Become a Patron!

VGOD Elite RDA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, in this review i take a look at the VGOD Elite RDA. I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Elite RDA for the purpose of this review.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vgod-el...11149.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 x VGOD Elite RDA
1 x Spare O Ring Bag
1 x 3-Way Screwdriver
1 x Elite Dripper Manual
2 x Pro Coils

Aesthetics

Medieval is my initial thought when i first looked at this rather handsome, short RDA. It has a Castellated sleeve which interlocks with the base and a very wide bore drip tip / mouthpiece that flows with the shape rounding it at the top. The sleeve has a nicely engraved Vgod Elite series shield on it. There are 2 nonadjustable airflow slots (Vgod products are made for serious cloud). I recieved the copper version which in my opinion is the pick of the colours with the contrast between the copper sleeve and black base and drip tip.

Specs:

Diameter: 24mm
Height: 33mm
Standard 510 connector with Hybrid compatible pin
RDA design with dual-post, tool-free build deck
ultra-wide bore drip-tip
Dual circular deck-posts
11mm coil space between posts
posts have extra-large terminal holes
Each terminal hole big enough to take 2 x fat Coils
Screw-down copper clamp on top of each post
Clamps designed for tool-free, finger tightening
Clamps have heads for Phillips or flat-head screwdrivers
9.25mm deep e juice well (about 2ml capacity)
below-coil airflow ports on build-deck
Ports fed by fixed airflow slots
Airflow tuned for max cloud volume & density
Twin, spaced O rings for leak-free dripping
Features the VGOD ‘stars & stripes’ shield
Premium design & build quality
Perfect for big, dense cloud generation
Great RDA for vape tricks
Finishes: Black, Gold, Copper or Stainless Steel

Build Deck

The build deck is a 24mm 2 post duel coil scenario. This is where it starts getting interesting, despite receiving a t-piece with the RDA it's marketed as a finger-tight deck, so while using the Elite i didn't touch the t-piece or any other screwdriver. The posts resemble the bottom sections of flat bottomed screws, that have been hollowed out. There are 2 caps that you use to screw over the posts to fix the wires in place, giving even pressure across them. The top of these caps accommodates both a Phillips or flat screwdriver for those who wish to tighten them further but i resisted. The Elite has a massive juice well that can hold up to 2ml of liquid and the sleeve fastens tightly with double o-rings so shouldn't get any leaking issues. Building and wicking is a doddle and the large hollowed out sections on the posts allow for very chunky coils. Looking at the deck you can also see the coils will be receiving a generous amount of air.

Using the Elite RDA

I enjoyed using the Elite as i only tend to use drippers with BF pins because i don't wan't to have to keep applying liquid. Every time i do use one i tell myself i must use them more often as i really enjoy the vaping experience but it never materializes. I only used it with modest builds as that's what i enjoy, but still it produced serious clouds. It gave very good flavour too which i would always pick over cloud (both is a bonus). After saying that; i would of preferred the option of reducing the air slightly. As i said before i tend not to use drippers because of keep having to remove the sleeve to add more liquid but the mouthpiece on the Elite is 24mm at the base and screws off in a couple of seconds revealing the entire deck, so i used that method. With the very wide bore mouthpiece of course you can add liquid straight through that if you wanted.

Pros

Quality made
It looks Good
Original post idea (finger-tight)
large post holes
Very easy to build
Very large juice well
Good flavour
Capable of huge clouds
Generous airflow
Hybrid friendly

Cons

Airflow nonadjustable will be an issue for some (i would of preferred just restricting the air a bit).

Conclusion

A quality made, nice looking RDA, which can accommodate nice chunky coils and produce large amounts of vapour. I found with modest fused clapton coils i got very nice flavour but would of liked a little less air (just my preference). I had no issues with fastening the wires just finger-tight and suffered no leaking.

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for sending the VGOD Elite RDA.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vgod-el...11149.html

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks good my only thing that kept me from buying it was the post screws.
They actually work very well, but when not using it would have to make sure they have been screwed on else could easily be lost.

Locomotion

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And not easily replaced I bet or they would've sent spares like the post screws with the pro rda,rdta.Its still a good looking peice you got there.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And not easily replaced I bet or they would've sent spares like the post screws with the pro rda,rdta.Its still a good looking peice you got there.
Maybe an internet search (i will have a look myself later) will find them and they can be replaced easily as it is strange you don't get spares.

Locomotion

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not strange it just struck me those new post screws is the whole build itself.If something happens to one side your screwed.I would buy two elites just to have a backup plan.Vapelife

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not strange it just struck me those new post screws is the whole build itself.If something happens to one side your screwed.I would buy two elites just to have a backup plan.Vapelife
I will just be disciplined enough to remember to keep them screwed on.

VU Sponsors