Become a Patron!

VG and...diarrhea??

So, recently I just switched to Ruthless vapor which is....I think.... A 80/20 mix. (High in VG). Ever since then, I have had stomach aches and diarrhea. Is this just a mishap or is this common in some people?

I use to use use Suicide Bunny ALL DAY! Loved that stuff.

But, I switched to a RDA and tried this new stuff (which I'm IN LOVE WITH) at about 3mg of nic (opposed to 13-18 like I use to) and now I have the poops.

Anyone shed any light on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glycerin will give you the trots if you ingest it - or if you "consume" it, well, from the exit chute. That's how laxatives work. But it won't do that if you inhale it.

If you switch to a RDA, even with 3 mg nic, you might be overdosing on nic. That will mess up your insides, at least temporarily. For what it's worth, I can vape 18 mg in a tank all day, but 3 drags of 18 mg in a RDA will make me queasy in a hurry. That's how much more potent nicotine is out of a RDA.

You might also be intolerant to a flavor that's in your new juice.

It has been almost a full week and I am pretty sure that this stuff (Ruthless) is making me sick because of the high VG

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Suicide Bunny is high on vg too. Maybe not 80/20, but up there. Try another brand of juice at 70/30.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It has been almost a full week and I am pretty sure that this stuff (Ruthless) is making me sick because of the high VG

Could be something in it. I know that sometimes vaping triggers my heartburn.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be something in it. I know that sometimes vaping triggers my heartburn.

It's the nicotine. I have the same problem (heartburn) and it gets worse wihen I vape nic juices. The more nic, the more heartburn. it's the only true medical downside of vaping for me.

I believe it occurs because you unwittingly swallow a little condensed nic juice all the time when you vape, and nic is an irritant to the stomach.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm using Kayfuns so my nic is a lot higher than what most of you guys use. I'm typically at 18-20, but thinking I'm going to start cutting back once the juice I have is gone (which will be a while...)

Hadn't considered that it might be the nic that triggers the heartburn. I definitely have gotten a bit nauseous from overdoing it a time or two though. Especially when I first started testing juice in a dripper. Holy cow that was a head rush!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BTW @Blinkie907 it could be the type of VG that they are using. I just recently found out that there are different things being used to make VG. Apparently RTSvapes sells a kind that is made from coconut which would affect my wife because she is really sensitive to coconut and I bet if she vaped it, it would make her nauseous assuming she didn't put it down right away after tasting it.

VU Sponsors