was clearly safe, as it produced no battery heat and the battery is not bloated or leaking. Please read before you share your unrelated opinion.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think people are actually trying to warn you, albeit, in their own colorful ways, but you don't want to mess with mechs and not know battery safety. Seriously.
Alright I get their trying to warn me, their assholes about it reguardless. I'm not clueless about batteries, I said this multiple times, the battery is in fine perfect condition, it shows 0 signs of being damaged. I already searched how to check your battery and troubleshooted it. I tried another battery just now, and I'm still having the issue where it only produces vapor if I press it in the right place. Its clearly not the battery. So again for the 3rd or fourth time, How do I fix the issue where I have to press it in different places for it to produce vapor? Do I give it a alcohol bath, do I use sandpaper and even out the surface? Ideas please.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gonna move this over to the mech area, maybe more will chime in there. Hope it helps. Good luck!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Alright I get their trying to warn me, How do I fix the issue where I have to press it in different places for it to produce vapor? Do I give it a alcohol bath, do I use sandpaper and even out the surface? Ideas please.. I'm not clueless about batteries, I said this multiple times, the battery is in fine perfect condition, it shows 0 signs of being damaged. I already searched how to check your battery and troubleshooted it. I tried another battery just now, and I'm still having the issue where it only produces vapor if I press it in the right place. Its clearly not the battery. So again for the 3rd or fourth time, .
Ok... km going to try and be nice... the fact that you are asking these questions is enough reason for you to put down the Mech and pick up a regulated mod. You can get the same vape or even better with a mod that will help protect you while you learn how to use a mechanical.
The last thing this industry needs is another person hurting themselves.

How do I fix the issue where I have to press it in different places for it to produce vapor? Do I give it a alcohol bath, do I use sandpaper and even out the surface? Ideas please.
Some Mech mods fire that way, some can be fixed with a spring or magnet replacement

Get a regulated mod, LEARN about battery safety and ohm's law... do you even know what battery you Are using? there are tons of 18650 cells out some require a certain kind lf build, hence learn about this stuff before you hurt yourself. Some should not be used in ANY mod.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok... km going to try and be nice... the fact that you are asking these questions is enough reason for you to put down the Mech and pick up a regulated mod. You can get the same vape or even better with a mod that will help protect you while you learn how to use a mechanical.
The last thing this industry needs is another person hurting themselves.

How do I fix the issue where I have to press it in different places for it to produce vapor? Do I give it a alcohol bath, do I use sandpaper and even out the surface? Ideas please.
Some Mech mods fire that way, some can be fixed with a spring or magnet replacement

Get a regulated mod, LEARN about battery safety and ohm's law... do even know what battery you Are using? there are toms lf 18650 cells out some require a certain kind lf build, hence learn about this stuff before you hurt yourself.

...I don't know how many more times I have to say, I have a regulated hana modz. Im just trying to fix a problem instead of dishing out more money. Its a good way to learn instead of buying to avoid your problems.

I will replace the spring and let you know how it goes.

Also stated previously the battery came with a hana modz v3. it is a 18650 and I did read about it (also as stated earlier..) it reccomends to not go below .2 ohms. So I don't. Thanks though.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I was going to suggest sandpaper because that would get the connections the most evenly.
This guy WILL NOT stop using this mod so let's help him out so he doesn't darwin himself.
Make sense?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
...I don't know how many more times I have to say, I have a regulated hana modz. Im just trying to fix a problem instead of dishing out more money. Its a good way to learn instead of buying to avoid your problems.

I will replace the spring and let you know how it goes.

Also stated previously the battery came with a hana modz v3. it is a 18650 and I did read about it (also as stated earlier..) it reccomends to not go below .2 ohms. So I don't. Thanks though.
Its a panzer clone... youre throwing good money after bad.
just check the attitude dude.... I'm not trying to get flip, I'm trying to help you keep all your fingers and scar free face.
Now, what battery are you using?
Do you have waterblock?

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was going to suggest sandpaper because that would get the connections the most evenly.
This guy WILL NOT stop using this mod so let's help him out so he doesn't darwin himself.
Make sense?

Ill get to the sandpaper, I thought that a decent idea too. I respect you're the only person to understand I actually want to fix what I have instead of buying something else. I also respect you probably know I have a regulated mod that works fine already because I said it atleast 4 times now. I don't know why people keep saying to go to a regulated mod after I said 5 times I wanted to FIX what I have.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The spring may be the problem.
They often offer magnet upgrade kits for only a few dollars that solve the issue.
A stronger spring will work too.
If not try stretching the spring out a little and see what happens.

I decided to quickly answer so I only read the first few posts so could you please tell us what atomizer are you using?
What ohms is it set to?
What does the battery look like and what do the markings say on it?
Thanks

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Take battery out. Since you have no clue about batteries by your post... dispose of it properly.
Get new battery within limits you are building and pushing it. Samsung, Sony or LG.

Take mod and toss it and pick up something a bit better.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a panzer clone... youre throwing good money after bad.
just check the attitude dude.... I'm not trying to get flip, I'm trying to help you keep all your fingers and scar free face.
Now, what battery are you using?
Do you have waterblock?

I'm trying to explain it as simple as possible, sorry if I came off with a attitude. Multiple people telling me something completely unrelated to what I was asking multiple times gets annoying. I did more research on the battery, it is a sony vtc5 18650. No waterblock, I cleaned it with pressurized air to make sure no metal shards were in the way. I tried a really weak spring and a super strong spring, that didn't work.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Everybody needs a spare mod and if someone gave it to me i'd be trying to clean it up and get it performing correctly too.
Even if I was just going to give a good cleaning just to put it back on the shelf to use in case of an emergency.
I clean my mechanical mods and test them yearly even though I never really use them anymore.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gonna drop this tidbit, here, but when we see "very hot button, very hot" as a title, most are going to assume your battery is venting. Maybe change your title, people may be less apt to think you're venting, and pay more attention to the button part.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The spring may be the problem.
They often offer magnet upgrade kits for only a few dollars that solve the issue.
A stronger spring will work too.
If not try stretching the spring out a little and see what happens.

I decided to quickly answer so I only read the first few posts so could you please tell us what atomizer are you using?
What ohms is it set to?
What does the battery look like and what do the markings say on it?
Thanks
I tried a cut airsoft spring a tad longer than what was in it, it produced the same result. I never mentioned, the atomizer is a mutation v4 I picked up at my local vape store. Right now it's .5 ohms exactly. I tried 1 ohms and .3 it's the same result.

The battery is bright green with random numbers on the green casing, and a white label on it says "3.7v 2600 mah lithium li-ion battery" I asked my brother and he said it was a sony vtc5.

Take battery out. Since you have no clue about batteries by your post... dispose of it properly.
Get new battery within limits you are building and pushing it. Samsung, Sony or LG.

Take mod and toss it and pick up something a bit better.
Alright i'm just going to ignore you because you don't seem to get the idea here. I stated I used a different battery, 2 now, and it's the same outcome. I don't understand why I have to say I tried different batteries but you still seem to think its the battery. I also said I'm not going to toss a fixable mod, I said that in almost every one of my posts. If your going to keep saying irrelivant stuff then leave because there are people that are willing to help.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the contacts are dirty, just use a white rubber eraser. Sandpaper may damage the contacts if they're plated.
That eraser is a good idea, although I already started using the sandpaper.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried a cut airsoft spring a tad longer than what was in it, it produced the same result. I never mentioned, the atomizer is a mutation v4 I picked up at my local vape store. Right now it's .5 ohms exactly. I tried 1 ohms and .3 it's the same result.

The battery is bright green with random numbers on the green casing, and a white label on it says "3.7v 2600 mah lithium li-ion battery" I asked my brother and he said it was a sony vtc5.

Alright i'm just going to ignore you because you don't seem to get the idea here. I stated I used a different battery, 2 now, and it's the same outcome. I don't understand why I have to say I tried different batteries but you still seem to think its the battery. I also said I'm not going to toss a fixable mod, I said that in almost every one of my posts. If your going to keep saying irrelivant stuff then leave because there are people that are willing to help.
Joule heating. you are continuing down the road of a painful failure.
Good luck on that darwin award, I mean mythbusters polished a turd so you just figure you could also...

Might as well stop while ahead...
If not then fuck ya.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Joule heating. you are continuing down the road of a painful failure.
Good luck on that darwin award, I mean mythbusters polished a turd so you just figure you could also...

Might as well stop while ahead...
If not then fuck ya.

Joule heating is fixable, I wouldn't say fixing a connection between a copper button and a battery is mythbusters worthy, but thanks for your input, asshole.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright.. Im just going to unwatch the thread and even out the connection. I don't know if people don't read or what. I tried 3 different batterys, 2 brand new, and same result. Its not the damn battery jesus christ.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Joule heating is fixable, I wouldn't say fixing a connection between a copper button and a battery is mythbusters worthy, but thanks for your input, asshole.
Fuck you very much. Drive through.

Don;t use your wiping hand while keeping firing that hand grenade in waiting. Tough to wipe your ass missing fingers.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Alright.. Im just going to unwatch the thread and even out the connection. I don't know if people don't read or what. I tried 3 different batterys, 2 brand new, and same result. Its not the damn battery jesus christ.
Then it is your mod.
Too stupid to take given advice when you asked. Then stop while you are ahead.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh look at that. The sandpaper fixed it. Feel free to use this solution if it happens to you. The dumb assholes that couldn't figure a solution and kept repeating themselves and being rude were unneeded. 1 guy supported the sandpaper idea. Coincidentally that was the only guy that realized it wasn't the battery or the mod itself. Jesus, come to a vape help forum for help and 90% of it is flaming me. Thanks 5150sick and firebird. Also thanks to the mod for moving the thread to the proper place.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then it is your mod.
Too stupid to take given advice when you asked. Then stop while you are ahead.
Also if you call what you gave "advice" then you should probably not participate in the help section if your unable to read the problem Im having and the solution considering is OK to do.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh look at that. The sandpaper fixed it. Feel free to use this solution if it happens to you. The dumb assholes that couldn't figure a solution and kept repeating themselves and being rude were unneeded. 1 guy supported the sandpaper idea. Coincidentally that was the only guy that realized it wasn't the battery or the mod itself. Jesus, come to a vape help forum for help and 90% of it is flaming me. Thanks 5150sick and firebird. Also thanks to the mod for moving the thread to the proper place.
Oh look only unteen billion old threads covering it.
Good luck still take the non wiping hand use as a suggestion.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My response was very related to your question. A strong vs weak spring really means nothing. You want a spring with less resistance than the load you're trying to fire. And my asking you to post a pic of the battery was to assist in determining what it was. Just because something works fine in a 30w regulated mod with built in safety features means literally nothing. You're potentially drawing much higher amps from an unregulated device.
On to your only works when you press it in certain ways, sounds very much like and uneven connection to me.
Also just because it's a vtc5 doesn't mean a whole lot with prolonged use batteries develop an internal resistance that can cause a host of issues. A spring SHOULD NOT be part of the circuit but often is, a copper spring will help greatly. A magnet should help with a smoother button press as well but with low resistance runs the risk of reverse polarity.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a Blackhawk and had to clean the paint off the threading between segments. Decreases voltage drop and hits a bit harder. I didn't like how I had to unscrew the adjustment almost all the way for an 18650.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, I sat the contacts in ketchup then cleaned them off and they were perfect.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just a thought you said above that your battery is '' a random battery from a Hana.'' so since they have not released a new mod that uses 18650s in almost a year. How old is the battery? Are you building within them? Also where did this clone come from? I know you want to keep it, but from my own experience I have had to dispose of a few clones only because they were beyond repair.
Check fatdaddy... he has some parts kits for panzer mods but read the notice
http://fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html

I'm trying to explain it as simple as possible, sorry if I came off with a attitude. Multiple people telling me something completely unrelated to what I was asking multiple times gets annoying. I did more research on the battery, it is a sony vtc5 18650. No waterblock, I cleaned it with pressurized air to make sure no metal shards were in the way. I tried a really weak spring and a super strong spring, that didn't work.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also if you call what you gave "advice" then you should probably not participate in the help section if your unable to read the problem Im having and the solution considering is OK to do.
Stupid answers to dead horse beaten questions.
Some reading should be required, but then again the same question and same round and round with people that think they know better.

*shrug* you are right I know nothing but then I am not the one using an unknown battery in an unknown manufactured pipe bomb in waiting whining about why it is not working.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had a Blackhawk and had to clean the paint off the threading between segments. Decreases voltage drop and hits a bit harder. I didn't like how I had to unscrew the adjustment almost all the way for an 18650.

^^^ and no ox id on the threads

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All Joule heating needs is a good cleaning of the contacts top and bottom and the use of a battery with the amperage limit high enough to handle the build on your atty. With mechanicals, the only safety on them is you and your knowledge. Batteries and Ohm's law are things that need to be learned if you are going to use a mech safely.

Out of curiosity, what brand and model battery are you using? I would like to make sure you are using your mech safely.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have fun with battery arcing with those scuffed up contacts. Better get some Deoxit Gold. Lol

VU Sponsors