Very very hot button while vaping

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All Joule heating needs is a good cleaning of the contacts top and bottom and the use of a battery with the amperage limit high enough to handle the build on your atty. With mechanicals, the only safety on them is you and your knowledge. Batteries and Ohm's law are things that need to be learned if you are going to use a mech safely.

Out of curiosity, what brand and model battery are you using? I would like to make sure you are using your mech safely.
He/she said vtc5 but who knows how old it is or if it's authentic.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was going to suggest sandpaper because that would get the connections the most evenly.
This guy WILL NOT stop using this mod so let's help him out so he doesn't darwin himself.
Make sense?
I'm not going to give suggestions to someone who CLEARLY is using a mech with ZERO clue to battery safety or ohm's law. I'm not going to partake in that. If he blows his face off, it's on him and those that "wanted to help".

I'm not being an asshole or a snob. Every time a newb brings up a mech subject, it is suggested they learn battery safety and ohms law FIRST before using a mech. Not gonna waver from that here in this thread, because someone wants to be an arrogant twerp.

Any mech user with even a little knowledge and experience, will know where to start with his apparent problems. So make him learn.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm not going to give suggestions to someone who CLEARLY is using a mech with ZERO clue to battery safety or ohm's law. I'm not going to partake in that. If he blows his face off, it's on him and those that "wanted to help".

I'm not being an asshole or a snob. Every time a newb brings up a mech subject, it is suggested they learn battery safety and ohms law FIRST before using a mech. Not gonna waver from that here in this thread, because someone wants to be an arrogant twerp.

Any mech user with even a little knowledge and experience, will know where to start with his apparent problems. So make him learn.

I get it but if he blows his face off because we made fun of him then it's even worse.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get it but if he blows his face off because we made fun of him then it's even worse.
I understand where you are coming from, but respectfully disagree.

If I refuse to help until they learn basic safety, I have NO involvement. Even if they blow their face off in the process, it's all on the user. I didn't force them to use the mech, and I didn't offer a "solution" that led them to continue using a device they should not be using.

If they can't commit to learning the basics, no one has any obligation to help them blow up themselves. Fuck the dumb people.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The guy "thinks" he has a Panzier Black Hawk clone, which he "thinks" is using an 18350 battery. IOW he doesn't know what he has, much less how it works, and he's asking for advice on how to repair or modify it? "It" being probably the most dangerous bit of vaping kit one can use?

The members that told him to put it down and walk away were giving the best advice, IMHO.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The next time you clean the contacts, polish them with metal polish. Not sand paper. Sand paper will take more material off and your problem will get worse and worse every cleaning.

Completely tear the button down and polish every part in there.

Mech mods need to be cleaned up often to perform at their best and if the button is heating up it is way past due for some maintenance.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The guy "thinks" he has a Panzier Black Hawk clone, which he "thinks" is using an 18350 battery. IOW he doesn't know what he has, much less how it works, and he's asking for advice on how to repair or modify it? "It" being probably the most dangerous bit of vaping kit one can use?

The members that told him to put it down and walk away were giving the best advice, IMHO.
Again why I told him to use his non butt wiping hand to fire said jenky mod.
At least if he blows his fingers off or acid burns them he can still at least wipe his own ass.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Again why I told him to use his non butt wiping hand to fire said jenky mod.
At least if he blows his fingers off or acid burns them he can still at least wipe his own ass.
Harsh dudes.

But.......... the way he worded that post he was just asking for an ass kicking wasn't he.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Harsh dudes.

But.......... the way he worded that post he was just asking for an ass kicking wasn't he.
Meh was the best advice I could give his whiny bitch ass when he did not heed it.
I mean look at it this way. You will be laying there all fucked up in the hospital and dignity is basically gone from trying to finger Darwin's bunghole and you need to poop and wipe... you want to sacrifice any more asking your parents, friends, or a nurse to have to do it for you?

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a panzer blackhawk mech about a year ago and had the same problem the button was only making contact to battery in a certain place I had to push the button straight up and in middle of button if i pushed it up even slightly off centre it got warm iv still got the mod but use it as a paper weight now. sometimes clones aren't the best option.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought a panzer blackhawk mech about a year ago and had the same problem the button was only making contact to battery in a certain place I had to push the button straight up and in middle of button if i pushed it up even slightly off centre it got warm iv still got the mod but use it as a paper weight now. sometimes clones aren't the best option.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk
100% of the mechs are a zero option when the end user is fucktarded, using a fucktarded jenky unknown mod, and a jenky unknown battery.
Smart the op is not.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
100% of the mechs are a zero option when the end user is fucktarded, using a fucktarded jenky unknown mod, and a jenky unknown battery.
Smart the op is not.
I would be perfectly happy if all Mech mods were never made just so I would not have to explain that a freaking mini bomb (30 amp battery) is about to explode if you are not careful.. I think of the amount of times I have tried to explain using a Mech,cleaning,safetly since this forum started. mech's have been the downfall of vaping and continue to be.. IMHO any vape shop that sells them is in the long run just aiding the regulation.. I no longer assist with any topic regardig Mech's my opinion is if someone is resistant to advice even if it seems hard to them then maybe they need to blow their face off.. Call it tough love .:)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would be perfectly happy if all Mech mods were never made just so I would not have to explain that a freaking mini bomb (30 amp battery) is about to explode if you are not careful.. I think of the amount of times I have tried to explain using a Mech,cleaning,safetly since this forum started. mech's have been the downfall of vaping and continue to be.. IMHO any vape shop that sells them is in the long run just aiding the regulation.. I no longer assist with any topic regardig Mech's my opinion is if someone is resistant to advice even if it seems hard to them then maybe they need to blow their face off.. Call it tough love .:)
agree 100%, not like this area of the forum is not choke full of the same advise over and over.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have learnt quite a lot in my time here and on the UK forums, and even now, knowing a lot about safety, I don't use my unregulated mods often.

One mech I own, a Nemesis clone, gets hot in the fire button, I was told this is resistance in the button.
I tried everything I could, but it never stopped-so I never use that mech.

I advise you get a regulated mod, plus some NEW batteries that were not covered in so much gunk, you had to use a metal object to remove it.

Get something like some Samsung 25R's, and a suitable mod, I like the Evic VTC mini for single battery use, but you may want to go for something with a little less power while you are learning. I started on a Sig 30 Mini, and that still gets used to this day.

Stay safe, ask questions, but please, be very careful, and don't use a unregulated mod until you know a fair bit more than you do at the moment.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I do agree with this.

I know someone over here in the UK I got introduced too, who wanted to vape super high wattage, without learning anything, as "He couldn't be bothered with that shit".
This was simple battery safety and ohm's law.

He went on to say he wanted a mech, which I pushed him away from, but he still does not understand, or is willing to understand anything-so I stopped helping him. I explained if you can't respect the device, and are endangering yourself, I am NOT going to be at blame for when, not if, something goes wrong.

He wanted a DNA200, when I explained you have to use software to create your own perfect vape, it was "shit". Anything that involves using your mind is that according to him.

This was some of the best gems-"I am running my sigelei 150TC with a 0.19 build, 250 watts boom!"

Another, somehow he became ADMIN of a facebook vaping group-"I'm admin nw u can giv me info and mke me lk lke a BOSS". I told him how about he LEARNS instead of repeating what I tell him.

The final gem before I stopped talking to him was "I have a coil, that says 30-50W max, I am using it at 80W and getting dry hits. Any idea why?" I told him to back off the wattage, again, if it couldn't do 80W it was "shit".

He did not want to learn, no matter how much I tried, so the only thing I could do was distance myself-as I would get the blame when something went wrong.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also the black ring only forms on the bottom of the battery, so the top connection is fine. Also it doesnt get alot of vapor even though im doing .3 ohms dual coil, the battery isn't reccomended to go below .2 so I don't. And the battery itself doesn't get hot or expand or anything, just the copper button I press. This is a rather recent problem and I havent used it for a while so what's going on? And I tried .7 ohms single coil same issue. I tried 22, 24 and 26 awg kanthal same problem persists.
Hang on-the black ring you are describing-is there a tear anywhere on the battery wrapper? That black ring could be scorch marks for all I know.

Seriously-vaping is good and all-but in this case, I would give the device to someone else, so you can't actually use it, and save for a Regulated mod like I said before-you can get good ones for very cheap nowadays, especially if you just want one that has no TC.

A week's worth of Cigarette money could get you a safe mod, plus a battery to get vaping safely.

EDIT: I apologize for the triple post, but this really has me worried.

M40

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
new at 11... retard fucking with shit he should not be found with exploded mod.. detailed web history shows people told him how fucking stupid he was.

The problem is that the 11 o'clock news will NOT report that a well-deserved Darwin Award was duly earned. They will report on another "e-cigarette explosion" and the "dangerous vaping fad". And sooner or later, politicians will jump to "protect" the bottom of the gene pool and try to ban perfectly good gear.

They just reported yet another one last week, even though it was NOT the mod that blew up. It turns out the guy had a couple bare, unprotected 18650's, some spare change, and his car keys... all just rattling around loose in his pocket. While it doesn't rhyme, the expression, "dumbass, dumbass, pants on fire" came to mind.

M40

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If he blows his face off, it's on him and those that "wanted to help".

I agree wholeheartedly that this is the way it SHOULD be. However, there are media whores just waiting for this guy to blow his face apart so they can run stories on the dangers of vaping. There are politicians waiting for it so they can "protect the children" from vaping. Before you know it, there will be laws and regulations all over the place... and all your gear will cost 3 times as much money, and come with "child safety" locks that make them a pain in the ass to actually use.

VU Sponsors